Browns Release David Nelson and Naaman Roosevelt

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills did the wise thing. I think they had legitimate concerns about his health and ability to be the same player again.

He wasn't a speed merchant to begin with and may not be 100% recovered from the knee injury. Hope he makes it back to the NFL.

Donald Jones and David Nelson folks. Chan was a genius for getting as much as he did out of them.

Chan always could coach offense. It's the rest of what you need to do as a head coach that he failed at.

Edited by vincec

I always loved David Nelson as a player, guy reminded me of a Joe Jurevicius type possession receiver not a dynamic type but a reliable guy that can make a lot of grabs to keep drives moving and alive. Sad to see he is kind of a marginal NFL player after that knee injury. Hopefully he lands somewhere or maybe he just takes a year to rehab his knee and try and catch on with a team next year.

Donald Jones and David Nelson folks. Chan was a genius for getting as much as he did out of them.

Chan's ability as an offensive coach is truly underappreciated. He simply had the wrong job here.

As for Jones and Nelson........Jones had to go due to the kidney problem and I was very critical of the release of Nelson because of the the relative low cost to retain him and lack of any receivers on the roster........but the Bills addressed that when they used their second and third round picks to replace them on the depth chart.

Unfortunately they only had their regular amount of draft picks and they had a lousy offseason up unitl draft day and there were just too many holes to fill at that point.

Going to need some extraordinary play from EJ this year.

Once we see a few games, it will show Marrone and Whaley knew what they were doing when our three released WR are now cut somewhere else, and we see effective play from Stevie, Woods, and Goodwin. I agree I'm not sold on TJ other than special teams for his speed. I like Easely more, and looks from these cuts yesterday he made the team. I hope so as I think he could have a good year for a back up.

I always loved David Nelson as a player, guy reminded me of a Joe Jurevicius type possession receiver not a dynamic type but a reliable guy that can make a lot of grabs to keep drives moving and alive. Sad to see he is kind of a marginal NFL player after that knee injury. Hopefully he lands somewhere or maybe he just takes a year to rehab his knee and try and catch on with a team next year.

No he was a margainal NFL player before the injury.