TMQ column Bills mention .... not kind to Buddy!

merlin

Agreed, it's a terrible article, seemingly written by one with a vendetta. But I am concerned Dareus isn't going to blossom into the dominant DL we all thought and worthy of 3rd overall. I know all the stories on and off the field about him, but I only see flashes of possibilities and occasional bad play.

Hoping Pettine & Co. can bring out his best consistently.

the promising thing about dareus is that his physical talents are not in question at all, it's all upstairs with him. i've said this before but i think that feeling comfortable and confident are the two most important things for him. if he is in a good place in his life, i think he will be an absolute wrecking ball on the field.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not understanding my point. Of course you evaluate a draft after the picks have had the opportunity to play. But to make it sound like things were just so plainly obvious at the time of the draft that Buddy or anyone else had their head up their arse, it's asinine.

agreed. really the issue is about evaluating the process, more than any one player. is there something about their philosophy that caused them to reach and pick a failure - or did they make the right pick and have bad luck (or make a stupid pick that ended up working out well).

maybin or hardy are great examples of trying to out think everyone and picking on one singular attribute to fill a perceived need (first step with a DE, tall wr) as opposed to picking the best player on the board. terrible philosophy, even if it sometimes works out. If dareus fails its not for lack of resume, big time experience, reaching for a lack of talent etc... they made a good pick. it might be dumb luck. he also is far from a failure still.

Edited by NoSaint

I know better then to poke a reply out of you. You're too good of poster to get in to it with - knowing much more then I do about the NFL...

I do agree though. Everyone wants Wilfork type action and do not realize that it is just not possible. (side note - even with that we do not have the LB's).

Dareus will always be compared to Miller. Miller will never be compared to Dareus. The media has loved Miller from the start.

I am not sure. I remember it fondly. I remember everyone here thinking Dareus is gone at 2. Everyone wondering if Miller slipped - he could have because of some issues I forgot already. It may be one of those things that we always wonder - just like Kuechly vs. Gilmore.

Yeah, but like Von Miller is totally a druggie. I mean, he's one needle away from the AIDS man. Did you see that 6 game suspension he got? Dude is going to roid rage and an hero. He's goin to be Seau - except, like, not as good. I mean, at least he's not Flam Fluten down in Charlotte. That retard stole a laptop. Word around town is he is a big jerk, too. Dareus, though. I got a tweet saying he saved the puppies of orphan kids in a house fire by simply farting on the fire. The propolsive blast of methane overheated the fire, in fact, causing fusion to happen which actually created a new element. This is nothing, though, because Von Miller went to try to inject that element in to his skin. When he did that Ngata came along and stomped on him and bent the needle. It burst open the glass and exposed the new chemical element to all those around. This was very bad, as Shreddar was near by and got it on him, and as anyone knows - the secret of the ooze is bad. It created Super Shreddar. Toka and Raza were there, too. And, as Shreddar emerged from the smoke after transforming to Super Shreddar, Toka and Raza played the jaws theme by beating on Dareus' fat gut. The echos from these taps caused a beatbox competition - Steve Johnson announced himself as the winner - which was cool. I mean, we all know he would win. So, after a long night of fighting all the boys get in trouble, right? I mean, they had no choice, their parents had to get them out of town. They got sent West. Will Smith got straight punked by Dareus and was given the thrown to Bel Aire.

I thought Dareus was safe until they said they were going to bring Twinkies back on the market. Yep, I think Walmart is going to sell twinkies.. That's the end of Humpty Plumpski Dareus. Too many twinkiies Dareus. It's the goodyear blimp, no who can it be? I wonder if Joey bag of donuts is good friends with Dareus. ROFLMAO

Anyone who didn't want Dareus is a fool. Why hasn't he mentioned that years #1? Newton is sucking some donkey...

Gronkowski was a high risk /high reward player. When he is out of the league in 3 years...the reward better already be had.

Aaron Williams was said to have been great value, per ESPN heads.

This article is horribly balanced between hindsight and lobbing softball grenades at mistakes gone by...

I had mixed emotions about the Dareus pick. Part of me thought that A.J. Greene could become a much better player. There were others who felt the same way, only more strongly. Far from being fools, those who advocated for Greene over Dareus have (thus far) had their statements vindicated.

Marv Levy once said that once you start listening to the fans, you'll soon be up in the stands with them. The implication is that a coach or GM needs to make smarter decisions than the fans would have made, if he's going to keep his job. The smart decision back then would have been to take Greene over Dareus.

Every GM has made mistakes, and I'm not going to write Buddy off over just that one thing. But let's not pretend that taking Dareus over Green was anything other than a mistake. A mistake which was probably avoidable.

I had mixed emotions about the Dareus pick. Part of me thought that A.J. Greene could become a much better player. There were others who felt the same way, only more strongly. Far from being fools, those who advocated for Greene over Dareus have (thus far) had their statements vindicated.

Marv Levy once said that once you start listening to the fans, you'll soon be up in the stands with them. The implication is that a coach or GM needs to make smarter decisions than the fans would have made, if he's going to keep his job. The smart decision back then would have been to take Greene over Dareus.

Every GM has made mistakes, and I'm not going to write Buddy off over just that one thing. But let's not pretend that taking Dareus over Green was anything other than a mistake. A mistake which was probably avoidable.

agreed. But at #3 that year to avoid the defensivetalent ccan't imagine what would happen in the media. And what would Greenes stats be right now after 2 yrs of Fitz