Apparently nobody is worthy of Wall of Fame induction this year

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was a good player but there are several others that I'd vote for before Schobel for sure.

One of them was our ex-neighbor, Butch Byrd.

that's what I thought you said/implied

Edited by Tcali

Not to hijack the thread but I believe that suicide is a more complicated issue than just a matter of quitting.

There may be a component of mental illness involved.

I'm talking about how he jumped from job to job. He was brought to my college (SUNY Alfred) to start up our football program, then quit just weeks before the season even started.

I'm talking about how he jumped from job to job. He was brought to my college (SUNY Alfred) to start up our football program, then quit just weeks before the season even started.

no doubt he had an unusual mind......you can look at that as a positive as well

LOL.

He did that at the University of Cincinnati also.

I guess my earlier misunderstood answer about mental illness still applies to Lou.

He was an interesting and enigmatic guy.

LOL.

He did that at the University of Cincinnati also.

I guess my earlier misunderstood answer about mental illness still applies to Lou.

He was an interesting and enigmatic guy.

guys like lou made life interesting.

my pops kinda knew him--lou did a commercial for him

Edited by Tcali

Saban's a quitter, not only with the Bills, but later in life also. No way he should be on the Wall.

Only 1 coach has ever won any type of Championship with this franchise and he's not on the Wall of Fame and he won 2. What criteria are we using for eligibility? Even if you want to equate Marv's 4 AFC Championships to Lou's 2 AFL Championships that's fine, nobody else has won any. It's insane that he's not up there for twice delivering what we've been searching for ever since. The only reason he's not on is because of the Lou v. RW dynamic and that's sad.

He was found liable for the deaths of two people. It makes his entire life less noteworthy.

Whitewashing history is bad practice and it happens too often. Have the stones to tell the whole story. Like the NCAA vacating Paterno's wins after the Sandusky fiasco. That's the convenient solution because it allows people to shove the subject out of their minds rather than to actually have to have a thought and grapple with the dichotomy that many famous people are. We like everything neat and black or white, it's not that way, and we lessen ourselves in the future when we attempt to rewrite the events of the world to fit that model. Keeping it up forces people to be grown ups and to actually revisit this issue on occasion and have some introspection regarding their own feelings about a person they once admired.

Roscoe Parrish

Shawn Bryson

Eric Moulds

Biscuit

Moorman

TO

Terrance McGee

Sam Cowart

Angelo Crowell

what a joke these names are....except moulds and bennett You dont add guys who were good for 3-4 years and you dont add guys who were never good, like parrish or bryson, TO i would think about striking his name from the media guide before adding him to any wall....I believe his names already on several rest room walls in the ralph though, asking for dates.

there should be no argument from anybody that Cookie Gilchrist is currently the biggest omission.

people need to brush up on the team's history and stop only suggesting recent players... 50+ years, folks...

Please tell me this is sarcastic?! Shawn Bryson? Angelo Crowell -- a below average linebacker who had no career.

TO played for one season, he is ineligible. you need to have played for at least three seasons...

Roscoe Parrish

Shawn Bryson

Eric Moulds

Biscuit

Moorman

TO

Terrance McGee

Sam Cowart

Angelo Crowell

there should be no argument from anybody that Cookie Gilchrist is currently the biggest omission.

people need to brush up on the team's history and stop only suggesting recent players... 50+ years, folks...

Please tell me this is sarcastic?! Shawn Bryson? Angelo Crowell -- a below average linebacker who had no career.

TO played for one season, he is ineligible. you need to have played for at least three seasons...

Cookie only played about 30 games as a Bill, which simply isn't long enough. Impact? Definitely. But only 2 seasons.

The post you reference HAS to be sarcastic. <I hope..>

Again butch byrd! Anyone want to argue that

The should put a moment on the wall - The Comeback. You can't put a career back-up QB on the wall. None of our kickers were all world. Cookie and The Comeback are the only truly deserving names for the wall.

please! You better look who leads the team history in INTs

Cookie only played about 30 games as a Bill, which simply isn't long enough. Impact? Definitely. But only 2 seasons.

The post you reference HAS to be sarcastic. <I hope..>

kinda agree.

What's the point, with the team moving and all ;)

HA HA! HA! ha... hmmmm.

While this may one day come to pass, your comment makes for an interesting thought. I think it's unlikely the team would keep the BILLS name as it otherwise goes with nothing. Ergo, all team history would be left to the books. Other teams like the Colts, Cardinals, Rams and Raiders who kept the team name in new cities, carried their history with them to their new locale.

Thanks for ruining my day! ; )