Seneca Wallace

Akili Smith

Steve DeBerg

Trent Edwards

Any McCown

Chris Sims

Vince Young

Anyone but Johnny Football!

And I am being sarcastic. I would love this kid here. We need attitude on this team. I'm sick of namby, pamby nancy boys. Kiko has attitude!

Johnny has got the attitude you're looking for. It's just the NFL talent that he lacks.

Btw. Last I checked he and the other hobbits were still trying to deal with Smaug.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Keenum didn't play in the best conference in the country which is a pretty big difference. I am not a JFF fan but that rationale is pretty awful.

How in the world is that awful? How many star Oregon offensive players are lighting up the NFL? You're kidding yourself if you don't think a good system can make players look better than they truly are.

I always been a fan of College Qbs who had little talent to work with. JF has had 2 OTs that are going top 10. He had a 6'5" beast at wr. He had a great wr in Swope last year. He played in a great system. In short, he was in a great situation for a qb to succeed.

How in the world is that awful? How many star Oregon offensive players are lighting up the NFL? You're kidding yourself if you don't think a good system can make players look better than they truly are.

I always been a fan of College Qbs who had little talent to work with. JF has had 2 OTs that are going top 10. He had a 6'5" beast at wr. He had a great wr in Swope last year. He played in a great system. In short, he was in a great situation for a qb to succeed.

Can't the rationale be used to say that Matthews, Joeckel, and next year Ogbehui benefited from the system? Three players, same position. How many Oregon players were taken that high?

Can't the rationale be used to say that Matthews, Joeckel, and next year Ogbehui benefited from the system? Three players, same position. How many Oregon players were taken that high?

O line play isn't as subjective IMO. But you could be right. The spread lessens the burden on pass blocking.

My point is that college Qbs who play behind great olines & throw to blue chips Wrs are going to be in for a big wake up in the NFL. It's like AJ McCarron. A lot of Qbs would look good facing no pressure throwing to blue chips receivers. We'll see. And CLeveland, as messing as it's been, does have some good pieces for a young qb to be successful.

O line play isn't as subjective IMO. But you could be right. The spread lessens the burden on pass blocking.

My point is that college Qbs who play behind great olines & throw to blue chips Wrs are going to be in for a big wake up in the NFL. It's like AJ McCarron. A lot of Qbs would look good facing no pressure throwing to blue chips receivers. We'll see. And CLeveland, as messing as it's been, does have some good pieces for a young qb to be successful.

Have to disagree here.

The patterns run will alleviate the need for sustained pass blocking. However, the formation itself really isolates an OLine and makes it vulnerable on the edges. An OT is gonna be exposed quickly out of a spread formation. If he doesn't have good feet, it's all over.

GO BILLS!!!

Have to disagree here.

The patterns run will alleviate the need for sustained pass blocking. However, the formation itself really isolates an OLine and makes it vulnerable on the edges. An OT is gonna be exposed quickly out of a spread formation. If he doesn't have good feet, it's all over.

GO BILLS!!!

That's fair point. I just know teams originally went to spread if they didn't have a good oline.

Thus my point on JM stands. He plays with great talent. It's what happens to the USC & Alabama Qbs. I think he is better than anyone from those teams recently but I'm dubious.

That's fair point. I just know teams originally went to spread if they didn't have a good oline.

Thus my point on JM stands. He plays with great talent. It's what happens to the USC & Alabama Qbs. I think he is better than anyone from those teams recently but I'm dubious.

I agree that Manziel plays with good talent. But he made his name on the countless times his protection broke down and he ran around like Tarkenton until he could heave it up and make a play to a physically superior receiver. I'm not sure he's gonna have the same advantage in the NFL, either. He will have to learn to be a pocket passer, there is just no getting around that. If he has the intellect and work ethic a la Russell Wilson, he's got a good chance. If not, it'll be readily apparent. He's gonna struggle mightily initially. I'm interested in how he reacts to that adversity. I'm not sure he has the character of a Russell Wilson at this point.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree that Manziel plays with good talent. But he made his name on the countless times his protection broke down and he ran around like Tarkenton until he could heave it up and make a play to a physically superior receiver. I'm not sure he's gonna have the same advantage in the NFL, either. He will have to learn to be a pocket passer, there is just no getting around that. If he has the intellect and work ethic a la Russell Wilson, he's got a good chance. If not, it'll be readily apparent. He's gonna struggle mightily initially. I'm interested in how he reacts to that adversity. I'm not sure he has the character of a Russell Wilson at this point.

GO BILLS!!!

Great post. It's going to be interesting. I also think some teams like Cleveland & Houston have good talent so he won't have to carry a team right away.

GO BILLS!!!

what might be even worse for him than struggling out of the gate is if it works for a few weeks before coordinators catch up to him. instant success might give complacency. who knows though, and similar debates could be had for most athletes, his will just have millions more eyes hanging on every action.

Evans is a stud. After that you're looking at Kennedy and Walker who both had good years, not exactly blue-chip prospects.

For as good as some posters think Evans made Manziel look, you'd think more people would want the Bills to take him.

Evans is a stud. After that you're looking at Kennedy and Walker who both had good years, not exactly blue-chip prospects.

For as good as some posters think Evans made Manziel look, you'd think more people would want the Bills to take him.

Evans is big, but not very sudden (given my limited exposure to his play). it is much easier to 'win' those battles in college than in the NFL where the QB has 2-2.5 seconds to throw to someone who might not be open. Based only on what I've seen/read, I'd take Sammy Watkins or Kelvin Benjamin over Evans all day. I am not sure I'd take Evans in round 2 even.

Johnny Manziel comes up short of 6 feet at NFL combine

http://www.nfl.com/n...-at-nfl-combine

Mike & Mike were talking about this this morning, and had Polian on for a bit. Clearly, Brees and Wilson have alleviated some of the concern about guys around 6'. It sounds like the hand size is a bigger deal than the height, so that could hurt Bridgewater.

Ron Jaworski’s take on Johnny Manziel reveals oddities in pre-draft analysis process

“I’m a big believer in Nick Foles, but who knows? Manziel may fall. I’m not crazy about him, to be honest with you. I’ve only looked at five games. I wouldn’t take him in the first three rounds. That’s my opinion. It’s incomplete right now. But he has not done a whole lot to me.”