SU Hoops 2013-2014 edition...

bills44

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CJ is having another rough start

The thing I notice with this team is no matter how far down they are...no matter how fast the other team plays...Ennis ALWAYS plays at one speed directing the offense...calm and very deliberate

I'm worried ennis is starting to hit the wall. Minus that last amazing shot he hasn't been playing well lately.

I don't know what to say....except for 25 and FREAKING OHHHHHHHHHHH

I've got a few things to say lol

1. The refs were terrible today in favor of cuse. A ton of suspect calls against nc state.

2. Ennis and fair appear to have hit a bit of a wall. I don't know of it is physical or mental which leads me to...

3. The whole team mailed it in today. They did it after duke but cooney went bananas. He didn't have that game today luckily rak played great.

4. Really really missing Keita out there.

5. This 6 man rotation is trouble. Roberson has such a quick hook on him he can't do anything wrong out there or he gets yanked. I know that is jimmy b's style but I think some time/experience for Roberson is a necessity at this point.

6. If they've got 9 lives they've used at least 3 of them in the month of February! If it is close I have complete faith that they will pull it out. It's the same feeling I have watching the Yankees and one I wih I could have for the Bills.

7. 25 and freaking OHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

If anyone finds that on a Tshirt, let me know - send it to me, anything. I'll wear it every day.

If you're serious let me know. I know a few people to that have their own printing businesses.

i guess when we win i don't notice the refs but we weren't winning until the final 6 seconds...i honestly didn't think the refs were that bad, it just didn't seem like the refs were really even involved in the game...state made some dumb fouls, but so did syracuse, mostly on 3's....

I've got a few things to say lol

1. The refs were terrible today in favor of cuse. A ton of suspect calls against nc state.

2. Ennis and fair appear to have hit a bit of a wall. I don't know of it is physical or mental which leads me to...

3. The whole team mailed it in today. They did it after duke but cooney went bananas. He didn't have that game today luckily rak played great.

4. Really really missing Keita out there.

5. This 6 man rotation is trouble. Roberson has such a quick hook on him he can't do anything wrong out there or he gets yanked. I know that is jimmy b's style but I think some time/experience for Roberson is a necessity at this point.

6. If they've got 9 lives they've used at least 3 of them in the month of February! If it is close I have complete faith that they will pull it out. It's the same feeling I have watching the Yankees and one I wih I could have for the Bills.

7. 25 and freaking OHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

If you're serious let me know. I know a few people to that have their own printing businesses.

If you're paying or the shirt and shipping...pff I'll even cover shipping. Pissing off these fans down here would be great.

I'm a nice guy but I don't know if I'm that nice lol

i guess when we win i don't notice the refs but we weren't winning until the final 6 seconds...i honestly didn't think the refs were that bad, it just didn't seem like the refs were really even involved in the game...state made some dumb fouls, but so did syracuse, mostly on 3's....

A lot of ticky tack fouls it seemed went cuses way in the second half. Not that I'm mad they were called of course lol.

Wow. What a weird game.

The refs were bad because they were so inconsistent. They called each half totally differently.

I can't believe we were able to generate 2 TOs off the trap on the last two possessions. All nc state had to do was hold the ball.

Play of the game was christmas' steal at the end, plus a great outlet pass.

The whole team shot like garbage. Nc state struck me as pretty terrible. We just missed 20 wide open shots.

Edit: how about those bojangles announcers? Talk about annoying...

Edited by JR in Pittsburgh

I've always liked mike giminski...and I will NEVER disparage bojangles!

**side note - Bill'Bojangles' Robinson was a Richmond native. There's a statue of him at the intersection of Adams & West Leigh Sts.

Wow. What a weird game.

The refs were bad because they were so inconsistent. They called each half totally differently.

I can't believe we were able to generate 2 TOs off the trap on the last two possessions. All nc state had to do was hold the ball.

Play of the game was christmas' steal at the end, plus a great outlet pass.

The whole team shot like garbage. Nc state struck me as pretty terrible. We just missed 20 wide open shots.

Edit: how about those bojangles announcers? Talk about annoying...

Edited by The Poojer

Ya the refs definitely helped us in this one. Got some touch fouls on a lot of high leverage possessions.

I don't know what to say about a game where CJ is airballing his $ 15foot baseline shot, wtf.

Rak carrying 'em was definitely a look like the Cooney/ND game - the other home "letdown game". That might not bode well for the game @Maryland. Although if we're coming off a win, that'll be a nice problem to have.

It's gonna be real fashionable for talking heads to call us semi-frauds in the next week, so get used to it.

But this was one bad game - going down to the wire @Pitt is nothing to be ashamed of.

