Apparently nobody is worthy of Wall of Fame induction this year

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just exactly who from the past decade of decay from 2000 - 2010 would be a likely candidate to put up there this year?

Lee Evans?

Cornelius Bennett might be a possibility if ya want to back a bit further.

Rubin Brown's another.

Man, a lot of cats have rolled through here and collected a lot of big pay days, but not too many of stand out as Wall of Fame worthy.

Aaron Schobel.....The guy game everything on the field with ZERO Help from anyone else.....Aaron was and always will be a CLASS ACT! He definitely belongs on that wall

Just exactly who from the past decade of decay from 2000 - 2010 would be a likely candidate to put up there this year?

Lee Evans?

Cornelius Bennett might be a possibility if ya want to back a bit further.

Rubin Brown's another.

Man, a lot of cats have rolled through here and collected a lot of big pay days, but not too many of stand out as Wall of Fame worthy.

Biscuit for sure, IMO. Others I think have been overlooked:

Ron McDole

Butch Byrd

Wray Carlton

Paul Maquire

Pete Gogolak

Harry Jacobs

Tony Greene

Lucious Sanford

Jerry Butler

Reggie McKenzie

James Lofton

And, of course, Bobby Chandler#81

I agree with SJBF that Schoebel has earned it, but nobody cares..

I always felt the Electric Company should go up as a group. Individually Bennett and McDole are the most obvious. Gilchrist and Saban need to be up and will be the year after RW no longer owns the team. That they aren't and that it took 20 years to put Polian up shows how small a man RW is.

They really need to take Simpson off the wall. The fact that his name is still up there makes me sick to my stomach. He is a disgrace to the human race and it is a disgrace that this organization continues to celebrate him by keeping his name on that wall.

http://www.petitiononline.com/thejuice/petition.html'>http://www.petitiononline.com/thejuice/petition.html

I found this old thread (http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/55316-time-to-take-oj-simpson/page__st__40) and loved this post ...

coltrane34, on Nov 18 2006, 09:06 AM, said:

They should march OJ to the fifty yard line and let 80,000 people throw rocks and beer cans at him until he is dead. Then they should use the carcass to feed animals at the zoo, possibly the pigs if there are any. Then they should take his name off of the Wall and add Henry Jones.

snapback.png

As much as I want to say this would be a bit much ... I can't. It wouldn't.

Get him off the wall.

http://www.petitiononline.com/thejuice/petition.html

Get him off the wall.

Leaving him up encourages discussion and debate and allows the situation to be used as a cautionary tale. Like it or not his was found not guilty of the worst charges brought against him. If we are bringing off-field issues into play for Wall eligibility Bruce Smith is a convicted felon (DUI x3) and a confirmed drug user. Thurman Thomas is an admitted alcoholic with drug possession charges post retirement, Cornelius Bennett is a registered sex offender in the State of Florida and while he's not on the Wall he probably will be. That's as much thought/research as I feel like putting into it

I'm not equating the situations I'm suggesting that football honors remain football honors, particularly if the issues in question happened after the player retired. These guys stop playing with 30+ years left in their lives. Stupid things they do after that doesn't change the history they created when they were younger. OJ being convicted of robbery 25+ years after he played his last down as a Bill doesn't make his accomplishments as a RB less noteworthy. And, like it or not, the process found him not guilty of the other situation.

I could make a list of other players on other walls who have been in jail for significant periods of time or on multiple occasions but I doubt it would change your mind.

Leaving him up encourages discussion and debate and allows the situation to be used as a cautionary tale. Like it or not his was found not guilty of the worst charges brought against him. If we are bringing off-field issues into play for Wall eligibility Bruce Smith is a convicted felon (DUI x3) and a confirmed drug user. Thurman Thomas is an admitted alcoholic with drug possession charges post retirement, Cornelius Bennett is a registered sex offender in the State of Florida and while he's not on the Wall he probably will be. That's as much thought/research as I feel like putting into it

I'm not equating the situations I'm suggesting that football honors remain football honors, particularly if the issues in question happened after the player retired. These guys stop playing with 30+ years left in their lives. Stupid things they do after that doesn't change the history they created when they were younger. OJ being convicted of robbery 25+ years after he played his last down as a Bill doesn't make his accomplishments as a RB less noteworthy. And, like it or not, the process found him not guilty of the other situation.

I could make a list of other players on other walls who have been in jail for significant periods of time or on multiple occasions but I doubt it would change your mind.

He was found liable for the deaths of two people. It makes his entire life less noteworthy.

I always felt the Electric Company should go up as a group. Individually Bennett and McDole are the most obvious. Gilchrist and Saban need to be up and will be the year after RW no longer owns the team. That they aren't and that it took 20 years to put Polian up shows how small a man RW is.

I don't see it ever happening for Gilchrist. He only played 2 seasons here, exasperating Saban and quitting on the team at one point. With Cookie, you can spell TEAM with ME.

Saban? Yes, he should be up there.

I don't see it ever happening for Gilchrist. He only played 2 seasons here, exasperating Saban and quitting on the team at one point. With Cookie, you can spell TEAM with ME.

Saban? Yes, he should be up there.

One could say Saban quit on the team at two points.

Butch byrd ! Wtf bills

Ron McDole

Butch Byrd

Wray Carlton

Paul Maquire

Pete Gogolak

Harry Jacobs

Tony Greene

Lucious Sanford

Jerry Butler

Reggie McKenzie

James Lofton

all good choices here. The young crowd has no clue.

While he worked very hard and performed very well, there seemed to be an emotional disconnect between Schobel and the fans.

He always seemed to me like a guy who was giving an honest effort, but was also just collecting a paycheck.

He didn't seem to connect with the fanbase or the community that I can remember.

Others will correct me if I'm wrong about this.

Hard worker who never seemed to much like his job outwardly.... At the very least it often came across as work and not a guy getting paid to play a game.

That it was a job meant you knew he'd always put in the work but emotionally most didnt seem to like cheering for him as he didnt return the enthusiasm.

Edited by NoSaint

Ron McDole

Butch Byrd

Wray Carlton

Paul Maquire

Pete Gogolak

Harry Jacobs

Tony Greene

Lucious Sanford

Jerry Butler

Reggie McKenzie

James Lofton

sjbf said that Schoebel earned it??lemme go back and reread...

Edited by Tcali