If (as advertised) it's a fair fight, then Tuel is winning.

alias

Coach Marrone was emphatic about letting the results determine who starts. Right now, if we knew nothing about draft position, veteran experience, and all that blah-blah, then Tuel is ahead in this fight.

If the argument against Tuel is, "But he's playing against third stringers," then let him start against the first stringers and let us see what we shall see...

"Fair" should be fair.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG, this is happening on this forum as well!

Unreal.

FYI, since Kolb just came back, he jumped over Tuel to take reps with the 2s today while Tuel is getting reps with the 3s.

Sorry Tuel lovers.

Edited by Kaenon

It's "happening on this forum as well" because it's happening on the field. That's the point.

How come I don't hear anything about you being at all the practices? Let me guess you read some practice notes, watch one preseason game, then by your amazing analysis you think Tuel is amazing?

Edited by Meatloaf Sandwich

It's "happening on this forum as well" because it's happening on the field. That's the point.

All things are not equal.

You need to see Tuel with the 1s against an opposing team 1s.

That hasn't happened and may not.

Tuel beat up on a team that might not be able to beat Hutch Tech. I like what I saw too; The command of the offense, accuracy, confidence. Tuel looked like a Man playing against boys but its not the same thing as having Mathis chase you down.

Lets realize it was Game 1 of the PreSeason.

Tuel will likely have the whole 4 PreSeason game to himself. Still won't be playing with or against the 1s but if he still looks good then its going to be tough to try and stash him on the PS.

Notice how 90% of the posters who spew this nonsense on a daily basis have about 100 posts to their credit? Newbs. One preseason half does not erase the fact that EJ, by almost all accounts, has been outplaying Tuel all training camp. It's as if EJ didn't play a very good game himself on Sunday. I don't get it.

Notice how 90% of the posters who spew this nonsense on a daily basis have about 100 posts to their credit? Newbs. One preseason half does not erase the fact that EJ, by almost all accounts, has been outplaying Tuel all training camp. It's as if EJ didn't play a very good game himself on Sunday. I don't get it.

This all sounds like some of the post-game callers on WGR on Sunday saying how much better Tuel looked against the Indy backups vs how Manuel looked against the same backups. IMO, the only way there is going to be a QB controversy is if the Bills run into a similar situation as the 49ers did last year with Alex Smith & Kaepernick. If Manuel goes down in the regular season and Tuel comes in and the offense plays significantly better for multiple games (not just one, like Rob Johnson did vs Indy in the season finale vs the Colts) then we can realistically talk about Tuel being the possible starter, but not until (or if) it happens.

Coach Marrone was emphatic about letting the results determine who starts. Right now, if we knew nothing about draft position, veteran experience, and all that blah-blah, then Tuel is ahead in this fight.

If the argument against Tuel is, "But he's playing against third stringers," then let him start against the first stringers and let us see what we shall see...

"Fair" should be fair.

So you actually know better than the Bills coaches? Cool

I smell fear amongst the EJ apologists. Wouldn't it benefit EJ (and, more importantly, the Buffalo Bills) if the starting QB emerged from a fair fight?

I'm not for or against either EJ or Kolb or Tuel. I'm for identifying the best QB of the Buffalo Bills.

Doubts are lingering, and they won't be dispelled without a truly fair competition.