Patriots' Hernandez arrested in homicide investigation

But when you've got a state like California, where their four billion dollar program executes eight people, a ****head like Charles Ng rings up eight figures in court costs with constant appeals, and a criminal like Richard Ramirez - an !@#$ as deserving of execution as anyone - dies of liver failure waiting on death row...that's not "The death penalty is too expensive" as much as "Your penal system is FUBAR'd."

In fairness, California had a special election about this and a majority of residents voted overwhelming to reduce the number of appeals and expedite the death penalty itself.

But, you know California. The state didn't like the result, so it appealed to a court that agreed with it.

(EDIT: No, this didn't actually happen and Tom knows this.)

Edited by LABillzFan

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fairness, California had a special election about this and a majority of residents voted overwhelming to reduce the number of appeals and expedite the death penalty itself.

But, you know California. The state didn't like the result, so it appealed to a court that agreed with it.

(EDIT: No, this didn't actually happen and Tom knows this.)

No, but they did place a moratorium on executions because the lethal injection chamber was cramped, dark, and used to be the gas chamber...all of which was deemed to cause unnecessary pain and suffering and thus be a civil rights violation of the about-to-be-executed.

(No, I'm not making that up. It's been maybe five years, and the courts are still saying "Nope, not pleasant enough. Make it more sunny.")

Yea, ankle monitors can't be tampered with....

http://northcountryn...hie-bill-088617

But this horrific case shows that they are far from fool-proof. My bill seeks to create a strong deterrent for continued criminal activity, a valuable tool for law enforcement, and an additional level of protection to keep the community safe,” Ritchie said.

Law enforcers said that Renz removed his ankle monitoring device before attacking and killing Lori Bresnahan, an ex-Oswego school librarian, and raping a 10-year-old girl in a central New York parking lot in March.

The bill, S.5422-A, would make it a felony for an offender to tamper with a monitoring device, adding up to four years of prison time if a crime is committed following the tampering or up to one year if no crime is committed.

So wait...a guy removes his ankle bracelet, commits six separate class A felonies, each of which alone carries a life sentence (and one life without parole)...and this yahoo thinks four years for removing the ankle bracelet will be a deterrent?

:wallbash:

Why post an opinion, if you don't want people to react to it (especially one that implies some kind of special understanding of the situation)?

Your post implies that you figured out that someone ratted him out, and I have no idea what there is about his becoming a suspect that indicated someone snitching on him. It appears more likely that the evidence pointed right at him, and that is one of the key points that makes the story interesting, the ineptness of the crime.

I stated it was my impression, not my special understanding. And if you want to ask why, go for it, but acting afool like I did something absurd by saying that it felt to me like someone talked is simply being a jackass.

When he was arrested, there was no weapon and questionable motive; purely circumstantial evidence. To me, that's shaky ground for murder 1. That made me believe that someone helped the police establish motive, a key component in determining if the crime was premeditated. If the timeline is accurate that the victim told others about Hernandez's involvement in previous crimes, that would establish motive. That info had to come from somewhere...

Feel better now?

@WFAN660

Patriots offering new jerseys to all fans who want to get rid of ones they bought with Aaron Hernandez's name on it | http://cbsloc.al/13eDBTm

I hate the Patriots and disapprove of their very existence, but I think they have handled this situation well. They could have waited for him not to report and saved cap space/money (and likely a legal fight with him), but they released him. They could have ignored the jerseys, but they are going to get them off the street.

I stated it was my impression, not my special understanding. And if you want to ask why, go for it, but acting afool like I did something absurd by saying that it felt to me like someone talked is simply being a jackass.

When he was arrested, there was no weapon and questionable motive; purely circumstantial evidence. To me, that's shaky ground for murder 1. That made me believe that someone helped the police establish motive, a key component in determining if the crime was premeditated. If the timeline is accurate that the victim told others about Hernandez's involvement in previous crimes, that would establish motive. That info had to come from somewhere...

Feel better now?

No.

I hate the Patriots and disapprove of their very existence, but I think they have handled this situation well. They could have waited for him not to report and saved cap space/money (and likely a legal fight with him), but they released him. They could have ignored the jerseys, but they are going to get them off the street.

Kraft and the hoodie may be tools, but they put up with this kind of stuff.

Man, it's been a horrible couple of weeks for Boston area sports fans. Firs the Hernandez story, then the Bruins implode in the final seconds of game 6, then their Celtics get parted out. You're up, Sox.

Man, it's been a horrible couple of weeks for Boston area sports fans. Firs the Hernandez story, then the Bruins implode in the final seconds of game 6, then their Celtics get parted out. You're up, Sox.

I didn't think about it that way. That's awesome. :lol:

Kraft and the hoodie may be tools, but they put up with this kind of stuff.

Ray Allen winning with the heat....

And all that ignoring the much more serious marathon incident

Boston Globe sources: Boston Police investigating 2012 double murder have seized in Bristol, CT a silver SUV linked to the crime.

https://twitter.com/WesleyLowery

Speculation that Lloyd knew about Hernandez's involvement with that drive-by; killed because he knew too much and AH thought he was talking about it to the wrong people?

Dude screwthe Pats. The jersey exchange is to keep egg off their face exposing Hernandez name again associated with the Pats. Its trying to save face. I want a Hernandez jersey. I will wear it to the opener .

Dude screwthe Pats. The jersey exchange is to keep egg off their face exposing Hernandez name again associated with the Pats. Its trying to save face. I want a Hernandez jersey. I will wear it to the opener .

I think it's a pretty solid move on the part of the Pats. Considering how expensive jerseys are I would be pissed if I got an AH jersey recently and then this happens.

I think it's a pretty solid move on the part of the Pats. Considering how expensive jerseys are I would be pissed if I got an AH jersey recently and then this happens.

Epitome of win win. They don't want anyone seen in his jersey, many dont want to own his jersey. Both get what they want.