Johnny Manziel RULES!!! Declares for NFL draft

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do know that Johnny doesn't run around in circles every play right?

I'm aware... while he is capable of completing the impossible throw, he sometimes appears incapable of the possible throw. He holds onto the ball for eternities. Goes through progressions slowly and instead of throwing a 10 yard pass that is opem, he tries to complete a 40 yard pass. By the time he throws it, the WRs have already completed their routes and he throws it up to a surprised WR who sometimes comes down with it,instead of running the actual play for a 1st down that was drawn up. That is what makes him maddeningly inconsistent and tough to coach. He thinks he can make every and any throw. A lot of the times, he is right and it works - so he continues to do it. In the NFL I think he will need to be reigned in. He plays the game like a 12 year old with an xbox controller. Will be interesting to watch in the NFL. I actually think he will still be tough to sack. But he will be able to be forced into bad decisions. Just my opinion, I know many don't agree. Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm aware... while he is capable of completing the impossible throw, he sometimes appears incapable of the possible throw. He holds onto the ball for eternities. Goes through progressions slowly and instead of throwing a 10 yard pass that is opem, he tries to complete a 40 yard pass. By the time he throws it, the WRs have already completed their routes and he throws it up to a surprised WR who sometimes comes down with it,instead of running the actual play for a 1st down that was drawn up. That is what makes him maddeningly inconsistent and tough to coach. He thinks he can make every and any throw. A lot of the times, he is right and it works - so he continues to do it. In the NFL I think he will need to be reigned in. He plays the game like a 12 year old with an xbox controller. Will be interesting to watch in the NFL. I actually think he will still be tough to sack. But he will be able to be forced into bad decisions. Just my opinion, I know many don't agree.

Wow, with all those weaknesses he should be available to us on Day Three or as an UDFA, right?

Wow, with all those weaknesses he should be available to us on Day Three or as an UDFA, right?

lol. I didn't talk about the positives. . it's just my opinion as someone watching him on TV. But I think he can change, if he wants to. Decent mechanics. Seems to be more accurate throwing off his back foot than with his feet set sometimes. Crazy. He has a lot of potential. He is intriguing, that is for sure.

lol. I didn't talk about the positives. . it's just my opinion as someone watching him on TV. But I think he can change, if he wants to. Decent mechanics. Seems to be more accurate throwing off his back foot than with his feet set sometimes. Crazy. He has a lot of potential. He is intriguing, that is for sure.

Hey, you could very well be right. There have been plenty of college QBs with similar skill sets who washed out in the NFL. (Colt McCoy comes to mind.). I just have a feeling that this guy is different and I bet there will be at least one GM holding a top-four pick who agrees with me. It only takes one.

Hey, you could very well be right. There have been plenty of college QBs with similar skill sets who washed out in the NFL. (Colt McCoy comes to mind.). I just have a feeling that this guy is different and I bet there will be at least one GM holding a top-four pick who agrees with me. It only takes one.

Not only do I think he will go that high, I think the Browns may trade up to 2 to get past the Jags. Not the best or worst place to be (Cleveland) because they have Josh Gordon already, who catches everything.

If he goes to the Cleveland travelling sh--show I foresee a short career.

Factory of Sadness - possible. My biggest fear of him going to Cleveland is like EJ coming here... he wil be looked at as a savior for their last 10 years of no playoffs and will have a very short leash with the fan base. If he has growing pains, the fans and media may turn in him and I don't know how he would handle that given his past behavior. Flip off the crowd? It would be funny... EJ has the opposite persona with the polished, calm demeanor. JFF is more flashy and a me-guy... sometimes blue collar fan bases like Cleveland will turn on that IF he isn't winning. Edited by YoloinOhio

Not only do I think he will go that high, I think the Browns may trade up to 2 to get past the Jags. Not the best or worst place to be (Cleveland) because they have Josh Gordon already, who catches everything.

I think the Texans will be under considerable pressure to take him with the first pick, but I predict he goes to the Jags or someone who trades up to number 2.

, he sometimes appears incapable of the possible throw. He holds onto the ball for eternities. Goes through progressions slowly and instead of throwing a 10 yard pass that is opem, he tries to complete a 40 yard pass. By the time he throws it, the WRs have already completed their routes and he throws it up to a surprised WR who sometimes comes down with it,

We drafted that guy last year.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm smitten on Johnny. Maybe not a 15 years of domination type talent, but you can bet he'll have some great performances and set the league on fire his first season a la RG3.

He'll be a rookie of the year candidate (or maybe rookie of the year) and then it'll be a straight drop down. The guy has so much media attention and lacks the maturity to be able to deal with it and everything else that goes along with it. He will be Vince Young V2.0.

But hey, you'll get a year of "I TOLD YOU SO!" before the media circus that covers his self implosion feeds on him like a wake of vultures.

He'll be a rookie of the year candidate (or maybe rookie of the year) and then it'll be a straight drop down. The guy has so much media attention and lacks the maturity to be able to deal with it and everything else that goes along with it. He will be Vince Young V2.0.

But hey, you'll get a year of "I TOLD YOU SO!" before the media circus that covers his self implosion feeds on him like a wake of vultures.

It's true. With his style, it might caught the league off guard. Like Young, Vick, Flutie, and Tebow. But teams will game plan to keep him in the pocket and see if he can beat you from there. I don't think he can but it definitely will be interesting to see if an elf can be a legit NFL QB.

I'd love a year of success from the QB position. It'd be so worth it.

It's true. With his style, it might caught the league off guard. Like Young, Vick, Flutie, and Tebow. But teams will game plan to keep him in the pocket and see if he can beat you from there. I don't think he can but it definitely will be interesting to see if an elf can be a legit NFL QB.

I think he could start off well as defenses adjust.. not sure he'll make it the whole year though. I really have no clue what to expect. Depends what team he ends up on, for the most part.