Who haven't we heard much about?

cage

Correction - McLovin is the #2 CB most of the time but Brooks has been in some at that spot. McLovin scares the sh** out of me.

McKelvin has all the physical tools to be a great CB in the NFL. The area he struggles with is turning to see the ball when it's in the air. My hope is that a much improved defense will mean that he has to hold coverage for a lot less time.

Nothing improves the play of your CB's like a DL in the QB's face!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As we get close to the first preseason game, I'm interested in any comments on some of the players that we haven't heard too much about in the early stories / anecdotes...

-- Ron Brooks,.... expecting his role to grow this year??

-- Marcus Easley,.... have seen a few notes on some long catches, but certainly not gettng much press??

-- Aaron Williams,... how is transition going to SS, depth chart that includes Byrd indicates him as the starter??

-- Marcell Dareus,... not sure how he's doing in camp at the moment??

-- Kyle Williams,... is he fully back from heel injury??

-- Manny Lawson,.... only big FA signing, but not much on how he's doing??

Any comments on these guys and others flying under the radar that I missed would be appreciated....

Manny Lawson is by no means a big FA signing. He's a rotational player. I like him for Pettine's defense and am glad we signed him, but he's not a big FA signing.

Your sentence should read either "any players" or "a player." Also, there should be a period at the end of your sentence. Lastly, "Darius" should be in quotes. You have a lot of mistakes for such a short sentence. Perhaps you shouldn't be correcting somebody else's mistakes.

Facial La Fleur,... total facial!!

Your sentence should read either "any players" or "a player." Also, there should be a period at the end of your sentence. Lastly, "Darius" should be in quotes. You have a lot of mistakes for such a short sentence. Perhaps you shouldn't be correcting somebody else's mistakes.

Why thank you sir. I didn't know we had Grammar police here.

My point is that fthere is really not much of a reason for someone to not know how the name of our 3rd year top draft pick is spelled. In fact I see that the the op was just corrected the last name earlier this morning to 'Dareus'. I have no issue with punctuation or grammatical mistakes since its easy to make those mistakes. But misspelling someone's name that has appeared multiple times in the media already? Its a bit disprespectful.

Lets try an amusing exercise . How are these names:

Bruce Smythe

Thurman Tomas

Darryl Tally

Eric Molds

McKelvin has all the physical tools to be a great CB in the NFL. The area he struggles with is turning to see the ball when it's in the air. My hope is that a much improved defense will mean that he has to hold coverage for a lot less time.

That's not a problem for a CB, is it?

Why thank you sir. I didn't know we had Grammar police here.

My point is that fthere is really not much of a reason for someone to not know how the name of our 3rd year top draft pick is spelled. In fact I see that the the op was just corrected the last name earlier this morning to 'Dareus'. I have no issue with punctuation or grammatical mistakes since its easy to make those mistakes. But misspelling someone's name that has appeared multiple times in the media already? Its a bit disprespectful.

Lets try an amusing exercise . How are these names:

Bruce Smythe

Thurman Tomas

Darryl Tally

Eric Molds

That's kind of silly.... Ol 99 has an unusual spelling... its understzndzbld to get it wring. we all know who was meant.

It's just not a common name like Jarius Bird.

I was like "wtf is this tool doing???" ^.... Then it hit.... Freaking hilarious!! Hope I don't have grammatical or spelling errors!

Scott is now listed at Will. FYI

Having Lawson everywhere is what worries me. We saw Poz everywhere.

We haven't heard from Kolb. Not in almost a week. And that disturbs me greatly. I know he is injured but this is not good at all. He needs to be on the field, leading, learning playing.

Mike Jasper

because he's with the Giants? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jasper

Matt Barkley or Ryan Nassib.

Giants | Likely will keep three QBs

Mon, 15 Jul 2013 13:42:33 -0700

The New York Giants likely will keep three quarterbacks on their final roster to allow QB Ryan Nassib develop. QB David Carr likely will be the No. 2 quarterback because Nassib may not be ready for that role.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/player/27573/nfl/gnews.php?id=860857-giants---likely-will-keep-three-qbs#ixzz2bPBaStnd

Philadelphia Eagles QB Michael Vick won the quarterback competition by a long shot over QB Nick Foles in practice Wednesday, July 31. Vick connected with WR DeSean Jackson on two long touchdown scores. Vick tossed three TDs on the day and had some nice scrambles. Foles looked average and QB Matt Barkley struggled. Foles threw an interception and Barkley was only 8-for-16 with a touchdown pass and interception. Foles has held onto the ball too long and has been indecisive.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/player/25651/NFL/Matt-Barkley#ixzz2bPC1tqTh

IMHO, he's got the tools but doesn't have the insight (talent) to go with it. His superb athltism makes up for his lackof "talent". If that dude would be able to feel the ball like Gillmore he would be elite.