Bills plan for Tuel as week 1 starter

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's all take a deep breath. Right now, the team has to prepare Tuel to start if they don't know that EJ will be back in time.

Things will be clearer in a week or so...worst case is that Tuel has to play and gets beat up...it's only one game.

Exactly. It would have been tough to beat NE no matter who was starting, this doesn't make it any different. Probably would have been starting the season 0-1 anyway. We're not going anywhere this season and a loss to the Pats* is nothing new. EJ will start as soon as he's healthy.

Time to exorcize the demons! Once upon a time an unknown QB named Hostetler defeated a high octane Bills offense led by Jim Kelly in the biggest game of them all. What was that QB's first name? Jeff. What's Tuels' first name? Jeff. Who was standing on the Giants' sideline that day? Bill Belichick. Who will be on the opposition's sidelines when the Bills face the Pats* in the opener? Bill Belichick. Time to return the favor.

Yeah, I'm grasping at straws.

I'm going on record in saying Marrone's statement is all smoke and mirrors. What do we have to gain by telegraphing whom will be the starter come opening day? Why say anything at all? Unless your intent is to hoodwink someone, I don't see how we benefit from spilling the beans.

Edited by NoJustice

Marrone says Bills are planning for Tuel to start. That doesn't mean that he will start, never mind the fact that Marrone is all about misinformation on this topic.

This.

I'm not even saying it's a ruse. He's planning...what else would you have him do? He answered the question perfectly.

Exactly.

Edited by BobChalmers

So... What happens if he goes for over 300 yards, 3 TD's 1 or no picks and we beat the Pats?

BOOM! Goes TBD LMAO!!

This honestly has to be Marrone and company's greatest fear. If he goes in and somehow tears it up and beats NE... We now have a legit QB contriversy AND you can NOT put EJ in. You can't. Football 101 is go with the hot hand.

This could get interesting lol

Well then... We can wait and find out.

He is the best option we have until Manuel comes back. If im wrong, someone give me the name of the QB we can play week 1 ( If Manuel is not back by week 1)

In the game with the colts, he looked really good.

You actually think he'll see anything so completely vanilla when the games begin to count? He'll be exposed as a QB who's simply not ready and it will not be pretty!

If Tuel starts and we get destroyed, what difference does it make if he loses the game by 30 or 3? A loss is a loss is a loss and nobody expects an UDFA Rookie QB to beat the juggernaut that is the New England Patriots.

If he loses the game, we move on and hope EJ is ready by Week 2.

But...if he wins the game? That my friends is a franchise changer.

Odds are it won't happen, but the pressure isn't on Tuel's shoulders since everyone already expects him to fail in this game.

Everyone except Tuel that is.

So... What happens if he goes for over 300 yards, 3 TD's 1 or no picks and we beat the Pats?

BOOM! Goes TBD LMAO!!

This honestly has to be Marrone and company's greatest fear. If he goes in and somehow tears it up and beats NE... We now have a legit QB contriversy AND you can NOT put EJ in. You can't. Football 101 is go with the hot hand.

This could get interesting lol

yeah, they'd hate that

When we drafted EJ, I was hoping that Kolb would do well during camp & preseason and be our opening day starter. And then we could work EJ in when he was fully ready.

Now I'm praying for EJ's knee and really hoping I see him under center against the Pats.

It's curious that Tuel, an UDFA, may be the only rookie QB starting when the 2013 season commences. Football, like life, is so unpredictable.

Edited by hondo in seattle

I believe we'll learn a lot about who's starting the opener on Thursday night. Would the Bills risk Tuel getting injured by playing him more than one series in the ever so meaningless 4th preseason game? If they do use him for a half or so I believe EJ will get the nod against NE.