Which Gas attack did POTUS Really Really Really Mean Would be a Trigge

Then why did Someguy Moon, or whatever his name is, Secretary General of the UN state that any US attack without UN approval would be an illegal attack?

Yes, nothing like state run media for an unbiased opinion :rolleyes:

perhaps he believes the proposed actions will not have the desired effect. perhaps he feels that the un's authority should not be bypassed. clearly he disagrees with obama on what the world's red line is at this point in time. unfortunately, the reality is that "the worlds" red line in the un on this issue will be dictated by russian and chinese leaders and thus may not reflect the world's red line at all.

what assertions, specifically, do you dispute in this pbs report?

Edited by birdog1960

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what assertions, specifically, do you dispute in this pbs report?

A series of peaceful protests during the Arab Spring in 2011...

The narrative of the Arab Spring being some kind of Woodstock koom-bay-yah protest isn't entirely accurate.

The current death toll, according to UNHCR's Peter Kessler, now stands at more than 100,000

Where does this number come from? I've seen reports as low as 80k and as high as 200k.

The group Syrian Observatory for Human Rights says 40,146 civilians have been killed, including more than 4,000 women and more than 5,800 children.

Again, where do these numbers come from? Especially having a specific number of 40,146 seems suspicious. Who is doing the counting and do they have any reason to pad the stats in their favor?

A series of peaceful protests during the Arab Spring in 2011...

The narrative of the Arab Spring being some kind of Woodstock koom-bay-yah protest isn't entirely accurate.

The current death toll, according to UNHCR's Peter Kessler, now stands at more than 100,000

Where does this number come from? I've seen reports as low as 80k and as high as 200k.

The group Syrian Observatory for Human Rights says 40,146 civilians have been killed, including more than 4,000 women and more than 5,800 children.

Again, where do these numbers come from? Especially having a specific number of 40,146 seems suspicious. Who is doing the counting and do they have any reason to pad the stats in their favor?

the sources for the numbers are clearly identified in the piece and in your post. for more detail and background i'd go to the cited sources. didn't see any mention of woodstock or campfire songs. Edited by birdog1960

JOHN FUND: President “Present:” Hillary Had It Right in 2008 On Obama’s Indecisiveness.

ROLL CALL: Will Congress Follow Its Leaders On Syria?

I don’t think they should even vote unless Obama promises to abide by the result — something he’s quite pointedly refused to do.

Politico: Obama Allies Say He’s Misread Capitol Hill — Badly.

Charlie Rangel: “Of course it’s embarrassing.”

kerry said today that this is not about obama's red line but about the world's red line. he's absolutely correct.

:lol: No, he's not. He's trying to deflect criticism from the administration that is richly deserved. "The world" never talked about a "red line," Obama did...and clearly Obama doesn't speak for the world on this point (nor the UN, nor England,...nor, it seems, even himself.)

I actually feel bad for Kerry - he's been put in the position of "administration liar" that's usually reserved for the press secretary. I never thought I'd feel bad for Kerry.

I find it fitting that a "news" site which is mainly frequented by undereducated lemmings has a name that is grammatically incorrect.

Just sayin'...

Do you genuinely consider RCP a place frequented by under-educated lemmings? If so, I hope you'll elaborate as to why you think this way.

Do you genuinely consider RCP a place frequented by under-educated lemmings? If so, I hope you'll elaborate as to why you think this way.

Because Gene is above us all. So anything that he doesn't read is beneath him frequented by under-educated lemmings.

JOHN FUND: President “Present:” Hillary Had It Right in 2008 On Obama’s Indecisiveness.

ROLL CALL: Will Congress Follow Its Leaders On Syria?

I don’t think they should even vote unless Obama promises to abide by the result — something he’s quite pointedly refused to do.

Politico: Obama Allies Say He’s Misread Capitol Hill — Badly.

Charlie Rangel: “Of course it’s embarrassing.”

Congress is lining up just fine for Obama. He won't get unanimous approval but he's going to get widespread approval.

Everyone Has a Plan . . .

By Michael Walsh

“. . . until they get punched in the mouth.” Thus spake the great Mike Tyson. And since von Moltke’s not available, maybe we should get Iron Mike up in front of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee to explain from first-hand experience how long a plan survives contact with the enemy. We might be spared absurdities like this:

Members of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee reached an agreement late Tuesday on wording of a new resolution authorizing U.S. military force against the Syrian government.

The resolution would permit up to 90 days of military action against the government of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, beginning with 60 days and the option of 30 more pending President Obama’s notification of Congress, according to a copy of the resolution provided by Senate aides.

The resolution also bars the deployment of U.S. combat troops into Syria, but would permit the deployment of a small rescue mission, in the event of an emergency, the aides said.

Obama also would be required within 30 days of enactment of the resolution to send Congress a plan for a diplomatic solution to end the violence in Syria, according to a senior Senate aide familiar with the agreement.

Yeah, a 90-day window for military operations, led by the antiwar Winter Soldier, with trusty Sergeant Hagel by his side.

That ought to do it. What could possibly go wrong?

Obama's teleprompter was malfunctioning. The Red Line of which he spoke was just technical difficulties obscuring the remarks prepared for him

Well it can hardly be Obama's fault if someone put a line through his speech in red ink while he was trying to read it.

Bush did it!

True to his form, Mr. Obama will not take responsibility for any of his own actions.

It sounds like he's too worked up today...........quick, call Reggie.........a couple of "hands of Spades" should calm him down.

12006_501815993205904_1979867685_n.jpg

Liberal chiming in:

I don't think we should involve ourselves in anyone's conflicts at the moment, not unless there's serious national security implications. I'd rather us concentrate on fixing our growing problems with for-profit education and healthcare, and improving our crumbling infrastructure.

But... lobbyists control this country, so none of that will happen. Only war and oil are national issues.

Edited by Dorkington