Class reunion this year, (40th) have you ever attended yours?

mead107

This October 12 th will be my 40th, have never made any in the past. Have keep in touch with only a hand full over the years. Class size about 365. My kids went to same high school, Burnt Hills.

Only 139 have checked in to our website. So far 10 known that have passed on. Has been fun checking it out. Would still like to know what has become of a few others.

Any of you ever go to any of your reunions?

i went to my 30th a couple years ago, it was my first reunion. You still need to work hard to get the smile off my face from the fun we had and the people i saw after so long..we had a couple/few hundred show up from our class of 980. It was an awesome time and I will definitely do another one in the future...

Class of Frontier Central High School, 1979 (Hamburg, NY)

I have been to some of them. impact varies to whether you stayed in area or moved out; if you stayed locally it is easier to keep in touch. I used to see occasional person I knew at Townhouse, a bar near my high school, when I came in town and sometimes a friend of one of my brothers or sisters would strike up conversation asking how my brother or sister was doing.

Reunions are strange for sometimes there are people there who you do not remember even being in school there and I have yearbooks from each year to look people up (we all wear name tags with picture from reunion to help us remember). In the last reunion there were plenty of people there and few I had much to do with. Their appeared to be some party previous night (Bachelorette or wedding, do not remember which) which caused many to miss it. I had a few talking like we were close friends I do not remember at all

I was class president my senior year. I thought it would look great on a resume, but instead I had to organize a reunion every 5 years. That said, every one of them has been a blast. Coming up on 35 in a couple years.

Seeing I was very close to my classmates (class of about 120) and were with a good portion of them from day one in kindergarten to the last day of high school and I moved away right after I graduated I've gone to the 10th, 20th and 30th. All three have been a ton of fun. My 30th we stayed up shooting the **** until 5:30am when I realized my brother was picking me up in 30 minutes to go to the airport.

Edited by Chef Jim

I graduated in 2000. I didn't bother going to my 10th. Not to be a Debbie Downer but I have moved on with my life. The kid I was then is not the man I am today. I have only spoke to two people I knew in High School in the last 3 years, maybe. There is maybe only 1 or 2 I would actually feel like talking to...one was a good friend, another maybe my best friend. My prom date, too, I guess. She was class Pres (a year younger) for her Junior and Senior year...so she has to set those things up - ha.

I guess, if I went it would only be to get some action...but I am sure 10 years later they didn't all hold up.

Class of 75 Irondequoit (outside Rochester) really goes overboard...3 or 4 small ones every year with 25-40 attendees, 1 good size one every year with 75-100 attendees, and the traditional real big one every 5 years. I make 1-2 a year and most of the traditional 5 year.

Edited by Steve O

I graduated in 2000. I didn't bother going to my 10th. Not to be a Debbie Downer but I have moved on with my life. The kid I was then is not the man I am today. I have only spoke to two people I knew in High School in the last 3 years, maybe. There is maybe only 1 or 2 I would actually feel like talking to...one was a good friend, another maybe my best friend. My prom date, too, I guess. She was class Pres (a year younger) for her Junior and Senior year...so she has to set those things up - ha.

I guess, if I went it would only be to get some action...but I am sure 10 years later they didn't all hold up.

Man HS must have sucked for you.

Class of 1991 here. We had a pre-reunion party the night before our twentyieth at some trendy downtown bar. Pretty much only singles showed up that night, and I left my girl at home, so I had a very good time. It was a bit awkword the next night for a few of us though ;-). The reunion was at a hotel, and luckily for me, my girlfriend drank heavily and went back to our room early. So one of the ladys from the night before and I picked up right where we left off. What a bunch of sluts my classmates turned into! I was actually pleasantly surprised at how well a lot of them have held up.

Edited by Stranger in a Strange Land

Man HS must have sucked for you.

it didn't suck. I just didn't fit in with the preppy upper middle class kids I went to school with...driving Lexus', having parents let them host house parties, etc. I was pretty grounded in HS. I had a lot of experiences and enjoyed a lot of times. My class of 400? was diverse but still not a type I enjoyed. I've always been a lone wolf.

