Where was Byrd???

It was great game overall for the Bills but I though Williams played a great game. And i know it is only one pre-season game but if Byrd does not report to camp right away, trade his ass if there is any decent buyer. If he does not want to be here, I dont want him to be here.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It was great game overall for the Bills but I though Williams played a great game. And i know it is only one pre-season game but if Byrd does not report to camp right away, trade his ass if there is any decent buyer. If he does not want to be here, I dont want him to be here.

Why not just straight out cut him and send a message that we only want players that want to be here?

What if there's not a decent offer?

What if there's not a decent offer?

Well, that begs the question; what kind of offer does the best free safety in football command? And why has it taken Parker so long to broker one?

GO BILLS!!!

Why do people take guys holding out personally? First of all none of the players care about you or the city. None of them. Did Peyton Manning offer to take a paycut to stay in Indianaoplis? They are getting paid to play. They want money and maybe some fame in that order.

Byrd deserves to be paid top three safety money and to be the second highest paid player on the defense after Mario. He has earned it. The FO blew it not signing Levitrea nd Byrd last year. Now they are paying the price. He will show up two days before the fourth pre-season game. He will not dress for that game and he will start against the Patriots. He will make the ProBowl and deserve to be the highest paid safety in the league.

Let it play out. He will show up in a couple weeks. No one with even half a brain passes on 7 or 8 mil. As long as the team refuses to give up the option to franchise him again next year I will be happy. Its a business and he has the most hardball agent in existence. NFL players could care less about the city they play in, unless its a really cool place by todays standards and the player wants that kind of thing.

Edited by 8and8Forever

Why do people take guys holding out personally? First of all none of the players care about you or the city. None of them. Did Peyton Manning offer to take a paycut to stay in Indianaoplis? They are getting paid to play. They want money and maybe some fame in that order.

Byrd deserves to be paid top three safety money and to be the second highest paid player on the defense after Mario. He has earned it. The FO blew it not signing Levitrea nd Byrd last year. Now they are paying the price. He will show up two days before the fourth pre-season game. He will not dress for that game and he will start against the Patriots. He will make the ProBowl and deserve to be the highest paid safety in the league.

We won't know that until the regular season.

GO BILLS!!!

I say let it play itself out. This team would be better with him, even with searcy and williams playing well.

It is wastefull trading away our good players just to get a 3rd and fourth rounder for them (which is what we would probably get for byrd, if we were lucky.

Agreed, I would assume Whaley has an idea of how he wants to play it going into next offseason. Byrd will get his payday from the Bills if he plays pro bowl caliber again this season.

"While I appreciate Jim Irsay offering to make me the highest-paid player, I told him I'd rather he save that money and keep whoever it is - Joe Addai, Charlie Johnson, whoever that may be. I'm willing to take less than they've offered if they are going to take that money to keep players we need to keep and go get other players. All I want is for them to have the cap and the cash to keep the players they want to keep and to sign other players." - Peyton Manning

Agreed, I would assume Whaley has an idea of how he wants to play it going into next offseason. Byrd will get his payday from the Bills if he plays pro bowl caliber again this season.

If he plays Pro Bowl caliber again no amount of money will keep him in Buffalo. He wants out.

Lets run all our good players out of town!

Its a business. I have no problem with Byrd being away. None whatsoever

Best thread I've seen on TSW in quite some time. :rolleyes:

Well, that begs the question; what kind of offer does the best free safety in football command? And why has it taken Parker so long to broker one?

GO BILLS!!!

If you can't extend him, no offer. Do you think anyone's giving a premium pick for a one year deal for a guy coming in mid August, and worry he will leave in January?

I don't think we can trade him unless he signs his franchise tender.

Nor do I think 1 preseason game is enough of an indicator to just give up on impact players.

The Bills cannot trade a player that isn't under contract. Byrd is not under contract.

All 32 teams can sign Byrd today.

If any of 31 team that aren't the Bills sign Byrd they must give the Bills a 1st and 3rd round pick.

(Shouldn't everyone know this by now?)

If you can't extend him, no offer. Do you think anyone's giving a premium pick for a one year deal for a guy coming in mid August, and worry he will leave in January?

Agreed but I say cut him. We are not getting a good pick and he does not want to be here. If he gave us a gentleman's agreement to not sign within the division that would cinch it for me.

Anyway I just find it weird that the Bills get two all pro safeties and the one that wants to stay gets the cold shoulder and ends up in the Super Bowl and the one that wants to leave has us begging. It is backwards.

"While I appreciate Jim Irsay offering to make me the highest-paid player, I told him I'd rather he save that money and keep whoever it is - Joe Addai, Charlie Johnson, whoever that may be. I'm willing to take less than they've offered if they are going to take that money to keep players we need to keep and go get other players. All I want is for them to have the cap and the cash to keep the players they want to keep and to sign other players." - Peyton Manning

Makes for a nice sound bite from a guy "leaving money on the table" that makes a salary nearly 2.5x the highest paid free safety and the most marketable face in the nfl for sponsorships outside of his nfl salary. Also with a brother making 100m.

Also a guy that had to be tagged and held out until just before camp on his last extension.

Also a guy that was injured at the time of that extension yet still received more money in the first 3 years of the deal than anyone else, even though the long term average merely matched Brady.

The Bills cannot trade a player that isn't under contract. Byrd is not under contract.

All 32 teams can sign Byrd today.

If any of 31 team that aren't the Bills sign Byrd they must give the Bills a 1st and 3rd round pick.

(Shouldn't everyone know this by now?)

And all sides could work out a sign and trade but at this point it's fairly unlikely.

Agreed but I say cut him. We are not getting a good pick and he does not want to be here. If he gave us a gentleman's agreement to not sign within the division that would cinch it for me.

Anyway I just find it weird that the Bills get two all pro safeties and the one that wants to stay gets the cold shoulder and ends up in the Super Bowl and the one that wants to leave has us begging. It is backwards.

Begging? Who's begging?