Patriots' Hernandez arrested in homicide investigation

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll actually be ex-Giant Jake Ballard I believe.

I wouldn't expect too much out of Ballard. He tore his ACL in the SB last year, and "is close to 100%." That's not encouraging (for them, that is).

So, one would assume that the Pats spoke to Hernandez directly and he told them something otherwise they wouldn't take this step. How long until Hoody's subpeona arrives?

I would say there is literally zero chance he confessed something to the Pats. The Pats released him because he was arrested, is being sued for shooting someone in the face, and for his indisputable guilt of at the very least obstruction of justice.

i wouldnt assume that at all. in fact id say its incredibly unlikely.

It just seems to be a pretty drastic step to take given the lack of an arrest or publicly leaked information to clearly indicate Hernandez's role specifically. This is going to take a long time to play out and NFL justice will take time as well. If they so chose they could probably stretch this out for the balance of the season and have him playing.

If they felt it was a distraction they could have suspended him in the short term for conduct detrimental and kicked the can down the road.

They asked him to leave the facility already. They didn't necessarily sit him down and ask him questions but if he was talking informally about the situation with anyone and said something that indicated a really bad situation then that would change the situation. It also wouldn't surprise me in the least if Hoody Central's internal security cameras recorded a conversation between Hernandez and someone else.

The cart is a bit before the horse and it begs some questions about what they know. Maybe they're being proactive. But this IS the Patriots we're talking about.

-edit- Did not realize he'd been arrested this morning. Interesting to see what he'll be ultimately charged with. They start small and tack on as evidence develops would be my guess.

Edited by DJasper Probincrux III

I doubt AH told the Pats anything, but that they know what the police found/have against him and believe he was the shooter. In any case, all I cared about was him being out of the division.

I am going to get skewered for saying this, but for this moment I appreciate what the Pats* did here. They cut ties with a potential law-breaker/obstructer and a team distraction. Yes, they took a risk in drafting him but have now cut ties with that mistake. Can't find much to hate about their action.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

I doubt AH told the Pats anything, but that they know what the police found/have against him and believe he was the shooter. In any case, all I cared about was him being out of the division.

I'm not a lawyer but if AH confessed anything to the Pats it is not a protected conversation and could be used against him in a court of law. Maybe a lawyer on the board can answer question for me, this but if AH did confess a crime to the Pats, are they obligated to report this to the police?

I'm not a lawyer but if AH confessed anything to the Pats it is not a protected conversation and could be used against him in a court of law. Maybe a lawyer on the board can answer question for me, this but if AH did confess a crime to the Pats, are they obligated to report this to the police?

Not any more than anyone else is. Morality would suggest they do it. Since he went to the facility after this stuff started I would be shocked if employees weren't interviewed about what he said/did and his demeanor while he was there. I'd sort of assume that the cops would want to search his stuff and watch internal surveillance video to see if he disposed of any evidence while there.