+11.5 Thoughts

[/size]

I don't know what training camp reports you've been reading but just about all of the ones I've read repeatedly stated that Tuel struggled and was the worst QB in camp day after day. He had a couple of nice pre-season games (and a bad one) but that's no reason to suddenly think an undrafted FA who struggles in practice is suddenly going to be good enough to beat the Pats in a real game.

Yup. I think part of it is just human nature. Wanting to see a "cinderella story". Routing for the underdog so to speak. The media to some extent has been playing it up as a Cinderella story as well.

If Jeff does start I think the affection will die off fairly quickly. Obviously I hope I'm wrong on that. Other than inconsistent play in the pre-season he really hasn't shown all that much though.

And...the poster here that keeps saying Jeff's not afraid to go down field..........unlike EJ . I'm pretty sure thats the OC calling the shots, not the QB.

ps.....I'm thinking the line will drop 2 1/2 if EJ is announced as the starter. If its much more than that it may even end up being a no line game (if Marrone keeps up the tap-dancing) but I doubt that'll happen.

Edited by jaybee

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

Why are you all so down on Tuel? For most of the offseason he has looked like the best QB on the team.

I realize that aint saying much. But 2 things: (1) The best thing about a new coach, and not an NFL retread, is that he hasnt learned to fear the Patriots. (2) Tuel is a gamer. And he likes to look Downfield first, and take the checkdown only if he really has to. Since the Patriots dont have much of a secondary, I'm predicting:

Bills 31, NE 28.

Tuel in the preseason will look much diff when you have a prepared nfl defense disguising blitzes and making his life a living hell. My prediction, we run the ball a ton and go lots of 3 and outs.

And it's not just Tuel, I fear Ej will have similar issues in the regular season. Nfl rookie qbs (although lately have) do not typically play well their rookie season

Funny how many have layed the crucial factor as being Tuel.

Fitzpatrick won games off smart play calling and his quick reads. When he started making mistakes he really made em'. But he , at one period could keep the team in the game regardless of playing Pats or whomever.

The defense has lost us many game the last couple 3 years. We have no secondary we can even have an educated opinion about . We are not sure who they are yet much less played together developing good communication skills and comfort level.

When we gett our asses handed to us , and we will, it will be because Brady and his evil stepdad took us apart with their offense.

MDH you said Tuel was the worst quarterback in Camp. No one ever stated that. ever.

pile on anyone ? Jeff has played fairly well and made few mistakes. and he could keep us in the game , until we are playing from behind and desperate. If he looks bad thats why he will . Put in a bad situation.

Another major worry is the offensive line , for me at least > one injury during the game and we are screwed .

Tuel is the least of my worries actually.

And being the Homer : ) i will take the underdogs for 20 johnny at 11.5

if we get blown out on defense there is no way in heck this offense score 31 points. and i would bet the house on that one.

it is the defenses game to win

Go Bills

Edited by 3rdand12

Lol. You seem to have a thing for qbs that "like to look downfield first". How is that even a good gauge of success at the nfl level. Jp liked to look downfield first for instance. I ve heard he threw a pretty deep ball too. But he is not even in the nfl now.

(PrissyTheCat? By any chance did you go to Traditional? Its a longshot, I know, but if you are who I think you are . . . then you will know the names Tedso, Boil, Zebe, and Puh)

And yes, in today's NFL, I certainly do want a QB who looks, and goes, downfield.

In the old days people said "if you go downfield, 3 things can happen, and two of them are bad."

Nowadays, with the rules favoring offense, I think its "3 things can happen, and two of them are good." And if the 3rd one happens, its just like a punt anyway.

Edited by maddenboy

Hello Bills Nation,

I was looking around at some NFL lines for week one and I couldn't help but notice the Bills are one of the biggest underdogs in Week 1.

As of current the Bills are getting 11.5 points.

I know the Pats should win the division and I know we should be huge underdogs. However, I figured because we are at home and we are still in Week 1 and figuring things out I thought the spread would be around 7.5 to 8.5.

I also think the QB situation (and the media drawing attention to it) has moved us into a bigger underdog position.

So what do you think? Is this line a little large or am I just a die hard homer?

take the pats

Hello Bills Nation,

I was looking around at some NFL lines for week one and I couldn't help but notice the Bills are one of the biggest underdogs in Week 1.

As of current the Bills are getting 11.5 points.

I know the Pats should win the division and I know we should be huge underdogs. However, I figured because we are at home and we are still in Week 1 and figuring things out I thought the spread would be around 7.5 to 8.5.

I also think the QB situation (and the media drawing attention to it) has moved us into a bigger underdog position.

So what do you think? Is this line a little large or am I just a die hard homer?

I think 11.5 is quite conservative.

My prediction:

EJ plays.

New England was 25th in total defense last year

Brady never struggles because of DB play, but only when the line gets pressure on him.

We will be rushing Carrington, Mario, Dareus, and Kyle.

We can run the ball pretty well.

We are playing at home.

Bellichick picks apart against teams he knows and has a clear gameplan for. He doesn't do as well with surprises (beaten by the Wildcat, etc).

In the last 12 years of games against the Pats (lots and lots of losses) we are 2-22 with a lot of blowouts of huge proportions, although we were outscored by 11.5 or more points exactly half of the time, and kept it closer than that the other 12 times.

I don't think there is any smart money on this line, but my pretend money is on the Bills to cover.

I suppose since I'll be working this Sunday, I should be relieved not to be watching this contest... But as has been the case, since about 1968, (I'm 57) I'll be driving myself nuts to hear updates on the game.. Go Bills!!!!

Well old timer, the game is next Sunday and you will unfortunately have to watch ;)... We're going to put on a good show for the home crowd... you just watch...

Very hard to take the points considering whats been going on in Bills nation.... The big boys in Vegas are going to lay the wood on Brady... I expect that line to move north of 11.5 graduallly up until gametime.

If nothing goes wrong on the Patsoes home front, I wouldn't be shocked to see -13.5 or more by next Sunday.