Jeff Tuel ... was a steal!

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm watching the game now in DVR and he is certainly impressive so far.

I'm going to say it. He makes Kolb dispensable. Not only that, he will make a case that he should at least get a shot before the end of pre season that he gets in there with the 1s at least once to see what he's got.

I'm watching the game now in DVR and he is certainly impressive so far.

I'm going to say it. He makes Kolb dispensable. Not only that, he will make a case that he should at least get a shot before the end of pre season that he gets in there with the 1s at least once to see what he's got.

Ideally he should, but it's not gonna happen. He'll have to study and bide his time.

The best thing about the Tuel situation is that it shows how effective our new GM's scouting ability is. He was no fluke, if you remember Tuel was the only QB for a while (if not for the whole offseason) that was brought in for a private workout IN Buffalo. So who knows what he'll develop into but I think he speaks to Doug Whaley's ability to scouts.

Tool Time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY5WxDqggbs

Hammy never had a game near what Tuel did, with the best being 11-13 for 89 yards and no TD's or INT's (completion percentage slightly better, but Tuel had 2 passes dropped) but worse average and no scores. And that was in Hamdan's 7th year (well, technically 5th, as he was out of football for 2 years after his rookie year in 2003).

Wrong... Leave the Hamdan facts to me please, he lit up NFL Europe every bit as much as Tuel did today, he looked better then Warner, 2 broken ankles further he never got his chance or maybe never got back to his pre broken ankle days, nothing to support yes or no on that one... :) That said Tuell looked very similar to Hamdan but better it pains to say me.

Edited by bladiebla

The best thing about the Tuel situation is that it shows how effective our new GM's scouting ability is. He was no fluke, if you remember Tuel was the only QB for a while (if not for the whole offseason) that was brought in for a private workout IN Buffalo. So who knows what he'll develop into but I think he speaks to Doug Whaley's ability to scouts.

Definitely good scouting, although he was signed as an undrafted free agent. But, someone from our staff must have convinced him to sign with Buffalo.

Kid got killed in college. Was sacked 119 times in 31 games and was injured a lot. Been a long time since he played behind an offensive line that could actually keep him upright!

Tuel has looked pretty great in camp. I have noticed him taking a few too many sacks in practice. Last week he also threw an interception immediately after music was turned up on the field - not sure if it was a coincidence. Here's some video I shot of that:

Also got him in a few photos - has a bit of an Eli Manning look to him:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13141302@N06/with/9490859434/