Johnny Manziel RULES!!! Declares for NFL draft

yeah Bridgewater and Boyd are gona suck too (Pachall will make a camp too, if it wasn't for rehab and broken arm he would have been the top prospect this year.)

We should take one every year till we get one right.

Are you officially in the camps of Tahj Boyd and Teddy "Mr. Athletic" Bridgewater? In your esteemed opinion, how will Manziel, Boyd and Bridgewater rank in terms of NFL success? The Dolphins should have picked a QB in the first couple of rounds, then.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty sure someone said that about Tom Brady too.

Just sayin

Two completely different situations

Just sayin

ummmmm, he broke Cam Newtons record for overall yards as a Freshman. He will be just fine.

Ummmm what does that have to do with being an NFL QB?

yeah Bridgewater and Boyd are gona suck too (Pachall will make a camp too, if it wasn't for rehab and broken arm he would have been the top prospect this year.)

We should take one every year till we get one right.

Yeah that's how you build a football team

Edited by Max997

BB unless this thing goes way south, I don't think qb is a position we will need to draft for 10 years.

Draft the biggest stud OL with that pick and build around what we got.

Manziel is the man, very impressive how he puts 30-40 spots on Bama, while teams like LSU/Florida and all struggle to score 10 points.

Whatever NFL team drafts him it will be fun to see how that plays out. Jax prob, I would love to see Manziel go to the Raiders though.

I hope EJ works but we have been down this road before, I'd hate to pass on a guy who is as dynamic as JM.

We do need OL but I think CB is a more pressing need considering our style of Defense.

Drew Brees 6'0 Russell Wilson 5'11 Johnny Football 6'1

He will get his shot in the NFL for sure. The 600 yard games vs Bama will get you looks.

Manziel is listed at 6'1 and 210 which means he is barely 6 ft if he even is and 190 at best. He is built like a kicker and just doesn't have the arm for the NFL IMO. He never seems to throw a spiral

You can't compare Manziel to Brees who is a pure pocket passer. I'm still not sold on Wilson but he has a much better arm then Manziel

You put way too much into player stats, probably one of those that said the Bills had one of the best offensive lines simply bc Fitz didn't get sacked a lot

What were Tim Couch's stats like in college?

Edited by Max997

You said that Bridgewater is athletic. He's not a runner at all.

I said that Manziel has a weak arm.

Dont think he has the size or the arm strength and the next spiral he throws will be his first. His entire game revolves around his feet not his arm

I don't want Manziel and don't think he'll be a success in the NFL, but are we talking about the same guy who threw 45 yards in the air (for only a 12 yard gain) while being chased and completely off-balance?

Manziel should stay in college as long as possible.

He may or may not be a good pro. But one thing i can guarantee is that at his size with his style, he will not last more then a few years. Manziel is not a Russell Wilson or a Drew Brees, two of the shorter QB's to have success in the NFL.

Also temper your view of Manziel that Bama D and in particular the secondary was no where near what it has been the past few years.

Great game and awesome to watch. To me the games yesterday between Bama and A&M is why College football is great. Tell me the last pro game which had the same type of entertaining style as that game?

I don't want Manziel and don't think he'll be a success in the NFL, but are we talking about the same guy who threw 45 yards in the air (for only a 12 yard gain) while being chased and completely off-balance?

Is blindly heaving a ball up for grabs really a skill the NFL is looking for? It wasn't even caught by the guy who was closest to the spot when he threw it; in fact that was one of the best efforts by a WR I've seen in a long time. Absent that effort, it's probably picked off.

And speaking of picks, is anyone mentioning the terrible one he threw in the EZ that cost a TD and the other bad throw that ended up as a pick-six?

Yes, Manziel is talented and exciting to watch but he was not that impressive yesterday. Add me to the group who thinks he will not make it as an NFL starter.

The specter of Johnny Manziel: http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/16/seahawks-49ers-peter-king-monday-morning-quarterback/6/

One scout at Manziel’s absolutely ridiculous game against Nick Saban’s Alabama defense Saturday told me Sunday: “It’s like [wrestler] Ric Flair once said: ‘You may not like this, but you better learn to love it.’ ‘’ Manziel put up 562 yards of total offense, treating the ‘Bama secondary like it was Montclair State’s (464 yards passing, 98 rushing). Manziel, in his third year of eligibility at Texas A&M, could declare for the 2014 draft if he wants to come out, which seems likely. (He can also stay in and play the 2014 college season, and 2015 as well.) But Manziel, to many teams right now, would be undraftable because they’re scared of his mood swings and off-field questions. But it only takes one team out of 32 to fall for him. And some team will, unless he self-destructs between today and draft day.

The MMQB’s Greg A. Bedard was in College Station Saturday, and he’ll report the Manziel story for us tomorrow. I can’t wait to read what he thinks of the kid, and what the pro football men in his rolodex think. As I said on NBC Sunday night, Browns assistant GM Ray Farmer scouted the game. Hmmmmmm. Johnny Dawg Pound!