Jason Peters: holdout check, arrest check

A glorifed RT who is lazy and immature and makes $10 million/ year to led his team to a 6-10 record (and a loss to his old team). OT is the most overrated position in the NFL.

Really? You don't think that blaming the team's only All-Pro for their record and loss to his old team (a game in which he didn't play by the way) is a bit overboard?

Face it, the guy held out, got his paycheck, and has continued to perform as one of the top LTs in the game. Minimize the position if you want, lambaste him for his attitude and off-field behavior, lampoon his sheer idiocy...yes, all that makes sense, but don't make ignorant comments about his on-field performance. You're better than that.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You people kill me...Outside of Schoebel, another TBD favorite(sarcasm for the dull), Peters was the most talented player on this team in the last ten years. You all get your nuts in a twist over cutting the punter but don't care that the team traded away a franchise LT. If you want to argue LT's are overrated in todays short drop quick throw league I am down with that. But at the time he was the best LT in the league, and he got the money the market was paying.

I understand why they traded Peters, but the cycle continues. The pick turned into Wood... who is a lesser player than Levitre drafted that year, and they let him go.

And Peters was arguably the best LT in football for 2 years until the achilles' tear. When he tries, he's unquestionably among the elite.

Really? You don't think that blaming the team's only All-Pro for their record and loss to his old team (a game in which he didn't play by the way) is a bit overboard?

Face it, the guy held out, got his paycheck, and has continued to perform as one of the top LTs in the game. Minimize the position if you want, lambaste him for his attitude and off-field behavior, lampoon his sheer idiocy...yes, all that makes sense, but don't make ignorant comments about his on-field performance. You're better than that.

Fair enough but he still acted like a child & was very selfish. If he showed after his holdout in shape, I won't dislike him as much.

But again, with Mike Vick, he's a RT. He isn't a blindside protector. It also goes to show that OT is an overrated position & not worth putting huge money into.

I understand why they traded Peters, but the cycle continues. The pick turned into Wood... who is a lesser player than Levitre drafted that year, and they let him go.

And Peters was arguably the best LT in football for 2 years until the achilles' tear. When he tries, he's unquestionably among the elite.

How much less of a player is Wood than Levitre? It's a very slim difference. Wood has performed at a pro bowl level. His giant question mark is health.

But given that C is such a more important position the G, Wood is a much higher priority than Levitre (if they believe he can stay healthy).

I remember speaking with Jim McNally about Peters some years ago. He had such high hopes about Peters and said he would be a top tackle in the league (came true). However, it really is a shame watching all these talented guys making idiotic mistakes. It drives me crazy.

How much less of a player is Wood than Levitre? It's a very slim difference. Wood has performed at a pro bowl level. His giant question mark is health.

But given that C is such a more important position the G, Wood is a much higher priority than Levitre (if they believe he can stay healthy).

i think wood is as good or better when healthy - but i would say calling center "much more important than guard" ignores the reality that the NFL doesnt seem to agree and is paying guards much better than centers these days.

The Peters era in Buffalo was a debacle.

The signings of Derrick Dockery and Langston Walker were very ill-advised and regardless of re-done contracts, the Bills were underpaying Peters.

From a purely business standpoint I supported the player in the impasse with the Bills.

That said, I took the fact of Peters' Orchard Park house being hit by lightning and burning down two years ago to be an act of karma and I think that as a person that Peters is a piece of ****.

i think wood is as good or better when healthy - but i would say calling center "much more important than guard" ignores the reality that the NFL doesnt seem to agree and is paying guards much better than centers these days.

I'll just say that, according to an off-season survey last year, Wood is generally considered among the league's best OLmen (not just centers). No mention of Levitre:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82965009/article/nfl-podium-awards-jahri-evans-headlines-offensive-linemen

There was a long list of candidates for this last spot on the podium. The offensive and defensive line coaches that I spoke with were very high on Ravens guard Marshal Yanda. Another name that kept popping up was a bit of a sleeper on the national scene: Bills center Eric Wood. However, Nicks was given the nod because of his freakish size, strength and ability to protect the passer. He is impossible to penetrate in the pass game because he has quick feet, a strong base and excellent balance. He has dominant moments in the run game, displaying the strength and power to knock defenders off the ball. If not for a few mental lapses, Nicks would have a legitimate case to claim the top spot on this list.

