Astro-Notes: Aug 5 Scrimmage

Astrobot

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And thank you to everyone for the kind posts about the updates. Glad I could. Wasn't planning on it until I got there.

Much like Astro. Feeling very appreciated.

On another note, Stevie was no where to be found on the field. The coaches had him on the sidelines all practice. They probably realized he's just a good #2 ;-)

And thank you to everyone for the kind posts about the updates. Glad I could. Wasn't planning on it until I got there.

On another note, Stevie was no where to be found on the field. The coaches had him on the sidelines all practice. They probably realized he's just a good #2 ;-)

HA!! Well-played!

Lol! I hope he stays on the sidelines! I can't believe the depth of talent behind him! As long as Stevie's there for Games 1-19, I'm fine with it!

Edited by Astrobot

Thanks to both MRAGS and Astro! I'm smoking a montecristo, sipping G&T overlooking the St. Lawrence river and not missing a Bills scrimmage thanks to you two! Damn - life is good! Go Bills!

Look at those islands. Must be a thousand of them.

EJ is going to start out rough on Sunday, I hope the board doesn't implode. This would be much better than everything starting out like puppies and chocolate cake for him. The best way to learn is the hard way. Always.

I recall Troy Aikman' rookie season. That year was an absolute tire fire for the Cowboys.

I read that he was staring down receivers, I also read that he got a DB to bite on a stare down too. So far it's sounding well.

EJ is going to start out rough on Sunday, I hope the board doesn't implode. This would be much better than everything starting out like puppies and chocolate cake for him. The best way to learn is the hard way. Always.

I recall Troy Aikman' rookie season. That year was an absolute tire fire for the Cowboys.

I read that he was staring down receivers, I also read that he got a DB to bite on a stare down too. So far it's sounding well.

Troy Aikman came into the league a quarter century ago, the league was entirely different then.

It's not a foregone conclusion that Manuel will struggle. Cam Newton threw for over 400 yards in his first NFL game. Luck, Wilson and RG3 played at Pro Bowl levels much of last year. It's not a coincidence, it's easier for a talented QB to transition to the NFL now.

Troy Aikman came into the league a quarter century ago, the league was entirely different then.

It's not a foregone conclusion that Manuel will struggle. Cam Newton threw for over 400 yards in his first NFL game. Luck, Wilson and RG3 played at Pro Bowl levels much of last year. It's not a coincidence, it's easier for a talented QB to transition to the NFL now.

not that he's ran that much, but he has the size to fight off a rush more than many QBs (just a guess) and he's got the god given talent to run for it when the okay breaks down. I'm just hoping that Marrone is telling him that it's ok to run when his first reads aren't there.

Astro, thanks from Seattle!!!

When I heard EJ's name called on draft day, I figured he'd hold the clipboard for at least half the season. But your reports, and other sources (e.g. Peter King), make me feel he'll be lining up under center on opening day.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Tonight, he stared down Chandler and threw it to someone else. EJ's best play IMHO.

Nice recap..sounds like the story of the day was Jeff tuel. Saw a pic of him and ej... I didn't realize this kid was that big. Ej listed at 6'5 240 and tuel is no slouch at 6'3 221. Saw his interview he seems like a class act as well.

I'm reserving my optimism till the pre season games but I have to admit frank reich crossed my mind.

Hope we have some high octane tuel here!