Johnny Manziel RULES!!! Declares for NFL draft

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen him play a lot. He's very exciting to watch. He has a real presence to him. He loves the limelight and is not afraid to put the game on his shoulders. The Bills should have tanked to get this guy.

If I were the Bills' GM I would bring him in to compete with Manuel. That would double our chances of finally landing a franchise QB.

I disagree. In the right situation he certainly has the tools to excel. My worry is more about all the distraction and extra-curricular that comes with the Manziel package and there is no way he would be happy being in a small market IMO.

Plays hard partys hard.

When it comes down to Football he works hard and gets down to business. His coach said he is the hardest working and most competitive person he has ever been around. So not worried about off field stuff, he is a leader and players follow him and makes those around him better. If we get him we can't lose and this frriggin drought will be over.

Plays hard partys hard.

When it comes down to Football he works hard and gets down to business. His coach said he is the hardest working and most competitive person he has ever been around. So not worried about off field stuff, he is a leader and players follow him and makes those around him better. If we get him we can't lose and this frriggin drought will be over.

And we all know successful QBs are known for partying hard.

I've seen very little of Manziel but he seems like he's got certain gifts that make him very different from other QBs.

I previously described him as a 6'1" 200 pound, 20 year-old Flutie.

That was meant as a high compliment because I'm a huge Flutie fan.

I don't think he's even 6'. I did love Flutie but it took him a lot time to make it in the league. Also, much like Vick, teams did adjust to his style and he became very average. I could see JF having a few good games, Buffalo Barbarbian and ESPN going crazy, and then him completely fizzling out.

I've seen him play a lot. He's very exciting to watch. He has a real presence to him. He loves the limelight and is not afraid to put the game on his shoulders. The Bills should have tanked to get this guy.

If I were the Bills' GM I would bring him in to compete with Manuel. That would double our chances of finally landing a franchise QB.

:lol:

I don't think he's even 6'. I did love Flutie but it took him a lot time to make it in the league. Also, much like Vick, teams did adjust to his style and he became very average. I could see JF having a few good games, Buffalo Barbarbian and ESPN going crazy, and then him completely fizzling out.

i know hes another one of the guys (much like vick) that mike greenberg always talks about being surprised just how small he is. they have said several times on mike and mike that theres no way hes near his listed measurements. the combine should be interesting for seeing if thats accurate.

i know hes another one of the guys (much like vick) that mike greenberg always talks about being surprised just how small he is. they have said several times on mike and mike that theres no way hes near his listed measurements. the combine should be interesting for seeing if thats accurate.

Agreed and I definitely think he's fun to watch. I also think it's important to point out he's in an offense that made Case Keenum the all time leading passer in college. Keenum hardly light it up in the NFL on a good Texans offense.

Seriously, if Johnny becomes a good NFL QB, I will gladly eat a ton of crow. I just don't see it and he strikes me in the Cutler/ Jeff George mold of a pouter/ cry baby when things don't go his way. We'll see and it will be interesting.

And we all know successful QBs are known for partying hard.

I love how Herbstriet said he is the next "Brett Favre." Um... not even close to his size. But yes, he is a gamblin' gunslinger.

His arm isn't close to Farve's either. Favre would fire lazers into double and triple coverage. Johnny throws jump balls.

maybe they meant the drug addiction struggles, and texting debacles? (juuuust joking, as i said earlier, id love to eat crow on this)

maybe they meant the drug addiction struggles, and texting debacles? (juuuust joking, as i said earlier, id love to eat crow on this)

I think Farve's came after he was well established as a good QB right? Some people hate him but Farve is easily one of my favorite QBs ever. IMO, it's an insult to Farve to compare him to Johnny Football.

Which will be problematic when he plays at the Ralph during the winter months

CBF

Great point. Can you imagine Johnny Football throwing the ball like EJ did against the Jets in the Ralph? One thing no one can question is EJ's arm strength. It's too much sometimes.

I think Farve's came after he was well established as a good QB right? Some people hate him but Farve is easily one of my favorite QBs ever. IMO, it's an insult to Farve to compare him to Johnny Football.

From what I remember, Favre had drinking/partying issues as a rookie which led to him getting traded from ATL. The vicodin came later after he was established, as did the cheating, texting, etc. You can say they are both risk/reward types but saying he is the next Favre ... :thumbdown:

Great point. Can you imagine Johnny Football throwing the ball like EJ did against the Jets in the Ralph? One thing no one can question is EJ's arm strength. It's too much sometimes.

EJ has a cannon. JFF sometimes throws these loopy balls.... its like you cringe wondering what is going to happen. No thanks.

Will be crushed like a paper doll in the NFL. Everybody is big and fast. He is little and fast. And I don't think the players will like his additude.

Yep, those SEC defenders are small and slow. None of them could make it in the NFL. Very solid take.