Bills vow Doug Marrone will make them winners

papazoid

PITTSFORD, N.Y. – It was a bold thing the president and CEO of the Buffalo Bills said on the practice field at St. John Fisher College the other day. Russ Brandon hadn't meant his words to sound audacious. But he was overtaken with this ebullience, a sensation that hasn't exploded inside him in so many years. And as he talked about the new football coach he has hired – a man named Doug Marrone – he grew more and more effusive about the man's genius until the words just blurted out.

"This guy will win!' Brandon declared.

Told this was a presumptuous statement, Brandon stared hard at his questioner, eyes serious and repeated himself.

"He will win," he said. "I believe it."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--bills-vow-doug-marrone-will-make-them-winners-200622445.html

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brandon, at the very least, had a huge hand in picking Marrone. And so, the new team president needs the new HC to win or it reflects poorly on him.

Great contribution to the thread. Thanks.

"This guy will win!' Brandon declared.

Yeah, well unfortunately for Brandon and the rest of the front office weenies he has about as much credibility as a crack ho at this point.

Just shut up and have your team do it Russ! You've been talking for a decade and have been the most miserable team in the league over that stretch while hanging us out to dry based on the litany of all of your empty promises.

Here's one, if you really believe it, then put your job on the line Russ!!! How about if he doesn't win you quit?

Yeah, well unfortunately for Brandon and the rest of the front office weenies he has about as much credibility as a crack ho at this point.

Just shut up and have your team do it Russ! You've been talking for a decade and have been the most miserable team in the league over that stretch while hanging us out to dry based on the litany of all of your empty promises.

Here's one, if you really believe it, then put your job on the line Russ!!! How about if he doesn't win you quit?

Do you feel better getting that off your chest?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Brandon, at the very least, had a huge hand in picking Marrone. And so, the new team president needs the new HC to win or it reflects poorly on him.

It is people like you i wish would find another team.

I also wonder what you would do if/when the Bills win a SB. At what point during the season will you go from negative Nancy to bandwagon Bill??

Well TBH everyone's job is on the line.

So were we just waiting for Marrone when we hired the coaches of the last 13 years?

Personally, I don't put much weight in anything an executive of a for profit business says publicly. Its just a sales speech to boost profits. We've been selling hope on a three year cycle for a while now. :/

Thank you Mr. Buzz Kill. And howza bout you coming back on this board if they do start winning & give him praise for being right?

I'll praise the hell out of the front office if we turn this year's decisions into success on the field. I'd love to have that opportunity. :)

Get ready to praise Mr. Dorkington! Think about it...Wanny's vanilla & ultra predictable defense has been purged. We now have a DC that understands how to keep the opposing offense guessing. We now have an OC who's gonna run the no huddle & properly utilize Spiller. We now have a QB who knows how to win & has the skills...(c'mon guys...you all know EJ will beat out Kolb). All this & more has to translate into several more W's.

I'll praise the hell out of the front office if we turn this year's decisions into success on the field. I'd love to have that opportunity. :)

This.

+ 1

To the positive posters who bang on the negative posters, the negative have been right a lot more often than not.

To the positive posters who bang on the negative posters, the negative have been right a lot more often than not.

I can't disagree with you, but I believe the winds of change have finally blown in. Should we bash Brandon for believing that too?

This.

+ 1

I'm plenty negative when warranted. This is TC, team's tied for first, new players, coaches, FO. If you can't 'enjoy' this time of the season why do you bother?

Cause that would be stupid. And thankfully Russ isn't stupid.