Willis McGahee needs a job: Cut by the Broncos

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even close to the same player. Willis was a solid rb. Spiller is special. McGahee had 50 20+ yardage players in his career and 7 40+ ones in 9 years. http://www.nfl.com/p...674/careerstats In 3 years, CJ has 30 20+ plays and 7 40+ ones. http://www.nfl.com/p...204/careerstats

Willis was one of the worst draft picks in Bills' history (but TD was a football guy!!!). He is exactly the type of rb you can find anywhere. It could be argued that undrafted FA Fred Jackson was a better running back. Spiller is the rare rb who is very worth a high pick. It's laughable now that people were so quick to call him a bust. He is a top 5 weapon in the NFL.

don't feed the trolls.

With Ridley, Bolden, and Blount on the roster....I'm not really seeing a need.

Edit: Forgot about Vereen.

You would think that would be enough...but rumour had it they were interested in Ahmad Bradshaw just a few days ago, before the Colts singed him. Could have just been one of those "agent-leaked" stories to drive up his price a little..but you would think an agent would pick a team with bigger needs at RB than the Pats. As someone said, any time a good football player is available, the Pats are interested...whether it is a glaring need or not. BB likes vets, especially at RB.

Edited by Buftex

Willis was one of the worst draft picks in Bills' history (but TD was a football guy!!!). He is exactly the type of rb you can find anywhere. It could be argued that undrafted FA Fred Jackson was a better running back. Spiller is the rare rb who is very worth a high pick. It's laughable now that people were so quick to call him a bust. He is a top 5 weapon in the NFL.

I'm not so sure I would be down on Willis that much. After a great college career ending with a horrible injury, he was able to carve out a 10 year NFL career gaining 9,400 yards and 68 TD's. Not many guys can approach those accomplishments.

Fred has 6,000 yards, 24 TD's. I was surprised FJ had that much yards. Not bad either for a FA

I'm not so sure I would be down on Willis that much. After a great college career ending with a horrible injury, he was able to carve out a 10 year NFL career gaining 9,400 yards and 68 TD's. Not many guys can approach those accomplishments.

Fred has 6,000 yards, 24 TD's. I was surprised FJ had that much yards. Not bad either for a FA

And there's this little fact on Willis' career:

"McGahee’s 33 career 100-yard rushing games are tied for the second most among active players." - Sirius NFL Radio just mentioned this too...

Obviously he's not too awful!

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-Release-Willis-McGahee/9cdcc254-4570-46ea-a517-06e609345bb3

Never said he was terrible. He was solid. 4.1 ypc, solid nothing special (FJax averages 4.5 ypc, Spiller 5.4). But he was a dime a dozen rb. He was not worth blowing a 1st rounder on. Especially when you consider he had to essentially redshirt a year and had a pro bowl type rb on the roster already.

Since becoming a Bills fan in the late 80s, TD was the worst GM in Bills' history. Ralph gave him complete control and picks like Willis and Roscoe were examples of why he was so bad.

But he was a dime a dozen rb. He was not worth blowing a 1st rounder on.

His career stat's are not dime a dozen stats though.

The pick was a roll of the dice hoping he would recover to be a huge star. Didn't pan out, and as you say I'm not sure I would have done it either, but Travis Henry was pretty unstable to rely on too. Remember the charges of underage sex against TH

Not even close to the same player. Willis was a solid rb. Spiller is special. McGahee had 50 20+ yardage players in his career and 7 40+ ones in 9 years. http://www.nfl.com/p...674/careerstats In 3 years, CJ has 30 20+ plays and 7 40+ ones. http://www.nfl.com/p...204/careerstats

I never made any comparison between the players. But I like how you say that to make it LOOK like I compared them.....because the d-bags that might respond positively to your rant-rums typically don't read well. Way to know your audience. :thumbsup:

Point of the post is that runnin' bax in round 1 are a luxury pick. It's like the Bills have been shopping at some shady store that let's them use their food stamps on beer and smokes. When you are a broke-ass organization you need to spend your chips more wisely. You are perennial playoff team drafting late in round 1 with very few needs? Have at it. The past decade plus of results indicate that it won't really help you all that much in your quest to clear that last hurdle and win that SB...........but if you want to indulge then at least you've earned that right.

Those rb's are always shiny and wonderful to people like yourself when they are new(and still with the team) but then when they either flame out early or go on to long career elsewhere they are just mediocre to you. I am sure the formerly beloved "Beast Mode" is mediocre to you too. McGahee may very well end up with 10,000 yards rushing and you are dogging him like he has been just another guy. Try following the NFL, it might sharpen your perspective. :lol:

His career stat's are not dime a dozen stats though.

The pick was a roll of the dice hoping he would recover to be a huge star. Didn't pan out, and as you say I'm not sure I would have done it either, but Travis Henry was pretty unstable to rely on too. Remember the charges of underage sex against TH

The thought process that you need a first round type running back that you can rely on.....otherwise you are screwed......is why the Bills draft so many runnin' bax high and one of the tangible reasons why they have been a losing organization for most of their existence.

Edited by BADOLBEELZ

He did not want to go to OTAs.

He found it is optional that Broncos keep him and exercised option.

Optional goes both ways.

It would be fitting if his long history of prioritizing his leisure time over ota's ended up costing him one last paycheck.

Flash forward 4 years from now: CJ Spiller released by Arizona Cardinals.....his third team in 3 years....Bills organization lauded for not extending his contract and instead shrewdly avoiding a bad contract by drafting his replacement in the first round of 2014 NFL draft.

Geez DD, you really are miserable sometimes.

And it's not good for your sense of humor, either.