Now if we can't run BC off the floor, that'll be some serious cause for concern.

I'll take later... Like sometime next season later!

If Keita and Coleman were healthy...and Roberson was providing/given the opportunity to add offense off the bench, I'd say they could go undefeated but as it stands right now, if Fair and Cooney go cold, the team struggles for offense. It only takes one player on one team to go off. Pitt would have beat them if Patterson was 100%. They nearly did in the dome when he was healthy. Parker might be that guy.

If Keita and Coleman were healthy...and Roberson was providing/given the opportunity to add offense off the bench, I'd say they could go undefeated but as it stands right now, if Fair and Cooney go cold, the team struggles for offense. It only takes one player on one team to go off. Pitt would have beat them if Patterson was 100%. They nearly did in the dome when he was healthy. Parker might be that guy.

Teams just don't go undefeated anymore and that's why I want Cuse to just get it out of the way. You rarely even see 1 loss teams anymore.

Lose at Cameron next week and to Pitt in the ACC Semifinals or something like that, and I will STILL take it. Make them go I to the NCAAs hungry to avenge their recent losses.

Teams just don't go undefeated anymore and that's why I want Cuse to just get it out of the way. You rarely even see 1 loss teams anymore.

Lose at Cameron next week and to Pitt in the ACC Semifinals or something like that, and I will STILL take it. Make them go I to the NCAAs hungry to avenge their recent losses.

There is an advantage to hitting a rough patch and then figuring out how to climb out of it.

But I think you're going to see some losses coming up-- it would be insane if we won at duke, at md, and at Virginia. If I had my druthers, I just want that win against Virginia.

Sellout.....gonna have to tar and feather you baby blue.

I still root for Duke, Wake and tOSU. I will cheer for Duke in the Cuse/Duke game. But happy either way. The underdog is always fun to root for and I feel many Duke fans, even with a Duke win, will say that Cause is probably the better team.

Having Keita back will make a huge difference...especially on defense and on the boards. This team still has to hit their shots though. I'll just chalk this one up to a bad game. Still 25-0...could be worse. Amazing how many Cuse fans (not referring to this thread) were about to step off the ledge after the game last night.

Keita being out is really displaying how much Rak's game is coming together. We lose last night if not for him. Going strong to the rim, rebounding, baseline jumpers, knocking down free throws and unbelievable rim protection. He did it all.

FTR. I'll be happy when Keita is back, but Rak is just earning more minutes while he's out and I personally love that he's finally starting to play with confidence and up to his potential.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Keita being out is really displaying how much Rak's game is coming together. We lose last night if not for him. Going strong to the rim, rebounding, baseline jumpers, knocking down free throws and unbelievable rim protection. He did it all.

FTR. I'll be happy when Keita is back, but Rak is just earning more minutes while he's out and I personally love that he's finally starting to play with confidence and up to his potential.

I agree. What's exciting is that what we saw last night could be Rak every game next season. There is no reason he shouldn't be getting 7-10 shots next year, especially without CJ and Grant around.

I agree. What's exciting is that what we saw last night could be Rak every game next season. There is no reason he shouldn't be getting 7-10 shots next year, especially without CJ and Grant around.

This makes me really hope that Ennis' dad convinces him to stick around a year to get stronger and work on his jump shot as has been mentioned during a couple broadcasts. Ennis and Rak seem to have a really good rapport already and it would be great to see them play with a full season of getting used to each other's games under their belts.

Edit: I don't know why I do this to myself. Hoping he stays when it just seems so likely that he'll leave. It must be the Bills fan mentality I have ingrained in me that constantly forces me to build up hope and then watch it all come crashing down.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Edit: I don't know why I do this to myself. Hoping he stays when it just seems so likely that he'll leave. It must be the Bills fan mentality I have ingrained in me that constantly forces me to build up hope and then watch it all come crashing down.

Haha. I convinced myself that Carmelo would stay-- that's how delusional I am.

i realize it's much ado about nothing, but how do you vote for florida #1 over syracuse? sure there were some close/lucky games, but luck or closeness do not show up in standings, SU did nothing to lose the privlege of getting a #1 vote

http://www.syracuse.com/axeman/index.ssf/2014/02/syracuse_basketball_detroit_free_press_writer_explains_why_he_didnt_vote_orange.html

i realize it's much ado about nothing, but how do you vote for florida #1 over syracuse? sure there were some close/lucky games, but luck or closeness do not show up in standings, SU did nothing to lose the privlege of getting a #1 vote

http://www.syracuse.com/axeman/index.ssf/2014/02/syracuse_basketball_detroit_free_press_writer_explains_why_he_didnt_vote_orange.html

I always think it's a "look at me" thing when stuff like this happens.