The Bills will sign another CB

The amount of hysteria on these forums is simply astounding. Yeah it's a depressing day but it really could be worse. Yes, losing Gilmore hurts but he WILL be back this season. We're still uncertain on the status of EJ but we're a LONG way from proclaiming the season being over. I'd like to remind everyone that several years ago the Patriots lost Tom Brady and still managed to go 11-5. Every team has injuries, what's important is how they respond.

With that said, final cuts aren't until the 31st. There will undoubtedly be a veteran CB cut. Every year there are a dozen players cut and everyone goes "OMG "insert name" got cut".

So we may lose the opener, hell we may get pounded but that's still only one game. The NFL is about quarters. Take the season in 4 game chunks and lets see where we are.

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills will most definitely find a decent CB to help out post-cuts. Lets remember we picked up Urbik after the final cuts and he's been a staple on our O-Line ever since.

We'll find a way to adapt. Looks bleak now Bills fans but have faith.

+1

I guess Cedric Griffin is ok.

The good news (obviously not for them) is there are going to be over 600 guys cut in the next fees weeks. Surely there is one serviceable CB in there?

I guess Cedric Griffin is ok.

The good news (obviously not for them) is there are going to be over 600 guys cut in the next fees weeks. Surely there is one serviceable CB in there?

Griffin was recently arrested for DWI. If he is deemed competent by the Bills, he still faces suspension from the NFL.

I'd like to remind everyone that several years ago the Patriots lost Tom Brady and still managed to go 11-5....

I'm not debating the message you're trying to send. I buy it. I do find it funny, however, that you use a perennial Super Bowl contender as an example and, while their record that year was impressive, fail to note it was also the only year since 2001 - 2002 that they didn't make the playoffs... DOOOOOMED!!!

I'm not debating the message you're trying to send. I buy it. I do find it funny, however, that you use a perennial Super Bowl contender as an example and, while their record that year was impressive, fail to note it was also the only year since 2001 - 2002 that they didn't make the playoffs... DOOOOOMED!!!

Well, I forget the year now but Trent Green got injured for the St. Louis Rams. In came Kurt Warner. Just sayin ! LOL !!

Mike in Syracuse....you sir, are on a roll. Nice post there.

The amount of hysteria on these forums is simply astounding. Yeah it's a depressing day but it really could be worse. Yes, losing Gilmore hurts but he WILL be back this season. We're still uncertain on the status of EJ but we're a LONG way from proclaiming the season being over. I'd like to remind everyone that several years ago the Patriots lost Tom Brady and still managed to go 11-5. Every team has injuries, what's important is how they respond.

With that said, final cuts aren't until the 31st. There will undoubtedly be a veteran CB cut. Every year there are a dozen players cut and everyone goes "OMG "insert name" got cut".

So we may lose the opener, hell we may get pounded but that's still only one game. The NFL is about quarters. Take the season in 4 game chunks and lets see where we are.

LOL. Yes, losing the only NFL caliber CB on the roster is no big deal. I'm sure the franchise has been hoarding all that cap space for just such an emergency, and will now put it to use. Just like they always do, right? It's only half the season Gillmore's out, they won't even miss him as long as teams focus on attacking the porous run defense rather than exploiting their derp tier DB's.

The silver lining could be that, depending on what CB they can pick up in the last round of cuts, that guy replaces Gilmore but then when Gilmore comes back, has shown to be better than McKelvin and we have a new #2 :) They have the cap space to pull it off.

This is how I've come to think about this situation. Or perhaps, how I've forced myself to think.

i thought most here didn't expect them to make the playoffs, and had written this season off as a rebuild anyway?

I think that as long as EJ plays, they will have a chance to win games (and I expect him to start in the opener).

LOL. Yes, losing the only NFL caliber CB on the roster is no big deal. I'm sure the franchise has been hoarding all that cap space for just such an emergency, and will now put it to use. Just like they always do, right? It's only half the season Gillmore's out, they won't even miss him as long as teams focus on attacking the porous run defense rather than exploiting their derp tier DB's.

Did you think they were gonna challenge to win the Super Bowl, but now they are out of it?

Well, I forget the year now but Trent Green got injured for the St. Louis Rams. In came Kurt Warner. Just sayin ! LOL !!

Mike in Syracuse....you sir, are on a roll. Nice post there.

Of course Trent Green was lost for the entire season.