Bills @ Redskins official GDT

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I not too down on the offense s it was somewhat expected, especially with Stevie rusty and Kolb calling the shots. But I expected a bit more from the D. LBs and DBs still need work.

At this point, I think there is enough of a body of work to make judgments about McKelvin. He is an amazing athlete and maybe the new coaches will make a difference, but I am not sure a lack of instincts can be fixed.

i promise. give him time. i've been watching him a lot.

he's like donald jones but can get deep and get open. he just needs to catch.

Well I agree that he's like Jones. A good athlete who is very unpolished as a wideout.

I hope spoon feeding his raw skills will help him avoid bust status. Clearly Kolb was not putting the ball where it needed to be.

Very likely EJ will be able to feed Graham the ball downfield.

Haven't had a chance to watch, from.what I am hearing Bills are playing "Wannstadt" defense and getting smoked with no movement or blitzing?

No, they blitzed plenty in the first half but they rarely got pressure and even when they did Grossman and White were able to find WIDE open WRs down field for big plays.

Hopefully these are just growing pains as players are trying to learn a new scheme. Hopefully.

You can see pretty clearly that Tuel has more pocket poise than Kolb.

No, they blitzed plenty in the first half but they rarely got pressure and even when they did Grossman and White were able to find WIDE open WRs down field for big plays.

Hopefully these are just growing pains as players are trying to learn a new scheme. Hopefully.

Correct.

In spite of getting the ball out quickly, the Redskins had a lot of open receivers.

Usually he's really tight in coverage but can't make a play on the ball.

Today he's been quite distant from the man he's supposed to cover.

At times yes, at other times I've seen him play exactly like he's played today.

He's just not a good NFL CB. Not in the past, not today, and he won't be good in the future either.

I personally like Butler as the #2 CB. He' not great, and I only have a couple of preseason games to have watched him, but at this point I'd rather give him a shot than watch another year of McKelvin fail at the position.

Keep McKelvin and Brooks in the slots, and let McKelvin return punts.

Cut Rogers, he's worse than McKelvin.

This is a game that shows what our DB's look like when we're not getting any pressure. I sure hope the gameplan today was supposed to test the DB's.

If we have to rely on Searcy covering anyone this year we're in trouble.

Haven't had a chance to watch, from.what I am hearing Bills are playing "Wannstadt" defense and getting smoked with no movement or blitzing?

A defense comprised primarily of starters giving up 300 yards of offense to Grossman and White in a half (and getting pretty much manhandled) is certainly reminiscent of a number of games last year. They certainly have not played with the same level of intensity or energy of the first two pre-season games - and have been awful both offensively and defensively...from top to bottom. Pretty dismal performance. Hopefully, just one of those days.

Edited by billsfan1959

Yeah that one first quarter blitz looked awkward. Two Bills guys essentially blocked each other out of the pad rush. I hope it wasn't drained like that.

Flame me all you want but the truth is this defense looks terrible.

Absolutely terrible.

Over pursuing LBs, defensive line getting holes blasted through it, CB's having issues staying even near WR's, horrible angles, trouble tackling, the list is long.

Ugh.

I have a theory. Maybe not an accurate theory but one none the less. I'm not hearing anything about exotic blitz packages and such this game. Seems kind of strange because Grossman is pretty easy to rattle. I'm wondering if the coaches are simply not calling them so they can evaluate our horrible corners.

Of course, the Skins aren't throwing much. They have been killing us with power sweeps to the outside.