TMQ column Bills mention .... not kind to Buddy!

merlin

As much as I am have never been a Nix supporter. The Dareus pick was a no brainer. Had he not picked him Bills nation at the time would have went off the cliff. There was no other pick available that would have made sense. Gailey was already content with the scrub receivers he had on his roster.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad to see all the people sticking up for Dareus on here. Us Bills fans (and Tide fans) know that dude has some serious talent and has only scratched the surface of what he can be. He's going to be a force on our d-line for the next decade.

Dareus made the all rookie team and was highly regarded after a strong rookie campaign even in his sophomore slump he still looked like a more than capable NFL player and while the jury is still out on him I think he will be a quality player for this team. A.Williams that looks like a bad pick but he could still turn it around at safety and at the time was considered a very good pick (And Andy Dalton stinks an average QB is nothing to cry about missing out on).

Troup looks like a bad pick as Terrence Cody and Gronk would likely have been better picks, even at the time it was thought of as poor value as many thought he could have been taken in the early 3rd or later 2nd. Sheppard was traded for Jerry Hughes which could look like a steal, and not drafting Martez Wilson over him is not a mistake because Wilson was regarded higher.

BUT If Spiller stays healthy, Carrington turns out to be a stud, Moats proves to be at least a very good backup, Easley contributes, Dareus plays up to pro-bowl form, and A.Williams carves out a role on the defense Nix's first two drafts don't look too bad.

People who use hindsight to criticize draft picks are morons. I'm glad Buddy is gone, so that's no defense of his decisions...but people make it sound like it was just so obvious who the probowlers were going to be at the time of the draft. Horsehockey.

The fairest way to judge draft picks is not when they are made but after a few years when they have been given a reasonable opportunity to develop and perform. There are a number of people who criticized the Spiller pick when it was made for a variety of reasons. But many of the critics of that pick (not all) now acknowledge that it was a very good pick. Those instant draft scores given by the analysts immediately after the draft are very frequently way off the mark. It is much fairer to grade a draft three years after the selections than shortly after when the selections were made.

I think Dareus will have a better career then Von Miller. I'd bet on it.

I'm not sure if you are directing your comment to me or offering it up to the general population. My view on the Dareus selection is that it was a terrific selection. He is the type of player whose impact can't be measured by stats. He is a big player who bulked up the center of the line and frees up others on the defense to make plays because the OL is using extra players to contend with him. In addition, my point regarding needing a few years to make a better evaluation on a draft pick is illustrated with the Dareus/Miller selections. Miller may have impressive stats but he also is now sitting on the sidelines because he is an irresponsible and undiscipline dope.

Edited by JohnC

I think Dareus will have a better career then Von Miller. I'd bet on it.

How is that going to happen when Carrington is going to take Dareus' job. Dareus is going to eat his way out of the NFL. Did you see his fat gut? You wouldn't really make that bet would you? I would be happy to take your money.

Edited by thefootballexpert

How is that going to happen when Carrington is going to take Dareus' job. Dareus is going to eat his way out of the NFL. Did you see his fat gut? You wouldn't really make that bet would you? I would be happy to take your money.

Wow 39 posts and on my ignore list, new record.

dareus is a journeyman already?

dalton is a top notch qb?

we passed on Martez Wilson is now an indictment?

no mention of spiller?

hmmmm... i wont argue that nix was all homeruns, but i question this writers integrity with that paragraph.

Unless Dareus has an amazing season, he has to be considered a "bust" considering the pick he was taken at.

Umm Carrington and Dareus aren't even playing the same position. They're both starting. Some expert you are.

Edited by biglukes

Carrington is going to take Kyles job. But that's besides the point.

I agree buddy's worst decision was chan. Or at least accepting chans delusional notion that fitz could work. They should have performed their "exhaustive" search for a qb three years ago. Hopefully better late than never.

As for buddy's picks I really don't have a real problem. The draft is like a box of chocolates....

