Football. Swannie House. Come as you are

Folks:

A couple of us media types are rounding up for a night of football talk at Ye Olde Swannie House.

It's set for Aug. 27, which is this upcoming Tuesday. And it'll start at 8 p.m.

There's no cover (unlike a team-sponsored event that night). The drinks are cheap. And so's the atmosphere, which is a good thing.

Feel free to show up, ask what you want and have a good time.

Linky: http://www.trendingb...-tuesday-night/

jw

Edited by john wawrow

Folks:

A couple of us media types are rounding up for a night of football talk at Ye Olde Swannie House.

There's no cover (unlike a team-sponsored event that night). The drinks are cheap. And so's the atmosphere, which is a good thing.

jw

Does the media establishment consider your behaviour an act of sedition?

Will your football commentary become more stammering as the evening advances?

If a person drinks light beer will they be thrown out of that manly tavern?

Do any of your attending associates have a tendency to get more belligerant toward the room as the pitchers add up?

If more people attend your proletarian event compared to the more scripted and less authentic event at the Statler will your press credentials at the Ralph be invalidated?

Just curious. :thumbsup:

Folks:

jw

<_< shouldn't you be out digging up 'real news?' <_<

Folks:

jw

ahhh... Swannie House...

This is going to be a very informal event, and we'll be happy to take as many questions -- even the same ones over and over -- as you might have.

It's something that kind of just came about by mistake, as the announcement says. We don't know how many will turn out, but the more the merrier. And, who knows, this thing might become an annual event -- or not.

It's a great little bar, and we've made arrangements to either take over the second floor or the patio.

Too bad some (many) of you folks are out of town and won't make it to the B-Lo til the following week. The trouble with Week 1 is we media folks have numerous stories to write and requirements that put a strain on the schedule. This seemed to be the only day that worked, and it's no coincidence that it coincides with the Bills "official" function, which just happens to be charging $25 per person and features a cash bar at the far more upscale Statler.

We thought we'd have one that would be a little more, well, blue-collar.

And yes, the Swannie is both a dive and a gem.

jw

This is going to be a very informal event, and we'll be happy to take as many questions -- even the same ones over and over -- as you might have.

It's something that kind of just came about by mistake, as the announcement says. We don't know how many will turn out, but the more the merrier. And, who knows, this thing might become an annual event -- or not.

It's a great little bar, and we've made arrangements to either take over the second floor or the patio.

Too bad some (many) of you folks are out of town and won't make it to the B-Lo til the following week. The trouble with Week 1 is we media folks have numerous stories to write and requirements that put a strain on the schedule. This seemed to be the only day that worked, and it's no coincidence that it coincides with the Bills "official" function, which just happens to be charging $25 per person and features a cash bar at the far more upscale Statler.

We thought we'd have one that would be a little more, well, blue-collar.

And yes, the Swannie is both a dive and a gem.

jw

It's a very cool thing y'all are doing. Wish I could be there.

for what it's worth: it's far more easier to be disagreeable in anonymity than it might in real person.

those with the intention of not wanting to be civil, you all don't have to come.

jw

I wish I was in the area; I'd love to attend something like this. If I lived just a couple hours closer, it would be far more easier for me to get there.

On a serious note: Cool of you to extend the invitation; I hope no idiots show up.

for what it's worth: it's far more easier to be disagreeable in anonymity than it might in real person.

those with the intention of not wanting to be civil, you all don't have to come.

jw

And it's more frustrating when your conversations "in anonymity" are not at all uncivil, yet you're treated poorly. I'd gladly reveal the content of my Twitter exchanges with Tim that somehow warranted blocking. For a guy who seems to pride himself on a sense of humor and sarcasm, it was shocking. I'd say all of that directly to his face.

But getting back to the point, it would be fun to be at this event -- for all of the "right" reasons.

p.s. -- my real name is on my Twitter account. I'm hardly anonymous.

Edited by eball