I hope Steven A. Smith eats crow about his thoughts on EJ!

buffalopdc

Gil Brandt on Sirius/XM NFL radio predicted that Manuel would be the first QB taken. He loved the pick. Who would you rather have making a draft choice for you, Stephen A. Smith, Skip Bayless or Gil Brandt? I'll take Gil thank you very much.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gil Brandt on Sirius/XM NFL radio predicted that Manuel would be the first QB taken. He loved the pick. Who would you rather have making a draft choice for you, Stephen A. Smith, Skip Bayless or Gil Brandt? I'll take Gil thank you very much.

One of the great sports' media clips is Jalen Rose calling out Skip. Skip said he was like Pistol Pete in college, Rose did research & found Skip never played, so he should be more the Water Gun than the Pistol.

And Gil B. is one of the guys I trust most about the draft.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

Not sure he's even proven that, since it's pretty subjective, but his upside, to me, is a lot higher than the other 2013 propects because of his physicality. I also think a lot of the critics are overboard and nitpicky. I see the fact that he can still get better as a positive.

I disagree in that EJ has looked a lot better so far than Landry, Nassib and Glennon. So to think that those guys were rated higher than him by the experts is looking comical right now.

I disagree in that EJ has looked a lot better so far than Landry, Nassib and Glennon. So to think that those guys were rated higher than him by the experts is looking comical right now.

I agree that he is better, and I liked the pick personally, but "proven" is a strong word when we haven't played a real game yet.

Of course Gil Brandt. But then again, he was the same guy who drafted Jim Jeffcoat over Dan Marino when Dallas really needed a QB.

Actually, I don't take any real issue with anything Steven A Smith said in that segment... the white guy (Skippy) is the one who will have crow to eat, if EJ Manuel turns out to be what the Bills (and most of us) hope he is. He is the one making definitive, and ridiculous statements there...Steven A, in the immediate aftermath of the draft, is just echoing the sentiment of many, who were surprised that the Bills went in so hard for Manuel at the #16 pick...he even says, right off, he is basing this off the opinions of people who study the draft, and draft prospects for a living. He does note, unlike Skipper, that if the Bills felt that strongly about Manuel (and obviously they did) you can't really question picking him there...

I actually like Smith. He is definitely more of an NBA guy than an NFL guy, but I think he is being mis-characterized a bit here... his style on ESPN can be off putting to some, I realize, but if you ever listened to his morning radio show on FOX Sports radio, in his short time there, between ESPN stints, he is a pretty bright guy...and his "takes", I gather, are not as controversial as some would assume.

The issues addressed in this are:

1. Was he taken to high ?

2. Was he the best QB this year?

What they barely touched on at the end of the piece was the idea that Philadelphia was interested in him using their 2nd round pick on him. Buffalo could have traded down again with San Fran to pick 30 and still select him but then Philadelphia could have jumped ahead of them to take him. San Fran later traded up to Dallas in the 1st round. Had they done that deal first then got Dallas' pick, then traded it to buffalo---Buffalo would have done this and still take EJ. What also wasnt talked about much was that Chip Kelly tried to recruit EJ to Oregon.

They also didnt mention was the connection he has to the Bills extended family in being Bruce Smith's godson. Buffalo had indirect channels and inside info on EJ.

why does anyone care... Stephen A's philosophy of sports is simple... THE LOUDER I SHOUT IT THE MORE IT MUST BE TRUE!

please...he knows crap about football he should be thankful NBA players let him stick his tongue up their backsides....

Edited by KRT88

The below tweet from Skip Bayless last night should help us keep StevenA/Skips opinions in perspective.

@RealSkipBayless- Must admit, Seahawks looking like more of a threat to New England in the AFC than Denver is right now.

The below tweet from Skip Bayless last night should help us keep StevenA/Skips opinions in perspective.

@RealSkipBayless- Must admit, Seahawks looking like more of a threat to New England in the AFC than Denver is right now.

Wow.

So Skip thinks that the Seahawks are still an AFC team.

Unreal.