Football. Swannie House. Come as you are

It's a great little bar, and we've made arrangements to either take over the second floor or the patio.

Too bad some (many) of you folks are out of town and won't make it to the B-Lo til the following week.

jw

Hey if this works well this year, you can set up a webcam at Swannies and the out of towners can have a virtual happy hour next year.

Oh, how I wish I'd be in town for this...would really love to see Timmah's demeanor when he can't just click "block" on Twitter because someone dared to disagree with him.

On Facebook, someone asked him about blocked Twitter followers showing up. He said... "I'd be disappointed if none of them did. I've met people I've blocked out in public before. It's always been a pleasant discussion of why I do what I do."

Folks:

A couple of us media types are rounding up for a night of football talk at Ye Olde Swannie House.

It's set for Aug. 27, which is this upcoming Tuesday. And it'll start at 8 p.m.

There's no cover (unlike a team-sponsored event that night). The drinks are cheap. And so's the atmosphere, which is a good thing.

Feel free to show up, ask what you want and have a good time.

Linky: http://www.trendingb...-tuesday-night/

jw

Isn't it kind of a pricky thing to do to GR if you and I think Tim go on air there sometimes? I think it's a great idea, but if I was GR I'd be POd that you were doing it at the same time as their event.

Isn't it kind of a pricky thing to do to GR if you and I think Tim go on air there sometimes? I think it's a great idea, but if I was GR I'd be POd that you were doing it at the same time as their event.

it's a free world, and I use the word "free" with purpose.

fans have the option to spend $25 and spend money on a cash bar at the Statler to hear "the insiders" points of view.

fans also have the option to spend however much they want to go to the Swannie and hear others -- the "outsiders" ?? -- provide their points of view.

jw

fans have the option to spend $25 and spend money on a cash bar at the Statler to hear "the insiders" points of view.

fans also have the option to spend however much they want to go to the Swannie and hear others -- the "outsiders" ?? -- provide their points of view.

jw

Good for you JW! You are like the impressionists outsdie the Salon!

Hope it all goes well and you get a good turnout.

jw

Getting complaints for offering a better deal and a more genuine environment. It's like someone complaining that their discounted meal should cost more. Hey waiter you charged me too little for this delicious meal. Where is the manager? I want to express my outrage! :w00t:

No one begrudges anyone preferring the more formal environment of the Statler. It is a good place to hear the company line.