I hope Steven A. Smith eats crow about his thoughts on EJ!

buffalopdc

Well we've got at least a hundred posters here who hated the pick and don't look like they're getting behind EJ yet. Not saying they're rooting for him to fail, but it's something close to that.

That's the worst part. We have no say so get behind your guy even though you might not like him.

I find it funny how Skip says that the national media will be all over him from the start of camp but yet all I hear about is Geno's ankle on ESPN and nothing about the Bills new QB. These guys are just trying to stir the pot like we are doing already.

Also, not for nothing, this must have been from right after the draft since T. Jax was still on the team.

Edited by The Wiz

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter. Matt Leinart would've gone 1st overall if he left a year earlier than he did. If the Bills can win games with Manuel not looking like Tebow it's a good pick. If they lose even if he's half way decent he's a bust. So it goes for a QB.

Both of these national idiots said mostly nothing but bad things about EJ. But then they managed to create themselves outs just in case he succeeds. Of course they talked about his charisma, energy, arm, maturity. It'll only take 2-3 games and they will be claiming they knew it all along.

Both of these national idiots said mostly nothing but bad things about EJ. But then they managed to create themselves outs just in case he succeeds. Of course they talked about his charisma, energy, arm, maturity. It'll only take 2-3 games and they will be claiming they knew it all along.

Haha it's unreal. That's really how all tv sports people go about their jobs. It's our fault for watching and keeping idiots like Bayless and SAS on the air.

Stephen A Smith makes a career by making headlines. There is never a story or anything else to it. His character is why he is celebrated not his talent. This guy is to the sports world what Kim Kardashian is to the modeling world.

That's as funny as it is true.

But regarding people 'eating crow' about not liking the EJ pick, let's not start sucking each others dicks quite yet. We're a long way from claiming that high ground.

Smith didn't blast the pick. Bullsh*t headline.

While I hope E.J. proves the naysayers wrong, that anyone thinks he already has is pretty funny.

EJ hasn't proven to be a star in the league. What he has proven though, is that he's not the 6th best QB in this draft class.

EJ hasn't proven to be a star in the league. What he has proven though, is that he's not the 6th best QB in this draft class.

Not sure he's even proven that, since it's pretty subjective, but his upside, to me, is a lot higher than the other 2013 propects because of his physicality. I also think a lot of the critics are overboard and nitpicky. I see the fact that he can still get better as a positive.

Steven A, does a pretty good politician in his commentary. Now Skip comes right out and says it was 'horrendous'.

Psst Skip, no one pays much attention to the Bills. I mean honestly to say there would be scrutiny on EJ is just crazy. Yes he was the first qb taken. But it was at 16 and it was to maybe the smallest market team besides the Jags. The only way EJ gets picked apart is if he does or says something wrong off the field...

I mean to me Gabbert has not gotten really 'killed' for his bad play and he was the SECOND PICK. Now if he was the second pick and went to the Giants or Jets or Dallas, wow! Would that pick be ridiculed.

To me the best place for a smart and mature guy with a bunch of talent to go would be Buffalo. I also think the first round was a good place for him. He can handle the pressure it appears, so picking him in the first just ads to his confidence.

And yes i as well as many of you really just care about how EJ does when he steps between the lines. then all this talk is done.

Steven A, does a pretty good politician in his commentary. Now Skip comes right out and says it was 'horrendous'.

Psst Skip, no one pays much attention to the Bills. I mean honestly to say there would be scrutiny on EJ is just crazy. Yes he was the first qb taken. But it was at 16 and it was to maybe the smallest market team besides the Jags. The only way EJ gets picked apart is if he does or says something wrong off the field...

I mean to me Gabbert has not gotten really 'killed' for his bad play and he was the SECOND PICK. Now if he was the second pick and went to the Giants or Jets or Dallas, wow! Would that pick be ridiculed.

To me the best place for a smart and mature guy with a bunch of talent to go would be Buffalo. I also think the first round was a good place for him. He can handle the pressure it appears, so picking him in the first just ads to his confidence.

And yes i as well as many of you really just care about how EJ does when he steps between the lines. then all this talk is done.

Gabbert went 10th overall, I think.

I'm happy with what I'm seeing out of EJ so far.

I think I will trust that... pundits have to get the hits to drive advertisement, so shock journalism is what much of this kind of reporting has devolved into

Smith didn't blast the pick. Bullsh*t headline.

While I hope E.J. proves the naysayers wrong, that anyone thinks he already has is pretty funny.

The purpose of the original post was to say that this would fire me up if I am EJ and the Bills. It was not to say he is the second coming of Christ (that player is on the Patriots) or the next Jim Kelly.

I'm happy with what I'm seeing out of EJ so far.

I think I will trust that... pundits have to get the hits to drive advertisement, so shock journalism is what much of this kind of reporting has devolved into

That's a solid point, because there's no bump in saying EJ was a solid pick. Like this article that I posted in another thread says, nobody gives them any credit for moving back and gaining picks. The Bills didn't just sit tight, they strengthened thier hand before taking the QB.

http://rotobahn.com/blog/why-i-loved-the-bills-draft/

After the draft EJ and the Bills got completely blasted by Steven A. Smith (and Skip Bayless) in this video. I hope they eat their words sooner rather than later...like week one. The is bulletin board material for EJ and the Bills.

The only thing I do agree with is that there is tremendous pressure on EJ to succeed. Most rated him poorly in the draft and expect him to fail (especially in Buffalo) in the national media following the draft. In Buffalo, WGR flat out asked him how does it feel to be the savior of the Bills. No pressure there.

http://youtu.be/UxrjajikasU

First off the person you should have given the guff to is Skip not Steven A . He said he was going off of what others had said not what he knows about the guy .

he big question is over the years how many of the so called experts have hit on their expert analysis & how many times have they missed in the same respect .

I think that we are covered because IF EJ does turn out to not be that guy Tuel is the wild card and he (i ope) continues to show he was worth picking him up where we did . I believe we got a diamond in the rough with that guy !!!

Like this article that I posted in another thread says, nobody gives them any credit for moving back and gaining picks. The Bills didn't just sit tight, they strengthened thier hand before taking the QB.

Haven't you heard, the Bills traded UP to 16 to get EJ. That's what I keep hearing anyway. :lol:

First off the person you should have given the guff to is Skip not Steven A . He said he was going off of what others had said not what he knows about the guy .

he big question is over the years how many of the so called experts have hit on their expert analysis & how many times have they missed in the same respect .

I think that we are covered because IF EJ does turn out to not be that guy Tuel is the wild card and he (i ope) continues to show he was worth picking him up where we did . I believe we got a diamond in the rough with that guy !!!

I expected that type of garbage from Skip as I have personally never taken him very seriously. What I found upsetting was that Steven A agreed with him and basically parroted everything Skip said. I expected a little more from Stephen A.

Even though he is really loud, Steven A is a million times better than Skip. SAS also said that when he meant & spoke with Manuel, he did have a presence & could see what the Bills liked about him.

The real monsters are ESPN. They have a monopoly & are TMZ. They just have guys who scream over the top of each other & have to take insane stances (Skip). Well, see if this new Fox Sports channel changes this, but I doubt it.

Even though he is really loud, Steven A is a million times better than Skip. SAS also said that when he meant & spoke with Manuel, he did have a presence & could see what the Bills liked about him.

The real monsters are ESPN. They have a monopoly & are TMZ. They just have guys who scream over the top of each other & have to take insane stances (Skip). Well, see if this new Fox Sports channel changes this, but I doubt it.

I watch ESPN for games only. Can't take the rest.