david carr

finhater

If he gets cut by the giants seeing they have nassib now as well .wouldn't he be a better backup or possible starter than what's currently available . Ej is definitely the starter when healthy and tuel might be a decent backup but I think carr would hold the fort down for a better stretch

What happens if the Giants try and put Nassib on the Practice Squad

He will still be there. Highly doubt he would be brought in on such a limited role. Including the fact he would have be part of the 53 man roster so someone else would need to go. Don't think they want to set the roster only to shake it up again that close to the start of the season. He wouldn't be starting week 1 even if he was brought in.

Edited by The Wiz

Overall, odds are David Carr will still be on the Giants 53-man roster.

Matt Leinart is still a legitimate pickup. He probably won't see the field at all, but he will be a great influence on Manuel and Tuel.

I get he wasn't the best pro QB, is a career nomad and is a "first round bust." But with Kolb likely done for the year, having a guy of his caliber on this team with two rookie QB's is essential.

Consider him a teacher/coach and a decent backup.

Overall, Leinart has been involved in a pro-style offense for almost half his life.

Go Bills!

Tuel needs to manage and the RBs need to come up big.

The pressure D need to knock Brady on his can early and often.

THEIR ARE NO AVAILABLE QBs NOW THAT GIVE US A BETTER CHANCE TO WIN THEN THE GUY THAT HAS BEEN AT EVERY PRACTICE THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lineart is actually better than many seem to realize. In Arizona he was in a difficult situation with Kurt Warner. He starts his rookie and 2 nd year...but he is still learning. Warner then takes the job the next 2 yrs. Since then he hasn't gotten a decent shot.

He had a shot in Houston when Schaub went down...in his first game he is injured...and done for the season.

Lineart is actually better than many seem to realize. In Arizona he was in a difficult situation with Kurt Warner. He starts his rookie and 2 nd year...but he is still learning. Warner then takes the job the next 2 yrs. Since then he hasn't gotten a decent shot.

He had a shot in Houston when Schaub went down...in his first game he is injured...and done for the season.

True.

Yeah I was actually ok with Leinart being a Bill.

And are we really reaching for David Carr?

ya never know. With the right coaches ... its all about the environment and the teams immediate needs. Some kids dont get the chance to develop or worse yet dont fit the need and become semi broken toys.

Leinhart no idea. but i hope we can get some security vet presence if Kolb decides its over. darn shame about him really.

waiting on a EJ

What happens if the Giants try and put Nassib on the Practice Squad
Uhh, they won't? He'd get picked up on waivers. The Giants would have then wasted a mid-round draft pick.Where do people come up with this stuff? Edited by ny33

If he gets cut by the giants seeing they have nassib now as well .wouldn't he be a better backup or possible starter than what's currently available . Ej is definitely the starter when healthy and tuel might be a decent backup but I think carr would hold the fort down for a better stretch

probably, but maybe they cut Nassib instead and then we could have another QB who knows the offense.

Overall, odds are David Carr will still be on the Giants 53-man roster.

Matt Leinart is still a legitimate pickup. He probably won't see the field at all, but he will be a great influence on Manuel and Tuel.

I get he wasn't the best pro QB, is a career nomad and is a "first round bust." But with Kolb likely done for the year, having a guy of his caliber on this team with two rookie QB's is essential.

Consider him a teacher/coach and a decent backup.

Overall, Leinart has been involved in a pro-style offense for almost half his life.

Go Bills!

Yes.....This. Well put KollegeStudent.

BigPappy

Edited by BigPappy

The alternate view is that he was cocky and ill-prepared and when he finally got his shot, he looked horrendous. if I recall, he also challeged Trent Edwards for the title of "captain check down."

Maybe he's changed, who knows?