Jason Peters: holdout check, arrest check

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So glad this guy isn't a Bill any more. Some really wanted him to stay when he was holding out, but I had a feeling he was just playing for his contract. One good year and that's it. Good riddance.

Probably his agent's idea to try to get him traded to team with Superbowl aspirations.

Or Peters sees Eagles' QBs and realizes that he may not have left handed Vick and might have to do job of actual left tackle.

So glad this guy isn't a Bill any more. Some really wanted him to stay when he was holding out, but I had a feeling he was just playing for his contract. One good year and that's it. Good riddance.

He was just playing out his contract. After his poor 2008 season, he told the Bills he'd be with them for 2 more (likely again, poor) seasons and then be gone, so they traded him. And he actually said he was surprised when they traded him. LOL!

Word is that the Eagles cut his scheduled $7.9M 2012 base pay by $3.25M to pay for Demetress Bell to be his replacement, since his injury was sustained away from the team's complex. If he misses more OTA's or minicamp time, I'd surmise he might be miffed about that.

Jason Peters caught JP Losman's first TD throw.

That is all.

And all five (catch, pass, td, Peters, Losman) mean about as much today as a fart in the wind. You know it happened, but no one around will say anything about it (or care for that matter) :)

He was just playing out his contract. After his poor 2008 season, he told the Bills he'd be with them for 2 more (likely again, poor) seasons and then be gone, so they traded him. And he actually said he was surprised when they traded him. LOL!

Word is that the Eagles cut his scheduled $7.9M 2012 base pay by $3.25M to pay for Demetress Bell to be his replacement, since his injury was sustained away from the team's complex. If he misses more OTA's or minicamp time, I'd surmise he might be miffed about that.

Good luck getting the Eagles to re-negotiate coming off of that injury. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

http://articles.philly.com/2012-05-16/news/31727721_1_jason-peters-eagles-and-ravens-injury

Edited by first_and_ten

The sour-grapes flavored hatred for Peters around here is just pathetic.

He misses one day and it's a holdout. Our guys miss a day and it's (very reasonably) nothing.

You overlook one teensy difference...Our coaches spoke to and know why our players aren't at camp. Chip Kelly apparently has no idea why Peters isn't there.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

You people kill me...Outside of Schoebel, another TBD favorite(sarcasm for the dull), Peters was the most talented player on this team in the last ten years. You all get your nuts in a twist over cutting the punter but don't care that the team traded away a franchise LT. If you want to argue LT's are overrated in todays short drop quick throw league I am down with that. But at the time he was the best LT in the league, and he got the money the market was paying.

Imagine yourself at work being the highest performer, and some fat slob lured away from another company gets paid way more than you to occupy the office next to you. The he proceeds to suck at his job. Imagine that co-worker is Derrick Dockery and see how long you would put up with getting paid less than him????

You overlook one teensy difference...Our coaches spoke to and know why our players aren't at camp. Chip Kelly apparently has no idea why Peters isn't there.

PTR

You're right, one day of that is indeed a teensy difference at a voluntary workout.

Peters is and always has been a dog

He has not even come close to earning that contract

Yeah, first and second-team All Pro selections at LT don't come close to earning a contract in the top two highest LT salaries.

Oh, wait ...