Jesus...there was no such thing as Lexus(or Nissan) when I went to high school...and my sisters and i had house parties...not necessarily with our parents permission (or knowledge for that matter)

it didn't suck. I just didn't fit in with the preppy upper middle class kids I went to school with...driving Lexus', having parents let them host house parties, etc. I was pretty grounded in HS. I had a lot of experiences and enjoyed a lot of times. My class of 400? was diverse but still not a type I enjoyed. I've always been a lone wolf.

No preppies for us. Dazed and Confused nailed it. Martha Washington was a hip, hip, hip lady man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvj4Ng6yinA

Edited by Chef Jim

Jesus...there was no such thing as Lexus(or Nissan) when I went to high school...and my sisters and i had house parties...not necessarily with our parents permission (or knowledge for that matter)

Well, the parents here let the kids do it. The parents just didn't care. The hypocrisy in my town was amazing. So much...crap

No preppies for us. Dazed and Confused nailed it. Marth Washington was a hip, hip, lady man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvj4Ng6yinA

Mine would not quite be Clueless. Maybe just a few notches above Can't Hardly Wait, American Pie, and Angus.

Have my 15th coming up in a couple weeks. Missed my 5th and my 10th...figured everyone I cared to see from my graduating class I still keep in touch with. I'm actually thinking about attending this one though. My high school (Auburn, NY) now does reunions by the decades. Figured I'd run into a lot of my lacrosse buddies from the 90's classes. Hopefully it will be a good time.

This year is my 25th, but so far the only planning that has gone into it is someone asking on FB if a weekend in August would work. I did go to my 20th, which again, was just one of the graduates that owned a bar in town hosted it. Nothing big and exciting. I have a feeling the 25th would be the same.

I never did get to go to any of mine. Queen Elizabeth High School (Halifax Nova Scotia) class of '80. Obviously it's a bit of a haul to get there. And now they've torn down the school. I went to one of my wife's reunions but really not a whole lot there if you only know a couple of people. Open bar was good tho.

Skipped my 10th because I didn't really care about it.

Went to my 20th and it was terrible. FB hadn't really gotten off the ground yet and it was difficult for a lot of people to be notified. The biggest problem is that the ones putting it together focused on their buddies and failed to notify the other 3/4 of the class. My school was very cliquey, and many of those idiots haven't grown out of it yet. My close friends and I were a rare group that got along with everyone, so we found out about it. There was hardly anyone there and it was in a bar.

No dinner. No formalities. Nothing.

25th is this year and it's the same unorganized crap being put together by a couple idiots I couldn't stand 25 years ago.

We'll see what 30 brings in five years.

The fun ones are going to your girlfriend/wife's reunions for the first time. I went to her 10th last year and I couldn't understand how that school produced her. It was in very rural NH and she was one of maybe 3 who actually left the hometown and doesn't have some form of outdoor manual labor job. It was also fun when two snobby stuck up girls stopped by clearly wanting to show off the rocks on their fingers. Now the one I gave her is nothing too crazy, but once they saw it they immediately shut up.

Skipped my 10th because I didn't really care about it.

Went to my 20th and it was terrible. FB hadn't really gotten off the ground yet and it was difficult for a lot of people to be notified. The biggest problem is that the ones putting it together focused on their buddies and failed to notify the other 3/4 of the class. My school was very cliquey, and many of those idiots haven't grown out of it yet. My close friends and I were a rare group that got along with everyone, so we found out about it. There was hardly anyone there and it was in a bar.

No dinner. No formalities. Nothing.

25th is this year and it's the same unorganized crap being put together by a couple idiots I couldn't stand 25 years ago.

We'll see what 30 brings in five years.

that is about like my 10th was. I didn't know about it. Was not told. It was not even on Facebook. It was maybe 50 people at best who showed up to some podunk bar.

I don't keep in touch but many of my classmates are very well off today. And I am sure they do not care aboit HS