Johnny Manziel RULES!!! Declares for NFL draft

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Uh-oh....that didn't look good.

Looks real good now.

Also liked how Kirk Herbstreet said that Johny's OC said that he had the most football smarts he has ever coached and then his Head coach said he is the most competitive player he has ever been around. He still holds the ball loosely but that can be coached and I would much rather have him over Bridgewater and Boyd, Who reminds me of Arron Murry and a lesser Vick respectively.

I hope he doesn't come out this year so we can get two full years of EJ and if he doesn't progress we should do all we can to get Mr. Football in a Bills uniform.

One thing is for sure--Manziel is a great college QB. Doug Flutie, 2.0. Both have (had) plenty of arm strength. Great debate of the 2014 draft will be how high Manziel will be taken. Mariota will be no. 1. After that, it's anyone's guess. Murray will be lucky to be drafted, at this point. It will be very interesting. I can't remember a draft with so many good QB prospects. EJ might turn out fine, but we picked a lousy year to draft a QB.

One thing is for sure--Manziel is a great college QB. Doug Flutie, 2.0. Both have (had) plenty of arm strength. Great debate of the 2014 draft will be how high Manziel will be taken. Mariota will be no. 1. After that, it's anyone's guess. Murray will be lucky to be drafted, at this point. It will be very interesting. I can't remember a draft with so many good QB prospects. EJ might turn out fine, but we picked a lousy year to draft a QB.

Tell me about it.

I wish the Bills followed my plan of trading for Alex Smith and then Draft a QB this spring. I believe if we had Smith we would be undefeated and we could develop a QB behind him instead of forcing a raw guy in there.

On the bright side if EJ Flops we can get Christian Hackenberg of Penn st in 3 yrs :thumbsup: :thumbsup: love this Kid has all the talent and drive to be the next great (along with Johny of course)

Tell me about it.

I wish the Bills followed my plan of trading for Alex Smith and then Draft a QB this spring. I believe if we had Smith we would be undefeated and we could develop a QB behind him instead of forcing a raw guy in there.

On the bright side if EJ Flops we can get Christian Hackenberg of Penn st in 3 yrs :thumbsup: :thumbsup: love this Kid has all the talent and drive to be the next great (along with Johny of course)

Hey, I was on favor of that plan,too, but I am surprised how much the Chiefs had to give up to get Smith. Two 2's is an awful lot. I certainly would not want to give up Woods or Kiko for him. Don't forget, the Bills still need to draft a QB this year, just not in the first round.

Looks real good now.

Also liked how Kirk Herbstreet said that Johny's OC said that he had the most football smarts he has ever coached and then his Head coach said he is the most competitive player he has ever been around. He still holds the ball loosely but that can be coached and I would much rather have him over Bridgewater and Boyd, Who reminds me of Arron Murry and a lesser Vick respectively.

I hope he doesn't come out this year so we can get two full years of EJ and if he doesn't progress we should do all we can to get Mr. Football in a Bills uniform.

What? The Closet?

• 4 weeks later...

Man I love this guy, the perfect combination of Vick and Brees. Vick's making big plays out of nothing and Bree's production, accuracy, gameness and work ethic.

That first touchdown was a thing of beauty. He throws the occasional pick but who doesn't. I think in a few years when he physically matures he could be a solid 220 which would be perfect for his style of play.

Coach Sumlin says he is the hardest working most competitive player he has ever been around and that is something all the great ones have.

I really hope he is the 4rth QB taken overall and goes strait to us.

• 2 weeks later...

I really can't figure out if your judgement is that bad, or if you are a curse

please, one bad game and oh no he's done, you guys need to get friggin real. Johny will be fine, he had a hand injury which is kind of a big deal as a QB, WRs not getting open and then dropping easy passes, and constant pressure which makes all QBs terrible. it was just one of those games where everything went wrong, you know like EJs game against the Steelers.

There are no curses, Blake Bortles who is another one of my guys is doing quite well and will be one of the top QBs going into next year.

