Conerbacks that the Bills should go after

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Winfield at this point in his career is going try and latch onto a playoff team. Reason why he went to Seattle in hopes of chasing a super bowl ring. Unless there is absolutely no interest I have hard time believing he would sign with Buffalo.

Unless we can get Winfield in a trade. Last I heard, he wasn't cut and hawks were shopping him.

Hack daddy?

Anyway, I can't see too many teams willing to trade a starting CB for a starting safety for the very reasons you point out.

GO BILLS!!!

Forgive my dry humor, I believe I had been up for just over 32 hours as I have kids and work 7 nights a week...on to my point...

Yes, trade a guy who doesn't want to be here (although I don't believe he came right out and publicly stated it) to a team for their CB#2... I realize that teams won't trade for a CB#1. CB#2 can start in place of Gilmore until he returns. When he does return we would have a good tandem of CB's on the field. As I believe it would be easier to find a FS from our roster than it obviously is finding good CB's. Might not be the perfect scenario but then again neither is picking up somebody else's castoff. why should we be under the belief that somebody else's roster cut would come to Buffalo and all of a sudden play better for us.

Again, might not be a perfect scenario. But I believe it would be an upgrade of anything else right now.

Forgive my dry humor, I believe I had been up for just over 32 hours as I have kids and work 7 nights a week...on to my point...

Yes, trade a guy who doesn't want to be here (although I don't believe he came right out and publicly stated it) to a team for their CB#2... I realize that teams won't trade for a CB#1. CB#2 can start in place of Gilmore until he returns. When he does return we would have a good tandem of CB's on the field. As I believe it would be easier to find a FS from our roster than it obviously is finding good CB's. Might not be the perfect scenario but then again neither is picking up somebody else's castoff. why should we be under the belief that somebody else's roster cut would come to Buffalo and all of a sudden play better for us.

Again, might not be a perfect scenario. But I believe it would be an upgrade of anything else right now.

It's all good, my good man. And you have my full sympathy as a parent.

And I share your concern about the CB position.

GO BILLS!!!

When can we expect a flurry of signing activity?

Let me help you out here. Once we sign anyone it is going to be:

"What is this guy going to do for us in 1 week?"

"Why didn't Marrone get _____ when he was available as a FA!"

"We were how much under the cap and we are dumpster diving right now?!"

"Beerball"

Let me help you out here. Once we sign anyone it is going to be:

"What is this guy going to do for us in 1 week?"

"Why didn't Marrone get _____ when he was available as a FA!"

"We were how much under the cap and we are dumpster diving right now?!"

"Beerball"

But when should I expect to enjoy such astute reactions? I know we're able to sign people now...but I'm growing impatient.

According to Pete Carroll Winfield has retired.

Yeah I heard that as well.