El Capitan (Trent Edwards) surfaces again and Maybin cut by Bengals

Tough to tell. He went so far to the outside that he was typically off the TV screen for like 5-10 seconds. In that time, he may have been overpowering some scat back.

Lol. Wasn't there a video of Maybin being pancaked by a Bears running back who stayed back to block?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keith Ellison > Corey Moore > maybin

'come on man K Ellison? does he have more than 2 sacks in 4 years? corey moore had a decent season last year.

within days of being cut, roo

hes outplaying locker by a longshot, doubt he'll be cut, maybe elevated to starter within a few weeks.

re trentwad: I wish I could totally suck at something and then get rehired over and over and make hundreds of thousands of dollars to be a douche. oh ya forgot it was the concussion. pfffttt. lol

Edited by enlightener

Fitz looked pretty good last night against the Bungles, granted it was against the twos and threes but he hit some nice throws and showed solid decision making throwing the ball away while being dragged down. His biggest problem in Buffalo was he just didn't have the arm strength for the conditions at the Ralph, few do. The conditions there truly separate the men from the boys. If you don't have a legitimate deep ball and coaching staff unwilling to or unable to establish the ground game your chances are greatly diminished. There are many starting Qb's in the league whose numbers would be very different if they played 8 at the Ralph mixed with regular trips to Foxboro and other northeastern stadiums as Bills signal callers face. Look at the game a couple of years back when the "great" Tommy boy didn't even attempt a pass in the two quarters they moved away from the tunnel. In no way do I think Fitz is a great Qb but there were many factors in his demise. Maybin on the other hand is a true poser.

EXCELLENT Point. Strong Arm is needed. To your point. Not sure if anyone saw NFL Networks special on the 83 draft class. While it was specifically focused on Elway and Marino, they interviewed Jim Kelly who promptly said he DID NOT want to be drafted by Buffalo. After mentioning, where would anyone want to live Houston or Buffalo, he then said the thought of playing in Houston in a dome without the wind and rain definitely was a positive. And he obviously had a Strong arm. Again, great point.

EXCELLENT Point. Strong Arm is needed. To your point. Not sure if anyone saw NFL Networks special on the 83 draft class. While it was specifically focused on Elway and Marino, they interviewed Jim Kelly who promptly said he DID NOT want to be drafted by Buffalo. After mentioning, where would anyone want to live Houston or Buffalo, he then said the thought of playing in Houston in a dome without the wind and rain definitely was a positive. And he obviously had a Strong arm. Again, great point.

This is funny to me because I believe back at the draft some poster (poser) kept insisting that arm strength was overrated playing here. That is to say a guy like Fitz could survive here. Wait. Maybe it was Fitzfanboy saying that :wallbash: Or it was some guy arguing the wind wasn't really a big deal here. And then I saw someone pointed out that even Brady didn't throw when facing the tunnel for two quarters. Hmph, I guess the guy is ultimately right then. You don.t need a strong arm to win here!!!! :death:

re trentwad: I wish I could totally suck at something and then get rehired over and over and make hundreds of thousands of dollars to be a douche. oh ya forgot it was the concussion. pfffttt. lol

I didn't realize Trent was a douche.

I thought he was an alright guy but not such a great quarterback.

In what ways is he a douche?

Margaret Thatcher > Aaron Maybin. Even dead..

Margaret Thatcher's last breath a miniscule part of which only a few particles still yet linger > Aaron Maybin's contribution to the NFL.

Ah shucks ok maybe it's a bit unfair. It's not his fault he was drafted so high.

Margaret Thatcher's last breath a miniscule part of which only a few particles still yet linger > Aaron Maybin's contribution to the NFL.

Ah shucks ok maybe it's a bit unfair. It's not his fault he was drafted so high.

Good point. He would have been a value pick in the 23rd round.

I see your Corey Moore and raise you an Eddie Robinson.

I still remember Eddie Robinson getting juked out of his shoes by Chad Pennington in the red zone. I miss the tastefully-named Gregg Williams who had the audacity to tear down the 3rd-ranked defense in order to rebuild it in the image of the 1st-ranked defense as if the difference between them wasn't due entirely to chance.

dont play coy with me sjbf. Ive seen you respond to every single post on this board for years so I know youve seen every single opinion on turdwards. But for entertainments sake, ill indudlge you.

1.When a guy is an nfl qb who is being scathed in the media for 2 sesons in a row about checking down, dont you think (if you were a man) you would start going deep? At least once or twice a game?

2.When its 4rth down and the end of a game and you have a chance to score or lose...dont you think a man (not a douche) would throw it? Or would he run out of bounds?

3.When youve lost game after game, during the press conferences would you look sideways at reporters like a little boy and fix your hair looking in the monitor of yourself on the TV as they ask questions (saw this repeatedly) or would you look them in the eye and answer the questions?

its one thing to suck, its another to see how he didnt really care, proving this with his 4rth down play, never and I mean NEVER changing his game to address his obvious problem of checking down and throwing mainly to runningbacks. Also if you watched his press conferences, he sounded like he was just going through the motions again and again not looking at the reporters, but fixing his hair? seriously, who does that on tv while people are talking to you?

If QB's ever starting doing thirty step dropbacks Aaron Maybin will lead the league in sacks. No one gets to a point 25 yards behind the LOS faster.

He's a master of the famous pushed past the pocket loop back coverage sack.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

he smelled a little like vinegar with a hint of fish ?