El Capitan (Trent Edwards) surfaces again and Maybin cut by Bengals

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of former Bills QB's does anyone know if Fitz got signed anywhere? Hate to see him in another jersey.

For real?

How bizarre would that be? I'd have no idea how to react if i saw him in a Bills' uniform again.

I think I would lose some respect of this coaching regime.

Fitz looked pretty good last night against the Bungles, granted it was against the twos and threes but he hit some nice throws and showed solid decision making throwing the ball away while being dragged down. His biggest problem in Buffalo was he just didn't have the arm strength for the conditions at the Ralph, few do. The conditions there truly separate the men from the boys. If you don't have a legitimate deep ball and coaching staff unwilling to or unable to establish the ground game your chances are greatly diminished. There are many starting Qb's in the league whose numbers would be very different if they played 8 at the Ralph mixed with regular trips to Foxboro and other northeastern stadiums as Bills signal callers face. Look at the game a couple of years back when the "great" Tommy boy didn't even attempt a pass in the two quarters they moved away from the tunnel. In no way do I think Fitz is a great Qb but there were many factors in his demise. Maybin on the other hand is a true poser.

Fitz looked pretty good last night against the Bungles, granted it was against the twos and threes but he hit some nice throws and showed solid decision making throwing the ball away while being dragged down. His biggest problem in Buffalo was he just didn't have the arm strength for the conditions at the Ralph, few do. The conditions there truly separate the men from the boys. If you don't have a legitimate deep ball and coaching staff unwilling to or unable to establish the ground game your chances are greatly diminished. There are many starting Qb's in the league whose numbers would be very different if they played 8 at the Ralph mixed with regular trips to Foxboro and other northeastern stadiums as Bills signal callers face. Look at the game a couple of years back when the "great" Tommy boy didn't even attempt a pass in the two quarters they moved away from the tunnel. In no way do I think Fitz is a great Qb but there were many factors in his demise. Maybin on the other hand is a true poser.

For me it's as simple as this.

Ryan Fitzpatrick was a back-up QB, playing as a starter.

Good for the short term, bad for the long term.