Gilmores injury: out 6 to 8 weeks

mrags

I agree with Gilmore being the most indispensable player on our D (as the roster currently stands), but I think if Pettine dials back the blitzes, it may just exacerbate the problem.

It might. The skins killed us on some blitzes the other day.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we just forfeit the 4th preseason game. we literally can't afford to lose anyone else.

This is on the coaches, esp the rookie HC. Inexperience evaluating the overall talent as a Head Coach and playing previous starters for extended snaps of the ball because the new staff is not familiar with the talent of the team they inherited. Gillmore should have had one series....tops and then benched for the rest of the game. The sum of all the parts of the Bills Organization, is green, green, green; from CEO Russ Bradon to GM Doug Whaley to Head Coach Doug Marrone. The question going forward is, will all these components mature and blend in to make this a competent football organization

Can we just forfeit the 4th preseason game. we literally can't afford to lose anyone else.

They could by just by Kneeling down. Anyways, even without kneeling they got ZERO first downs in 7 drives last Saturday!

This is on the coaches, esp the rookie HC. Inexperience evaluating the overall talent as a Head Coach and playing previous starters for extended snaps of the ball because the new staff is not familiar with the talent of the team they inherited. Gillmore should have had one series....tops and then benched for the rest of the game. The sum of all the parts of the Bills Organization, is green, green, green; from CEO Russ Bradon to GM Doug Whaley to Head Coach Doug Marrone. The question going forward is, will all these components mature and blend in to make this a competent football organization

This is just wrong. They are implementing a new D scheme and you can't go into the season with your starters only having played a few series together in the new scheme. NO coach would do that.

I know fans want someone to blame but the bottom line is that football is a violent game and players get hurt.

This is just wrong. They are implementing a new D scheme and you can't go into the season with your starters only having played a few series together in the new scheme. NO coach would do that.

I know fans want someone to blame but the bottom line is that football is a violent game and players get hurt.

Completely agree...Every Brady is playing in the preseason and almost got injured. That did not stop BB from starting him in week 3.

So if it is 6 weeks....so we can maybe expect him back by game 5.... Not terrible....

That is what Marrone indicated by not putting him on ST IR. He wanted to make sure he could get on the field ASAP. Would not be surprised if he misses 4 games and is back early Oct.

My guess: 8 weeks is probably if Gilmore has a setback. I think he'll be back within 4-6 weeks. Two of those weeks are preseason still as I think the surgery has already been done.

So, Gilmore is likely out for the first 3-4 games. Sucks but that's where we're at now. Unless EJ plays out of his mind, 2-2 would be a blessing before Gilmore comes back.

Edited by Bangarang

That is what Marrone indicated by not putting him on ST IR. He wanted to make sure he could get on the field ASAP. Would not be surprised if he misses 4 games and is back early Oct.

that'd be nice...really need him for that Cincinnati game vs. AJ Green

We shoulda shot Billy Buffalo from a moving train when we had the chance.

we did. thats the problem .

cursed ? oh hell yes.

But Doug is ready for the adversity (demons ).

This has really gotta put a damper on Pettine. But all the better for him to prove Ryan was not running the show or..

Mike can stand on his own and succeed . Damnable good test of character for him. looking forward to the Pats more than ever actually. high drama for me.

Tuel and no Gilmore. gosh bless the Bills fan

ps Nathaniel too !

Edited by 3rdand12

we did. thats the problem .

cursed ? oh hell yes.

But Doug is ready for the adversity (demons ).

This has really gotta put a damper on Pettine. But all the better for him to prove Ryan was not running the show or..

It is going to be a tough challenge. He will really have to gameplan. He won't be able to blitz as much as he would like, that's for sure.

If they can improve a lot on run defense and limit the run, defense has a chance

It is going to be a tough challenge. He will really have to gameplan. He won't be able to blitz as much as he would like, that's for sure.

If they can improve a lot on run defense and limit the run, defense has a chance

I was messing around a bit of course Dan .

I do think strongly D needs to show up in the front seven. I thinks a lot of his preseasons blitzing was more for experience and experimental . Some teams go Vanilla and i think Coach P went a quite a bit the other way.

I expect him to dial that stuff back for the real season. But show blitz quite often.

The run defense has been the achilles heal over the last few years. It showed itself again against that big ole Washing Town .

We better get better and that out sorted soon.

So i do agree with you Dan, defense CAN keep us in it against Pats and we might be dependant upon that possibilty.

let Tuel or EJ play turnover free as they both have and let the D rule the day by playing strong up front

Go Bills

Kurt Schulz maybe? Matt Darby? I do remember somebody back there wreaking havoc against our own guys.

GO BILLS!!!

Shulzy was always good for a friendly stinger per game, but now after a cup of coffee, I think it was Coy Wire.