Bills @ Redskins official GDT

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fairness, Searcy has sucked all preseason so I think reasonable people never doubted that Byrd's addition would help.

However I'm a bit concerned by the cornerback play. Quite a bit of it can be attributed to the return of rusty vets, McKelvin and Rogers.

Both of those guys have been exploited quite a bit.

McKelvin play should be no surprise. To me the surprise was when he was extended Nix alluded he would be a starting corner. He simply is not.

Who thought that to begin with?

Read the Byrd thread.

Spiller still out there... WHY???

This was my biggest question. Despite what Tasker said, Spiller was not 100%. He had a little hitch to his giddy-up and there was no f'in reason for him to still be in the game.

And as has been stated in the last few pages of this thread (the only ones I've read) - that half was ugly. As I said after the last game, I'm not sure we want to see this D blitzing over and over again against Brady. He eats blitzes up. If a 3rd and 4th string QB were able to beat the blitz what's Brady going to do? And can a LB maintain his assignment and be where he's supposed to be for the cutback? All half long the DL did a pretty good job and when the runner turned back there were no LBs in sight.

On a positive note, Dareus had a good half of football. Even before those last few plays he was good.

The problem I have with that is that neither has ever been a good cover corner.

Trade TJ for a corner, please.

I'm really concerned about cornerback.

However it looks to me like TJ isn't a good football player. He just doesn't have the instincts, IMO. He has a hard time tracking the ball, doesn't naturally high point when he has the chance, just seems very raw for a wide receiver.

I don't think TJ has much trade value.

The bright side is that Woods looks really good and the Bills don' really need TJ to come through for them.

And wasn't Gilmore the one covering Garcon on their 1st TD?

It was but I'm not worried about Stephon, nor do I think are most people.

Guys, I take full blame for this. I was at the "white out" Jets game, too. I need to stop going to games. :(

I don't blame you, I blame the guy that started the "this defense needs a name" thread. Bad juju right there.

I'm really concerned about cornerback.

However it looks to me like TJ isn't a good football player. He just doesn't have the instincts, IMO. He has a hard time tracking the ball, doesn't naturally high point when he has the chance, just seems very raw for a wide receiver.

The bright side is that Woods looks really good and the Bills don' really need TJ to come through for them.

It was but I'm not worried about Stephon, nor do I think are most people.

Do you think there is a chance TJ gets cut? Easley, Hogan, Rogers all have made their cases'

TJ may not be one of their top 5 receivers. He stinks.

Like I said I'm concerned about CB but again, McKelvin is usually good in coverage. He's just a bad ball athlete.

He is definitely very rusty having been out as long as he's been.

Concern is legit but to judge Leodis on his first half of football is not quite fair.

Well, why not judge him on his whole pro career? What's different today?