I See No Reason To Temper Enthusiasm

Better get on the bandwagon.....there might not be room for you later...... :)

Oh, there will be room and plenty of time too. As you are one of the biggest cheerleaders on this board, I would refer you to some of your own posts over the last few years.

Time for a reality check I think.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to put a wet blanket on the party, but Tuel ain't goin' anywhere in this league. I too was impressed, ... which should have been the first sign that the game was worth even less than anyone thinks.

I'm willin' to bet anything that come Nov., so many people here are going to be griping and moaning about the team for one reason or another, particularly about the play-calling, etc, the same things they're getting excited about now.

I'm also curious how the D is going to look after it ranks in the top four for most plays.

No, the way that those here use the word "troll" as if it applies to every breath, have this same optimism because the offense "looks faster" or the plays are better under Gailey, ... or Jauron, or whomever, anything bad is meaningless in preseason, but anything good is extrapolated and magnified 20x, but then in December those same people want to burn down the offices at OBD, fire everyone, ... as painfully as possible I might add, make sure that their home lives are ruined, etc.

Honestly, it's a real hoot, it's like a bi-polar reality show.

Well, I'll tell you, if they do substantially improve the band wagon will begin to fill up and when they fall, the bi-polar reality show will actually be ten times worse. The bad part of the Bills getting good would be all the know it all band wagoners jumping on board

...look at how good Miami was last year...

Miami was 7-9 last year coming off of 6-10 the year before.

I agree completely,... when's the last time we could generate some excitement based on what we actually saw on the field

Lets enjoy being fans!

When 5-2 in 2008 and 2011 we all seemed very excited about what we saw on the field as I recall.

BTW, preseason has meaning, but wins are not a part of it

All that matters is how one's first team looks against anything resembling first-team talent. Yesterday it was anemic on both sides for two whopping series against a 1st team, and the D was even worse against the second team while the O managed to save some face on a single drive late in the 2nd Q after Indy had 3rds in the game. Draw any conclusions that you want. It tels me that the D is no different than last year, pending three more preseason games, and that the O, while not embarrassing itself, also did nothing worthy of note.

Meanwhile, some are talking about the speed of the O, did anyone look at the time of possession data while the O was "on crack?" If that keeps up the D is going to be on sedatives. Things like that are important to look at, but strangely, I don't see one single mention of it anywhere in the forums, and it's a lot more important than one single drive by the O's first team against 2's and 3's much less against a bunch of players that won't even have jobs come fall, on any team.

I was not all that impressed with what the starting D did either. We gave up 13 pretty quick and that bomb for a TD was against our starting CB. Our stoppage of the run was hit and miss. But it was the first outing for the new scheme. Hopefully it improves.

This whole hurry up offense thing I'm not real sure about either. Your defense better be good. If not and you offense is not humming, you could get your self into a big hole. I thought it was cool though when on the last drive by Colts, we're up by 24 and we're BLITZING. I LOVED THAT.

If it works it will be awesome!!

It was a fun win Sunday. We'll see what happens Friday, and then the pre season will be 1/2 over.

Go BILLS !!

This team has been absolute garbage for more than 10 years and even when those past teams put together a string of 4-5 games, you just never saw how they could keep it up. There was never a thought of wow, these guys have the talent to REALLY make some noise in this league.

Well, here we are after 1 pre-season game and I have no problem getting excited about what I saw yesterday. You know why, I have not been excited about this team in forever and it's a hell of a lot more fun to feel like this than being in the mindframe that the team is spinning its' wheels. I am not going to wait until they win the division or are viewed as a contender, I am going to fire up this train right now. Get ready folks, this team seems like it actually learns from its' mistakes and I have a great feeling about the coaching staff in general.

This is the fun part of being a Bills fan folks and if you can't bring yourself to be excited because you fear a letdown, then I urge you to let it loose. There will be ups and downs with this team but why not enjoy it while it's unfolding right in front of your eyes.....that parking lot for the home opener, ohhhhh myyyyyyyy

+1

As a fan I always get excited for the start of a new season and I always cheer for the Bills no matter what the expectations are. The Bills are my team and I cheer for them.

Coming into this season I did not know what to expect from the Bills this year, and after this first preseason game I still do not know what to expect. With a new coaching staff and a lot of new and unproven players on the team it is difficult to make an honest prediction.

The Bills played an inspiring game yesterday, yes there are still issues that need to be addressed, but they were fun to watch against the Colts.

What really impressed me about the play of both Manuel & Tuel was not necessarily their stats but the way they managed the game.

They both had command of the offense and showed a lot of leadership.

