If you were Belicheat, how would you prepare?

snydert317

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the most important variable Belicheat is considering is the experience level of the QB he is facing (plus the youth surrounding him, esp. at WR). So in some respects, he might not change that much.

Just a hunch.

Probably the most important variable Belicheat is considering is the experience level of the QB he is facing (plus the youth surrounding him, esp. at WR). So in some respects, he might not change that much.

Just a hunch.

I agree with this. He will probably prep for a rookie QB and if it ends up being Tuel he gets a bonus of going up against a less talented rookie QB.

While we secretly wish he and the rest of the team are looking past the Bills to the Jets, just 4 days later ;)

Edited by CodeMonkey

Excellent question. I think the Pats are focusing more on the Bills defense because the hole that was exploited last year by their two TE set has been marginalized to a degree because Gronk is injured, Hernandez is gone and the Bills linebackers are now a lot faster.

You just hope they can shut down the run.

Brady and the Pats offense is what stirs their drink. Their defense is ordinary. Whether it's Tuel or Manuel behind center, the Bills *can* score on that defense.

Neither has ever taken a snap in a real pro game before so I'm guessing the prep isn't going to be dramatically different.

Take away Spiller, pinch the short slants and give him confusing coverages in obvious passing downs.

I would sit back and order a hot dog, a Dr. Pepper and some Chili Nachos while letting my underlings call the plays.

I mean really? With the hot mess we have become in the last few days do you think Billy B will even seriously game plan? They are thinking week 2 already

If I were them I would go slow down, run the ball smash mouth foot ball with a bit of playaction thrown in. Keep you D off the field and let the rookies make early mistakes or go 3 and out. Then go fast after 1/2 time to crush any resistance and run up the points. As long as our QB's start slowly (which is likely, IMO) Bills 17 Pats* 40 or something would be expected. God, that is depressing.

I would sit back and order a hot dog, a Dr. Pepper and some Chili Nachos while letting my underlings call the plays.

I mean really? With the hot mess we have become in the last few days do you think Billy B will even seriously game plan? They are thinking week 2 already

This. Is simply not true.

This isn't the University of Florida opening up the season with Roast Beef Tech before they go into SEC play. This is the NFL. NO coaches "look ahead to the next week". They cannot afford to. And if they did, their teams would get smoked. Grow up, Peter Pan.

He will bring lots of pressure on Tuel and force him to make throws into coverage. Hopefully, our new WR's can get open in a hurry.

+1. That's why if I'm Hackett and Marrone, I'm coming out in a 4 receiver set with Goodwin and Graham outside Woods and Stevie inside. One back set with Spiller and throw lots of deep balls to Goodwin/Graham, to keep safeties out box, and run draws to CJ. If they sent backers, hit Stevie and Woods with slants. Tuel will have to guard against batted balls because the Redskins exposed this.