I must be missing something. While I havent seen a lot of Manziel, what I have seen has been unimpressive. I dont see him having much of a career in the NFL. Just not impressed with this kid.

yeah if just watched today, but if you watch the rest of his games the kid has been on fire even in the ones he lost to Alabama and Auburn. He is playing way better this than last year when he one the Heisman.

He may not be a good pro as you never really know about any player. He is a better prospect than Russell Wilson or Drew Brees when they came out, so he is definitely worth a shot, if he comes out.

He may be better off staying in so he can physically mature more and he will have better players around him as the other new kids develop. Then next year he can put on a real show to become the top pick as this year there is too much difference of opinions between Personnel guys if he is a first rounder or not.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

yeah if just watched today, but if you watch the rest of his games the kid has been on fire even in the ones he lost to Alabama and Auburn. He is playing way better this than last year when he one the Heisman.

He may not be a good pro as you never really know about any player. He is a better prospect than Russell Wilson or Drew Brees when they came out, so he is definitely worth a shot, if he comes out.

He may be better off staying in so he can physically mature more and he will have better players around him as the other new kids develop. Then next year he can put on a real show to become the top pick as this year there is too much difference of opinions between Personnel guys if he is a first rounder or not.

Well, I'm routing for the kid. The NFL could use some QB's. He'll be a blast to watch if he does excel at the next level, no doubt.

please, one bad game and oh no he's done, you guys need to get friggin real. Johny will be fine, he had a hand injury which is kind of a big deal as a QB, WRs not getting open and then dropping easy passes, and constant pressure which makes all QBs terrible. it was just one of those games where everything went wrong, you know like EJs game against the Steelers.

There are no curses, Blake Bortles who is another one of my guys is doing quite well and will be one of the top QBs going into next year.

The post I quoted was you saying he was about to win out and get the heisman. I'd say one day ruined that.... Though perhaps it was the couple losses and off field issues so more than one day.

Edited by NoSaint

Comments from my QB guy at DraftTek:

"he's a different style of QB and has a much higher ceiling. He's an incredible athletic talent, but he receives an enormous amount of help from playing behind elite tackles for two straight seasons, and having a player like Mike Evans, who will win any jump ball and may be the best in the NCAA at coming back for the ball. I think he has more arm talent as a whole than McCarron and Murray, but does not have that elite ability that warrants a first rounder (in my opinion). Plus, his scrambling ability is on another level, but how many plays has he made in college that would end in negative plays in the NFL? Ben Allbright, the best QB guy on twitter, hates Manziel as a talent, but also says that he has a ceiling of Rich Gannon. So if Manziel can develop correctly, that isn't a bad place to be."

Johnny Football will polarize early on like RG3 did. Ultimately, he could end up a Top 5 pick. I'm just good with having him hovering around the first round right now.

The post I quoted was you saying he was about to win out and get the heisman. I'd say one day ruined that.... Though perhaps it was the couple losses and off field issues so more than one day.

oh ...well that game probably ruined his Heisman, but it's not me it was LSU's defense that was his curse. The commentators said that A&M doesn't have a lot of upper classmen, which show as they were physically dominated.

Comments from my QB guy at DraftTek:

"he's a different style of QB and has a much higher ceiling. He's an incredible athletic talent, but he receives an enormous amount of help from playing behind elite tackles for two straight seasons, and having a player like Mike Evans, who will win any jump ball and may be the best in the NCAA at coming back for the ball. I think he has more arm talent as a whole than McCarron and Murray, but does not have that elite ability that warrants a first rounder (in my opinion). Plus, his scrambling ability is on another level, but how many plays has he made in college that would end in negative plays in the NFL? Ben Allbright, the best QB guy on twitter, hates Manziel as a talent, but also says that he has a ceiling of Rich Gannon. So if Manziel can develop correctly, that isn't a bad place to be."

Johnny Football will polarize early on like RG3 did. Ultimately, he could end up a Top 5 pick. I'm just good with having him hovering around the first round right now.

true.

I actually think he might stay in another year to get a higher draft status, improve his game and win a championship.