Byrd signed tender [update: may still want to be traded]

BRAWNDO

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update: Per Albert Breer, it was a straight tag. There was NO language that stated the Bills won't tag him next year.

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer 1m

Per source, the one-year deal that Jairus Byrd signed was the straight tender -- No no-tag provision for 2014 as part of it.

This is the best news.......the only thing better would be.....Byrd fires Parker

It doesn't really make sense to allow you to negotiate but not sign. At least none I can think of. Here is a good all around article on franchise tenders, specifically as it relates to Byrd, although it doesnt answer our question.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/The-looming-franchise-player-negotiating-deadline.html

The reason to allow talking? If you ask me its because it would be unreasonable and unenforceable to expect them not to talk from today til January.... Why have the rule if you can't enforce it in any way?

As many of us said numerous times, there was no way in hell he was gonna miss any games.

Not at $432,000 per game.

I thought he might miss games yes the annual salary i s alot but on the open market he could probably fetch 20 million guaranteeed. I think more is Byrd's a competitor and just wanted to be out there with his team. I bet you parker was advocating for a longer hold out

I would be more surprised I guess to learn that he didn't get the guarantee from the Bills to not franchise him next year than I would to learn he came in on his own with two weeks to go. That really doesn't amount to much of a threat. I think he would sign right before the season started, seeing if the Bills would cave in the last week.

It's possible that Byrd just told Parker I want to play when he saw how much fun the Bills defense was having, and decided he didn't care about the franchise tag next year any more, he thought he would play better if given the two weeks.

your likely correct. Damn, just I just agree with you?

I know he'll have enough time to pick up the playbook but do you think there'll be enough time to learn how to stand during the national anthem?

He can practice it but there is nothing like real national anthem game reps

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Update: Per Albert Breer, it was a straight tag. There was NO language stating the Bills won't tag him next year.

This is how you play hardball.

This turns out not to be a big deal, after all. I'm glad he didn't wait until a few days before the first game, like that fat slob Jason Peters did. You can't blame him for skipping camp and minimizing his chance for injury. Now camp is over and he signed. Hopefully he has a good season and stays healthy.

I thought he might miss games yes the annual salary i s alot but on the open market he could probably fetch 20 million guaranteeed. I think more is Byrd's a competitor and just wanted to be out there with his team. I bet you parker was advocating for a longer hold out

Interesting.

Possible.

Historically Parker's players have shown up at the end of camp/start of the season if on a franchise tag

This turns out not to be a big deal, after all. I'm glad he didn't wait until a few days before the first game, like that fat slob Jason Peters did. You can't blame him for skipping camp and minimizing his chance for injury. Now camp is over and he signed. Hopefully he has a good season and stays healthy.

And 19 days till the opener is a "goodly" amount of time.