If (as advertised) it's a fair fight, then Tuel is winning.

alias

OMG, this is happening on this forum as well!

Unreal.

FYI, since Kolb just came back, he jumped over Tuel to take reps with the 2s today while Tuel is getting reps with the 3s.

Sorry Tuel lovers.

Don't start with that Tuel lover ****. People like you always start this crap. RJ vs Flutie etc. Tuel is a BUFFALO BILL and if he is the best QB then he deserves to play.

Are you guys still after all these years so freaking childish you need your guy to win the job even if he might not be the best guy? Let Tuel take 1st team reps and see how he does. Let the chips fall how they will. I love the EJ pick I hope he wins us a superbowl, but if for some reason he is really #2, then I want the best option playing for the BILLS.

I smell fear amongst the EJ apologists. Wouldn't it benefit EJ (and, more importantly, the Buffalo Bills) if the starting QB emerged from a fair fight?

I'm not for or against either EJ or Kolb or Tuel. I'm for identifying the best QB of the Buffalo Bills.

Doubts are lingering, and they won't be dispelled without a truly fair competition.

^ this.

But its the same crap we have put up with since Kelly retired. Fans root for a certain person instead of the TEAM. What is best for TEAM is put the best players out there regardless of fan love or draft position. I personally think EJ is going to be great, Kolb is a joke and we need to cut his ass and his big salary. Give Tuel some shots with first team against first team and let it play out as it plays out.

Reality is Tuel will never get a shot. This front office is under fire for not finding a franchise QB and God forbid the Fanchise QB NOT be the guy they were ripped by the media for taking so high in the first round.

I gotta say 13+ years of no playoffs isn't a shock when not only do you see the joke of ownership, front office and coaching, but the fanbase as well.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I smell fear amongst the EJ apologists. Wouldn't it benefit EJ (and, more importantly, the Buffalo Bills) if the starting QB emerged from a fair fight?

I'm not for or against either EJ or Kolb or Tuel. I'm for identifying the best QB of the Buffalo Bills.

Doubts are lingering, and they won't be dispelled without a truly fair competition.

I think you're smelling something else lingering. In this case, your own hot air. :ph34r:

Their starting quarterback is emerging from a "fair fight", and it is EJ Manuel. Tuel looked very good in the 2nd half against Indy's 3rd and 4th stringers, but the same cannot be said about his play against that of the Bills since camp opened. Manuel has done nothing but improve since day one of mini camp, culminating with that 2 minute drill on Sunday, and I believe (And I bet the coaches do too) that he will only continue to improve. Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride!

Fail. Tuel isn't playing against 1st (or 2nd) stringers. I like the kid and his development, but this is an absolutely ridiculous thread. There are two possibilities for who starts the regular season as the Bills' starting QB -- Manuel or Kolb. Tuel is a developmental project.

Their starting quarterback is emerging from a "fair fight", and it is EJ Manuel. Tuel looked very good in the 2nd half against Indy's 3rd and 4th stringers, but the same cannot be said about his play against that of the Bills since camp opened. Manuel has done nothing but improve since day one of mini camp, culminating with that 2 minute drill on Sunday, and I believe (And I bet the coaches do too) that he will only continue to improve. Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride!

Thank-you. Seems we have a fair amount of naive newbies who don't understand where and when position battles are won.

This might be a new record for starting a QB controversy though. Two rookies who've never seen a snap of time in an NFL game.

I remember when our fans were among the more knowledgeable in the league.

GO BILLS!!!

What exactly are we apologizing for? That Manuel has looked good so far?

Cannot believe we have to read such drivel...

C'mon you guys. A little perspective is needed. He did play very well but there were no blitzes and Colts played basic coverages. Do you really think in a regular game that Rogers would have been left all alone on the far side of the field in one-on-one coverage on that TD pass? That was too easy. There would have been a LB or S over there to help out. I'm guessing EJ starts at first, Kolb No.2 and Tuel at 3.

You can always tell who wants a QB in the 1st and who didn't. The difference is the EJ has a ceiling about 45 floors higher than Tuel's. I like Tuel and think that he has had a great camp. I for one am in favor of starting the guy that coul develop into Cam Newton not the guy that could develop into Matt Flynn.

Coach Marrone was emphatic about letting the results determine who starts. Right now, if we knew nothing about draft position, veteran experience, and all that blah-blah, then Tuel is ahead in this fight.

If the argument against Tuel is, "But he's playing against third stringers," then let him start against the first stringers and let us see what we shall see...

"Fair" should be fair.

Let's run Kolb against UB and he'll win too.

Get it?

It's "happening on this forum as well" because it's happening on the field. That's the point.

Tuel does have potential, I will give you that. But he is not winning the QB competition by any stretch of the imagination. He will be the 3rd QB and rightfully so. It's good to have some depth at the position and he provides that. Let's hope he is not needed this year.

What exactly are we apologizing for? That Manuel has looked good so far?

Cannot believe we have to read such drivel...

An "apologist" is one who speaks or writes in defense of someone or something. Nobody said you were apologizing.

Tuel does have potential, I will give you that. But he is not winning the QB competition by any stretch of the imagination. He will be the 3rd QB and rightfully so. It's good to have some depth at the position and he provides that. Let's hope he is not needed this year.

LOL ... every player "has potential." That's an overused cliche.

Tuel did nothing impressive at WSU and won't in the NFL. He had a good game against 3's and 4's that will be on the waiver wire soon, that's all. Failed collegiate talent.

If he turns into a solid backup be glad.

Fail. Tuel isn't playing against 1st (or 2nd) stringers. I like the kid and his development, but this is an absolutely ridiculous thread. There are two possibilities for who starts the regular season as the Bills' starting QB -- Manuel or Kolb. Tuel is a developmental project.

What are you talking about? I watched the game, and everyone needs to admit, Tuel has The Chroise!TM

Troll.

I think a lot of you are missing the big karmic picture here.

Jeff Tuel went to Washington State. So did Drew Bledsoe. Bledsoe, of course, famously lost his job to Tom Brady. So, for karmic balance, Jeff Tuel must be the next Tom Brady.

I can't believe I actually have to explain these things...

This is the dumbest thread since Mario for Skelton (sorry Barbarian). The Bills are looking for the long term QB answer. A franchise guy not a stopgap. EJ has the potential to be a star but he will need some time (as discussed in the draft process). He is coming along faster than expected and we should be thrilled. I like what I have seen from Tuel so far but lets not get carried away. There is no chance that he is the starting QB until EJ gets a chance to display his true potential. If EJ fails after a year or two (hopefully not) then they may look in another direction.