Apparently nobody is worthy of Wall of Fame induction this year

Instead they're gonna pay tribute to the 28 people already on it

“We have been looking to do something different with the Wall of Fame ceremony for the past couple of years that would be of interest to all of our fans," said Bills Senior VP of Communications, Scott Berchtold. "So with all the changes this year with our team, we thought this would be the perfect time for a celebration of our organization’s highest honor. In doing so, we wanted to make a couple of updates to elements involved in the ceremony and so we have created a new logo and the Wall of Fame members will be presented with a custom-tailored navy blue sports coat. We believe the September 15th game that will feature the celebration will not only be a special day for our Wall of Famers, but certainly for our fans as well.”

I don't think I'm buying the spin.

The good news, however, is that the image they're using has the standing buffalo helmet so I'm betting this is a throwback game.

wall-of-fame-story-image.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just exactly who from the past decade of decay from 2000 - 2010 would be a likely candidate to put up there this year?

Lee Evans?

Cornelius Bennett might be a possibility if ya want to back a bit further.

Rubin Brown's another.

Man, a lot of cats have rolled through here and collected a lot of big pay days, but not too many of stand out as Wall of Fame worthy.

A few that might have a case to make the WOF

Steve Christie

Frank Reich

Scott Norwood

Don Beebe

CBF

Good choices, Chris Mohr would be another good choice as Biscuit, Woolford, Rueben, Moulds, Phat Pat, Big Ted and Moorman would.

Good choices, Chris Mohr would be another good choice as Biscuit, Woolford, Rueben, Moulds, Phat Pat, Big Ted and Moorman would.

I thought about Moorman but didnt include him on the list as he is still an active player.

I forgot about Moulds and Biscuit should be the next person on the wall

CBF

1) This feels like a self-serving thread; Rubeo you're going to need a few more years of fandom before we put you on the Wall of Fame. Or at least one Super Bowl. :D

2) Ralph is SO cheap he won't even buy *letters* anymore...

Just exactly who from the past decade of decay from 2000 - 2010 would be a likely candidate to put up there this year?

Lee Evans?

Cornelius Bennett might be a possibility if ya want to back a bit further.

Rubin Brown's another.

Man, a lot of cats have rolled through here and collected a lot of big pay days, but not too many of stand out as Wall of Fame worthy.

Chris Kelsay fit your criteria. Well, at least his lunch pail should be hung up.

Still not quite sure why Aaron Schobel doesn't get any consideration for this. Maybe just cause he hasn't been gone long enough.

While he worked very hard and performed very well, there seemed to be an emotional disconnect between Schobel and the fans.

He always seemed to me like a guy who was giving an honest effort, but was also just collecting a paycheck.

He didn't seem to connect with the fanbase or the community that I can remember.

Others will correct me if I'm wrong about this.