Manuel looked cool, calm and very decisive. While he did get off to a slow start, he looked great on the scoring drives, especially the 2 minute drill.

Tuel looked like a drill sergeant. The way he was out there yelling the plays in and redirecting players, you just could see that he was the one in charge. I honestly thought that if a WR or O-Lineman made a mistake, Tuel would tell them to drop and give him 20.

My expectations remain unchanged. I do not know how the Bills are going to do this season. I will admit that my enthusiasm and optimism are piqued.

Let's see what happens in the next game against the Vikings. Hopefully we get to see some players that we have not seen yet, and who knows who else will step up.

I likes seeing bone jarring tackling, speed to the ball, wide outs getting separation, QBs throwing with accuracy and zip but most of all this team is well coached. Attitude and effort will boost confidence and these young guys will surprise teams this year. Look forward to a season of good football and not a yawn fest.

All that matters is how one's first team looks against anything resembling first-team talent. Yesterday it was anemic on both sides for two whopping series against a 1st team, and the D was even worse against the second team while the O managed to save some face on a single drive late in the 2nd Q after Indy had 3rds in the game. Draw any conclusions that you want. It tels me that the D is no different than last year, pending three more preseason games, and that the O, while not embarrassing itself, also did nothing worthy of note.

Again, I thought that, and think that, any such TD drive is good for a rookie QB, but minimally good, not "look out, here comes the next RGIII or Russell Wilson" good.

Meanwhile, some are talking about the speed of the O, did anyone look at the time of possession data while the O was "on crack?" If that keeps up the D is going to be on sedatives. Things like that are important to look at, but strangely, I don't see one single mention of it anywhere in the forums, and it's a lot more important than one single drive by the O's first team against 2's and 3's much less against a bunch of players that won't even have jobs come fall, on any team.

Anyway, not trying to rain on anyone's parade, nor dissuade anyone from calling me a troll since that brings some people here pleasure, but I do find it humorous and will await the commentary after next week's game and the rest of the season. If the team ends up not entertaining this year, reading the forums surely will. LOL

Yea, there are a number of reasons to temper our enthusiasm, thanks for posting this. It's a good first step, certainly better than watching our preseason offense struggle to execute like they did under Chan, but we have a long way to go. Definitely reasons to be positive but let's give it more time before getting the train rolling.

Again, I thought that, and think that, any such TD drive is good for a rookie QB, but minimally good, not "look out, here comes the next RGIII or Russell Wilson" good.

Anyway, not trying to rain on anyone's parade, nor dissuade anyone from calling me a troll since that brings some people here pleasure, but I do find it humorous and will await the commentary after next week's game and the rest of the season. If the team ends up not entertaining this year, reading the forums surely will. LOL

why do you even bother with this team at this point? You'd think that with all the expectations you have that you would be better off deleting this site and just waiting until we're already Super Bowl Champs before you jump back onto the band wagon.

Have fun with your life. Hopefully you don't think too much about how you should never buy a dog because it'll just die in 12 years anyway.

The real reason I started this post was not to say that this team IS going to be different or WILL hit the ground running, it was to say that it is nice to finally feel GOOD about the direction of this team. The biggest pessimists out there cannot deny the new edginess to this team and the atmosphere that has been brought in by the youth movement (players and coaches alike.) I don't care if they prove me wrong (actually I do) and crap the bed again, the point is that I am going to enjoy every ounce of a good feeling this team is delivering to me NOW.

I don't remember exactly how it was stated, but there was an article that was put out talking about how the D.Mar and Hackett led offense of the orange scored most of their points in the second half...

THAT is an interesting point, and one that bears a little more digging.

• 2 weeks later...

PFF's Premium Stats rank #Bills LT Cordy Glenn #2 among all LT's in preseason (#1=Jonathan Martin, Fins). bit.ly/1569JYF #BillsMafia

#Bills Jerry Hughes is tied 2nd among #NFL 3-4 OLBs in pass rushing (PFF Signature Stats). Kerrigan=#1 #BillsMafia

#Bills Marcus Easley second to Charles Hawkins in preseason Rec Yds with 140 yards in 2 games: 10 targets, 10 receptions #BillsMafia

PFF: Tied for #NFL number 2 TE in run blocking is #Bills Chris Gragg, their 7th RD draft pick. #DraftTek

#BillsMafia#Bills Manny Lawson is tied for #1 among #NFL 3-4 OLBs in Pass Coverage, according to PFF Signature Stats

#Bills number one CB in preseason according to PFF Premium Stats: Crezdon Butler, who is fourth overall in #NFL. Gilmore tied for 13th.

Edited by Astrobot