Panthers fan analysis here

Happy Panther

Panthers fan here. PSL owner goes to every game. Here are my thoughts. And a picture from Sunday

1208786_10200936184860239_1621954638_n.jpg

And good luck Sunday.

1) Our defensive front is legit. Like best in the NFL legit. If we had a stud secondary we might have the best defense in the league. We have an OK secondary with some potential. IF you guys light up our defense I might by a Bills hat.

2) Our offensive line was supposed to stink but they did just fine on Sunday. Very few penalties and very few sacks.

3) Despite this our offense was anemic. 125 yards passing from our star QB and 7 points. It was a combination of very sloppy execution, conservative play-calling and probably coaching overall.

4) Our last 4 seasons have started 0-3, 0-5, 2-8, and 1-6. The fan base here is completely tired of having nothing to root for after the first week in October.

5) We consistently find a way to lose close games. We were playoff caliber last year and probably this year but something is obviously missing. Lots of losses by a touchdown or less.

6) Our head coach and offensive coach are probably on the hot-seat already and need a good game.

7) We have a great new GM from the Giants and will see how that pans out.

8) We have quite a few Buffalo transplants on Charlotte for whatever reason. IF you want to chime in on buffalo wings click here:

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/90527-in-honor-of-this-weeks-game-best-buffalo-wings-in-charlotte/

Be nice

Your fans have always been pretty good fans compared to some of the obnoxious ones so good luck.

I'll predict a 17-14 game one way or the other.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Panthers fan here. PSL owner goes to every game. Here are my thoughts. And a picture from Sunday

1208786_10200936184860239_1621954638_n.jpg

And good luck Sunday.

1) Our defensive front is legit. Like best in the NFL legit. If we had a stud secondary we might have the best defense in the league. We have an OK secondary with some potential. IF you guys light up our defense I might by a Bills hat.

2) Our offensive line was supposed to stink but they did just fine on Sunday. Very few penalties and very few sacks.

3) Despite this our offense was anemic. 125 yards passing from our star QB and 7 points. It was a combination of very sloppy execution, conservative play-calling and probably coaching overall.

4) Our last 4 seasons have started 0-3, 0-5, 2-8, and 1-6. The fan base here is completely tired of having nothing to root for after the first week in October.

5) We consistently find a way to lose close games. We were playoff caliber last year and probably this year but something is obviously missing. Lots of losses by a touchdown or less.

6) Our head coach and offensive coach are probably on the hot-seat already and need a good game.

7) We have a great new GM from the Giants and will see how that pans out.

8) We have quite a few Buffalo transplants on Charlotte for whatever reason. IF you want to chime in on buffalo wings click here:

http://www.carolinah...s-in-charlotte/

Be nice

Your fans have always been pretty good fans compared to some of the obnoxious ones so good luck.

I'll predict a 17-14 game one way or the other.

Welcome to the board.

Regarding the pic, THANKS. I like all 24 12 of them.

As to the game, I'll need to see how the week progresses, do a little more research, and get back to you on it. On the surface, your prediction seems well informed.

BTW, if you guys hadn't taken Keuchly, we would have snapped him up in a minute. The kid is a helluva ball player. But I don't have to tell you that.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Thanks for stopping by. I live in Durham but hear a good bit of Panther news as well; your assessment sounds pretty dead-on to me. I would think your D poses a significant challenge for a rookie QB; the Bills will have to open things up a bit more than they did in W1 because it's unlikely they'll have much success running the ball.

I feel like Rivera is probably coaching for his job over the next few weeks. Marrone doesn't have that pressure, but he wants to get W #1 out of the way too.

Be nice

Bills fans have absolutely no legitimate cause to be pricks to other fans. None, not with thirteen straight years of NFL irrelevance under our belts. However, if...IF the Bills ever make the playoffs again we'll take a back seat to no one in the douchey fan department. :nana:

Thanks for stopping by and I agree with almost all you've said, except the close score. I think a young Bills teams blew their load in coming up short against the Pats. Panthers by 10-14.

I think if the bills execute drives with creativity and aggressive play calling, we have a chance to do some damage to the panther's D. However if our offensive scheme looks anything like we played against the pats, we'll get shut down more often than not.

On the opposite side of the ball, I think the bills are prepared for the most part (holding pats to under 30 was an accomplishment in my book). HOWEVER we are not used to seeing the running QBs of the NFC, so this could be a tricky week for bills D.

I'm concerned about the panther's D, that's for sure.

As the OP said, front 7 is legit. Kuekle is amazing. His ability to read the QB is uncanny. I saw Star have a few good plays in the pre-season too. I think he's going to be a fantastic player.