And remember, that's NFL OL and DL coaches he's referring to.

The Peters era in Buffalo was a debacle.

The signings of Derrick Dockery and Langston Walker were very ill-advised and regardless of re-done contracts, the Bills were underpaying Peters.

From a purely business standpoint I supported the player in the impasse with the Bills.

That said, I took the fact of Peters' Orchard Park house being hit by lightning and burning down two years ago to be an act of karma and I think that as a person that Peters is a piece of ****.

^ this

The latest comment on the link had a good comment.

“He’s just not here”, offered the spokesman, who declined to elaborate whether he thought the problem involved drug usage, cumulative brain damage, or the triggering of a latent genetic defect.

I remember speaking with Jim McNally about Peters some years ago. He had such high hopes about Peters and said he would be a top tackle in the league (came true). However, it really is a shame watching all these talented guys making idiotic mistakes. It drives me crazy.

What mistake did he make? He forced his way out of a loser organization, made tons of money, and still played at a Pro-Bowl level...you are just upset because you are likely still living with your parents...

It's good to see the Peters' hate is still alive and well at TBD. Is there any money in that? It seems to me that hate requires way to much energy to hold onto when money isn't on the line. For all you haters, I say keep it up if it works for you. Just remember that living in the past means you are already dead.

It's good to see the Peters' hate is still alive and well at TBD. Is there any money in that? It seems to me that hate requires way to much energy to hold onto when money isn't on the line. For all you haters, I say keep it up if it works for you. Just remember that living in the past means you are already dead.

I see your hate for your fellow posters is alive and well. It seems to me that hate requires way to much energy to hold onto when money isn't on the line. For all you haters, I say keep it up if it works for you. Just remember that living in the past means you are already dead.

Bruce Smith may have been a "me first" kind of guy, BUT, having said he was the best and should be paid like the best, HE BACKED IT UP AND EARNED EVERY PENNY ON SUNDAYS.

Bruce Smith didn't quit mid-contract, he continued to perform and subsequently was paid.

Jason Peters stopped working, allowing his body and attunement with the offense to deteriorate, thus reducing his value to the team. The team watched substandard performances for half a season, (he couldn't even crack the line up in the early season if I recall) culminating in a game-ending play against the Jets where he wiffed on a defensive back that he should have destroyed allowing a sack/fumble/6 on his QB turning a win into a loss. Having not self-evaluated his play for 2008 and recognizing a problem, he again held out, compounding his deterioration for the 2009 season upcoming. Buffalo saw 2008 again and fortunately traded him while the iron was still hot from outstanding performances in 2006-07. Buffalo reaped decent picks from a dead weight who made the choice not to continue bettering himself and maintaining his value.

If any of us quit performing at our jobs instead of proving our value to the organization (even though we may be underpaid) guess what would happen? It's the same in the NFL for the most part and most times players ARE rewarded for becoming outstanding unlike real life, unfortunately. Jason Peters made the choice to quit, the Bills, having intimate knowledge of the guy and the situation, made the right call.

Firemedic

What mistake did he make? He forced his way out of a loser organization, made tons of money, and still played at a Pro-Bowl level...you are just upset because you are likely still living with your parents...

Is that what he got arrested for?

This is not so much Peters hate as it is LOLs at the Peters fanboys who insist the Bills lost a player that mattered in the long run.

In the years Peters has been out of Buffalo he has proven over and over the Bills did the right thing.

Peters is not a player you invest in heavily. He lacks the heart and the passion for the game that the great players possess.

PTR

• 2 weeks later...

Ever since this thread I thought it would be worth asking actual Eagles fans what they think of Peters. So I started a thread at Igglesphans.com. So far most love Peters. The rest told me to get lost.

http://igglephans.co...d=1#post1708083

This guy takes it pretty hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ILAN5M0gYb0

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot