Drew Brees leaves $3 tip on take-out order

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In many of those restaurants, it is the waiters/waitresses that put together your order. For example, we get take out a lot from two places down here (Sushi Rock and Flannigan's). At both of those places, the waitresses put together your order. They make less than minimum wage.

I know all about the service industry and who makes what. In the one or two times a year I get take out, the places I go its either a 16 year old who I watch take the items from the kitchen and put them in a bag (usually at very leisurely pace) or its the manager or owner who's making 6 figures and would scoff at me for even thinking about it.

I know all about the service industry and who makes what. In the one or two times a year I get take out, the places I go its either a 16 year old who I watch take the items from the kitchen and put them in a bag (usually at very leisurely pace) or its the manager or owner who's making 6 figures and would scoff at me for even thinking about it.

If a manager at the local pizza joint or sub shop is knocking down six figures then I guess Im definitely in the wrong line of work!

Next time you pick up your order it is twice what it is now, you ready to do that????

Didn't think so....

Yup. I would eat out a lot less. Maybe get healthier.

As I said, you do not have to tip. It is YOUR money. I choose to tip in restaurants other than QSRs (BK, McDonald's etc). That is my choice.

As I said, you do not have to tip. It is YOUR money. I choose to tip in restaurants other than QSRs (BK, McDonald's etc). That is my choice.

Yep and I tip 25-30% most times. If the service is great I may go as high as 50%. Get me drunk and you've got a great set of cans, I'll just hand you my wallet.

Yep and I tip 25-30% most times. If the service is great I may go as high as 50%. Get me drunk and you've got a great set of cans, I'll just hand you my wallet.

I knew that we would be able to find common ground!

For us, regular folk, tipping on carryout isn't expected and neither is it for celebrities. But, if you ARE a celebrity and decide you DO wanna leave a tip, then 3 dollars does actually seem pathetic.

We're not talking about Wesley Snipes or Chris Tucker here who evade income taxes. We're talking a player in the NFL who still makes millions.

When I was 15 working in my father's pizza shop, LL Cool J came and ordered a beef patty with cheese and coco bread. I believe the total was $3.25 at the time. He gave me 25 bucks, said thank you and left. I wasnt expecting a tip cuz just seeing him was cool enough but THAT was a decent tip.

For us, regular folk, tipping on carryout isn't expected and neither is it for celebrities. But, if you ARE a celebrity and decide you DO wanna leave a tip, then 3 dollars does actually seem pathetic.

We're not talking about Wesley Snipes or Chris Tucker here who evade income taxes. We're talking a player in the NFL who still makes millions.

When I was 15 working in my father's pizza shop, LL Cool J came and ordered a beef patty with cheese and coco bread. I believe the total was $3.25 at the time. He gave me 25 bucks, said thank you and left. I wasnt expecting a tip cuz just seeing him was cool enough but THAT was a decent tip.

So LLCoolJ leaves a $20 tip 20 years ago and that means Brees should do the same?

So LLCoolJ leaves a $20 tip 20 years ago and that means Brees should do the same?

Not at all dude... IF and ONLY if you're going to tip and you're a millionare celebrity, leave a damn decent tip and you won't make the news like how he did.

In Brees's case, I think tipping nothing would have been better than 3 dollars is what I'm saying...

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

Yes. It is called the price for PR cost of doing business as a celebrity. Social etiquette. Brees knows he is gonna be spotted. Why look like a cheapskate. Hey, I don't like as much as you or the next guy... But the terriortory comes w/a price... No need to get all idealistic. Either leave nothing (and claim it is take out if it is questioned) or do it right. Leaving 3 dollars leaves too much to question. Was the service good? Bad? is he trying to say something? 3 dollars is so out of the range, what is ne trying to say?

75 bucks in Chinese food is a hell of a lot of Chinese food... You know how many staples they probably went through to get those little food crates closed? OSHA should be notified!

But seriously, the real question is how much, if any, does Ralph tip on a take-out order? Or Russ Brandon for that matter? My issue with this is that if I am Drew Brees, I call up the manager of this restaurant and calmly ask if it is this place's policy to take pictures of customer receipts and put on the internet, because if so, I will not be returning.

tipping is out of hand in this nation.I honestly wish it would just go away all together. I always tip well, but it use to be 15% 10 years ago. Somehow prices have gone up on everything and we are now expected to tip 20% on the higher price

as for takeout that is not a service, if you have someone waiting on you that is a tip-able service, or delivering to you that is a service. Cooks in the back don't get tipped so why should a takeout order be any different . I don't tip the persn behind the cashier at a department store, not going to tip the cashier at a takeout place

exactly... sick and tired of the abuse in tipping that is happening and now EXPECTED... if I regular a takeout joint and get continuous awesome service and product I'll throw a few bucks in, but not just because.

Sit down meals I am almost always 20% unless my drink glass stays empty for too long or your bad day attitude intrudes on my space then the % points goes down

Tipping is out of hand , I agree. I prefer the European way. They actually pay their waiters a decent living wage and tipping is not expected....at least not 20%. 5-10% is acceptable and they always make a point to thank you when you tip. They actually appreciate it and not expect it.

But seriously, the real question is how much, if any, does Ralph tip on a take-out order? Or Russ Brandon for that matter? My issue with this is that if I am Drew Brees, I call up the manager of this restaurant and calmly ask if it is this place's policy to take pictures of customer receipts and put on the internet, because if so, I will not be returning.

They already made a donation to Brees' charity. I think a conversation has taken place.

I always tip on takeout. Its is not like they do nothing to put your order together. I also usually get take out from the same places and tipping goes a long way for the next time you go in. I figure if I can't afford a tip on a takeout I probably should not be ordering in the first place.

By the way... Whining about tipping is real classless. The system is not what it is in Europe. So be a man and tip with pride. That's how these people make their money. I go out with folks who don't like to tip all this time cause of work and always cover all the loser's low tips. I want to get paid fairly for the work I do. And if you wait on me at a restaurant then by all means you deserve your share.