How much should EJ play against the Colts?

BisonMan

I'm already pumped to see the Bills play this weekend. In particular, I'm interested in seeing EJ Manual play. I think I already know what we have in Kolb so seeing him play a quarter of the game doesn't hold a lot of revelations. EJ is a black box at this point to me.

I figure Tuel will get more reps than anyone given it's the first game. He probably plays the entire second half. Given Kolb's injury, I'm hoping EJ plays more than a quarter and starts the game against the limited time the Colts will play any first team defensive players. Let Kolb wrap up the 2nd quarter and play a couple of series.

EdW

Depends on how the game is going.

If he's taking as many sacks as he did in the scrimmage, not long.

Hopefully the sacks will be down in the game and the scrimmage was a result of our new, aggressive pass rush! :) On the other hand, I'd be OK with Spiller playing 1 series or not at all.

I'm already pumped to see the Bills play this weekend. In particular, I'm interested in seeing EJ Manual play. I think I already know what we have in Kolb so seeing him play a quarter of the game doesn't hold a lot of revelations. EJ is a black box at this point to me.

I figure Tuel will get more reps than anyone given it's the first game. He probably plays the entire second half. Given Kolb's injury, I'm hoping EJ plays more than a quarter and starts the game against the limited time the Colts will play any first team defensive players. Let Kolb wrap up the 2nd quarter and play a couple of series.

EdW

What do you mean black box <_< ? LMAO.. Just kidding... But I was wondering the same thing.. If Kolb doesn't play id say him and Jeff go half for half if Kolb does play I wonder who they start because the fact Kevin missed 3 practices and a scrimmage...

Play him long enough so when he leaves the game it's on a positive note. If that only takes a few series then that's enough. I don't want him to log significant time in either the 1st or 4th preseason games. The middle two games I'd like to see him play an entire half.

Play him long enough so when he leaves the game it's on a positive note. If that only takes a few series then that's enough. I don't want him to log significant time in either the 1st or 4th preseason games. The middle two games I'd like to see him play an entire half.

I'm down with this plan.

Going with the Costanza approach?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YaaZZN9VYs

This.

Although I don't mind him logging significant time if he is playing well.

Edited by AvengedSevenfold

Yup. Confidence is a valuable commodity...especially for a rookie. Find some for him in the first game and then build on it.