I'm not sure if you are directing your comment to me or offering it up to the general population. My view on the Dareus selection is that it was a terrific selection. He is the type of player whose impact can't be measured by stats. He is a big player who bulked up the center of the line and frees up others on the defense to make plays because the OL is using extra players to contend with him. In addition, my point regarding needing a few years to make a better evaluation on a draft pick is illustrated with the Dareus/Miller selections. Miller may have impressive stats but he also is now sitting on the sidelines because he is an irresponsible and undiscipline dope.

I know better then to poke a reply out of you. You're too good of poster to get in to it with - knowing much more then I do about the NFL...

I do agree though. Everyone wants Wilfork type action and do not realize that it is just not possible. (side note - even with that we do not have the LB's).

Dareus will always be compared to Miller. Miller will never be compared to Dareus. The media has loved Miller from the start.

I think they wanted miller.

I am not sure. I remember it fondly. I remember everyone here thinking Dareus is gone at 2. Everyone wondering if Miller slipped - he could have because of some issues I forgot already. It may be one of those things that we always wonder - just like Kuechly vs. Gilmore.

Yeah, but like Von Miller is totally a druggie. I mean, he's one needle away from the AIDS man. Did you see that 6 game suspension he got? Dude is going to roid rage and an hero. He's goin to be Seau - except, like, not as good. I mean, at least he's not Flam Fluten down in Charlotte. That retard stole a laptop. Word around town is he is a big jerk, too. Dareus, though. I got a tweet saying he saved the puppies of orphan kids in a house fire by simply farting on the fire. The propolsive blast of methane overheated the fire, in fact, causing fusion to happen which actually created a new element. This is nothing, though, because Von Miller went to try to inject that element in to his skin. When he did that Ngata came along and stomped on him and bent the needle. It burst open the glass and exposed the new chemical element to all those around. This was very bad, as Shreddar was near by and got it on him, and as anyone knows - the secret of the ooze is bad. It created Super Shreddar. Toka and Raza were there, too. And, as Shreddar emerged from the smoke after transforming to Super Shreddar, Toka and Raza played the jaws theme by beating on Dareus' fat gut. The echos from these taps caused a beatbox competition - Steve Johnson announced himself as the winner - which was cool. I mean, we all know he would win. So, after a long night of fighting all the boys get in trouble, right? I mean, they had no choice, their parents had to get them out of town. They got sent West. Will Smith got straight punked by Dareus and was given the thrown to Bel Aire.

You guys realize Easterbrook is a Buffalo native and unabashed Bills fan right? The article may be off base and skewed to prove his point that Buddy was a "bumbler" but this wasn't a ESPN drive by Buffalo piece.

No one should take this personally, but as I was reading Easterbrook's quote (and I didn't know he was a Buffalo native/fan), I thought that it reminded me of some of the posters on this site who will form an opinion of some member of the franchise and then only acknowledge those stats, or events that back up their claim, while utterly ignoring any controverting evidence. Come to think of it, I'd be surprised if the author of this article weren't a Bills fan. Were he not, he would probably be able to be a little more objective.

Edited by Rocky Landing

Carrington is going to take Kyles job. But that's besides the point.

I agree buddy's worst decision was chan. Or at least accepting chans delusional notion that fitz could work. They should have performed their "exhaustive" search for a qb three years ago. Hopefully better late than never.

As for buddy's picks I really don't have a real problem. The draft is like a box of chocolates....

Why would Carrington take Kyle's job? Williams, Dareus, and Carrington are all starting on the line. Carrington isn't taking anybody's job. He already has one right along side the other two.

Easterbrook has a rambling style that can be entertaining (I did enjoy his columns for a while), but he seems to come up with conclusions and blanket rules first, then force everything into that framework. I can't read his columns any more because he just doesn't bring any insight, just glib generalizations.

Agree 100%. I used to look forward to TMQ, now I rarely read it.

I remember the excitement and general all around good feeling when Dareus was drafted. Calling him a journeyman at this point is a little bit of a surprise to me.