If you ignore the QB and HC's, frankly I think Carolina is possibly a better team than NE. From a personnel standpoint. Its really pretty close actually but yes, I dont have a lot of confidence in Rivera. I'm not sold on Cam either. Great ability but he seems to lack some poise and confidence at times.

Should be a good game.

OP, I hope your Panthers play a GREAT game....in a losing cause ! LOL !

Please...NO INJURIES on EITHER team.

EDIT: If I'm reading the link right it looks like Carolina is a 5 point favorite at the moment.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

Edited by jaybee

Thanks for stopping by. I live in Durham but hear a good bit of Panther news as well; your assessment sounds pretty dead-on to me. I would think your D poses a significant challenge for a rookie QB; the Bills will have to open things up a bit more than they did in W1 because it's unlikely they'll have much success running the ball.

I feel like Rivera is probably coaching for his job over the next few weeks. Marrone doesn't have that pressure, but he wants to get W #1 out of the way too.

I live in Ralegh, lots of NY transplants in general in NC.

Thanks for dropping by. I always enjoy some fan-insight.

That said, your assessment of your team's DLine seems unreasonably optimistic.

With that kind of talent in your front 7, I'm curious what has been the deciding factor in losses.

Do you have ****ty special teams?

Does Cam make bad throws?

Is there one area in which your defense is particularly vulnerable?

Welcome to the board.

BTW, if you guys hadn't taken Keuchly, we would have snapped him up in a minute. The kid is a helluva ball player. But I don't have to tell you that.

GO BILLS!!!

We got the poor man's Kuechly this year, in the second round.

Welcome to the board.

Regarding the pic, THANKS. I like all 24 12 of them.

GO BILLS!!!

I saw what you did there. You Rascal !!

Thanks for dropping by. I always enjoy some fan-insight.

That said, your assessment of your team's DLine seems unreasonably optimistic.

Uh, BigCat, did you happen to see the preseason game of Panthers v. Ravens? Week 3, which is the most significant. I watched it because we play both teams in the first 4 weeks.

The Panthers D-line plus Kuechly (dont know about the OLBs) was the most memorable thing from the game.

Even one of the homer commentators mentioned that the Panthers are trying to do what the Ravens did, to keep Ray-Ray clean. Panthers did draft a DT with each of their first two picks this year.

So far, so good.

----

That said, Bills 31, Panthers 23. Both teams score 5 times, but we get more TDs. Better QB.

Edited by maddenboy

The Panthers front 7 is very impressive. Both Charles Johnson and Greg Hardy have Pro Bowl-level talent. Star Lotulelei clearly gave the run defense a jolt against the Seahawks. The linebackers are a solid group obviously headlined by Keuchly, but Jon Beason and Thomas Davis are no pushovers either. Physical front 7. This is going to make the pace that the Bills run their offense all the more important. You have to wear out these front 7 starters on Carolina as much as possible, because I do think depth beyond the starters is a question mark for them. If I'm the Buffalo coaching staff, I'm stressing pace as much as possible this week. Good luck, and thanks for the Panther insight!

The Panthers front 7 is very impressive. Both Charles Johnson and Greg Hardy have Pro Bowl-level talent. Star Lotulelei clearly gave the run defense a jolt against the Seahawks. The linebackers are a solid group obviously headlined by Keuchly, but Jon Beason and Thomas Davis are no pushovers either. Physical front 7. This is going to make the pace that the Bills run their offense all the more important. You have to wear out these front 7 starters on Carolina as much as possible, because I do think depth beyond the starters is a question mark for them. If I'm the Buffalo coaching staff, I'm stressing pace as much as possible this week. Good luck, and thanks for the Panther insight!

How best? Run directly at them? Wear them down with a fullback? Run screens to make them have to chase?

I'm in though.

I know nothing of the Panthers other than Cam Newton is QB and that the D is good, so thanks for some insight. i think this will be a close game, as you said. I am hoping that EJ turns out to be a Cam Newton caliber player. We will have a little advantage with it being in Buffalo as it caused problems for Brady at times (fumble at the 1, for example). You should come up for the game, this is a great time of year to attend a Bills game in Buffalo.

It will be an interesting game for sure. Our front seven has three new faces this year in hughes, lawson and kiko and I liked what I saw from all of them against NE.

Both teams have athletic smart fast black dudes at QB that can sling it or tuck it and run if you dont leave a spy home to cover them. I think you'll see a lot of throwing on both sides of the ball. The way you beat a stout front seven is to bring on 4 wideouts and force the LB's to cover the back or TE. Air it out baby !

The funny thing is if Luck had opted to go pro his junior year, he'd be a panther and Cam would likely be a Bill.