Anybody else hear Manny Lawson on SiriusXM yesterday?

eball

Manny was a guest on the mid-day show yesterday and gave about a five minute interview. Seems like a pretty intelligent guy. There was nothing earth-shattering, but here are a few comments I found interesting:

-- Gannon asked about Kiko Alonso and Manny's first response was a chuckle. He basically said Kiko is soft-spoken and mild mannered off the field, which is night and day from how he is between the white lines. Also said he was doing a good job with the calls. I interpreted the chuckle as Manny's way of saying Kiko is going to really surprise some people.

-- Asked what kind of a defense Buffalo will run, Manny said it's all about attacking the offense and not letting them feel comfortable.

-- Said everyone has "bought in" to what Marrone is preaching.

-- Praised the D-linemen, specifically mentioning Mario, Dareus, and Kyle.

-- Said one of the things he noticed most about EJ is his confidence and swagger; said teammates see this and will feed off it.

-- Said CJ is "ridiculous" in the open field.

Manny was a guest on the mid-day show yesterday and gave about a five minute interview. Seems like a pretty intelligent guy. There was nothing earth-shattering, but here are a few comments I found interesting:

-- Gannon asked about Kiko Alonso and Manny's first response was a chuckle. He basically said Kiko is soft-spoken and mild mannered off the field, which is night and day from how he is between the white lines. Also said he was doing a good job with the calls. I interpreted the chuckle as Manny's way of saying Kiko is going to really surprise some people.

-- Asked what kind of a defense Buffalo will run, Manny said it's all about attacking the offense and not letting them feel comfortable.

-- Said everyone has "bought in" to what Marrone is preaching.

-- Praised the D-linemen, specifically mentioning Mario, Dareus, and Kyle.

-- Said one of the things he noticed most about EJ is his confidence and swagger; said teammates see this and will feed off it.

-- Said CJ is "ridiculous" in the open field.

Awesome - thanks!

Thanks for posting.

Been meaning to say this for a while, but Lawson has been one of the most pleasant surprises this off-season. The guy is a lot bigger than I thought, and has played great in the games-- very fast and seems like he can really hit too.

Agreed. I was not initially very impressed with the signing, but he has looked very good in the first 2 PS games.

it seems that these players are all saying the right things, as players tend to do, but they really seem to be excited about the direction of the team. there seems to be some nice talent assembled on this roster and if they are all "buying in" and end up playing with chips on their shoulders and fire under their arses...opening day can't get here soon enough!

Agreed. I was not initially very impressed with the signing, but he has looked very good in the first 2 PS games.

i was intrigued by the signing initially because he was reported to be a linebacker with good coverage skills, of which we were in dire need of. but i've been pleasantly surprised by what appears to be an nfl caliber linebacker with a solid all-around game.

I feel better about our LB corps than I have for some time. Certainly since last year at this time when it was painfully clear Shep would not cut the mustard as ILB in a 4-3, Barnett would not cut the mustard as an OLB in a 4-3, and the Bills had no other ideas on how to proceed

Did he mention anything about standing for the national anthem?

Queen Victoria financed a study to determine the most comfortable way to stand. It was determined that the best position was feet 18 inches apart with hands behind the back.

Queen Victoria financed a study to determine the most comfortable way to stand. It was determined that the best position was feet 18 inches apart with hands behind the back.

Stand up with your feet apart and think of the Queen?

Heard a great interview with Manny on 1270 the Fan the other day - sounded great there, too.

Also, Mario was interviewed on WGR last week and was waxing poetic on the new D and what each guy brings. When asked about his old college teammate, Lawson, he quipped: "Manny brings a whole lot of bones."

\Sounds like the two of them are tight so maybe Manny will help put the "Super" back in Mario this year.

Heard a great interview with Manny on 1270 the Fan the other day - sounded great there, too.

Also, Mario was interviewed on WGR last week and was waxing poetic on the new D and what each guy brings. When asked about his old college teammate, Lawson, he quipped: "Manny brings a whole lot of bones."

\Sounds like the two of them are tight so maybe Manny will help put the "Super" back in Mario this year.

maybe, just maybe...

Manny is to Mario what Bennett and Talley were to Bruce.