Bills sign WR DeMarco Sampson

Can we stop calling these guys "wide receivers?"

I mean, yes, if the starting corps all eats the fish and are too violently ill to take snaps, may be then he's a "wide receiver."

Can we just come up with another name? Is "special teamer" so wrong?

Can we stop calling these guys "wide receivers?"

I mean, yes, if the starting corps all eats the fish and are too violently ill to take snaps, may be then he's a "wide receiver."

Can we just come up with another name? Is "special teamer" so wrong?

Maybe the Bills think he can play WR. Hard to say at this point.

I can only imagine that Doug Whalley is having doubts about some of Buddy's WR draft picks. The signing seems bizarre. Perhaps Doug liked him in the 2011 draft (and Buddy overlooked him). Perhaps DeMarco can also play MLB and CB as well as WR. His stats don't suggest he is a special team ace.

Two years experience and 27 years old. Find that a bit odd.

Had a 6 year college career due to missing 2 full season with a foot injury...

2005-some reserve duty, maybe 1 TD

2006-Injured

2007-Injured

2008-11 rec for 111yds and a couple TD's

2009-Earned starting spot back, 62 rec, 851 yds & 8tds

2010-Breakout year with 67 rec for 1220 yds & another 8tds

Another guy who runs sub 4.5 40's

I can only imagine that Doug Whalley is having doubts about some of Buddy's WR draft picks. The signing seems bizarre. Perhaps Doug liked him in the 2011 draft (and Buddy overlooked him). Perhaps DeMarco can also play MLB and CB as well as WR. His stats don't suggest he is a special team ace.

As others have pointed out this draft broke the mold of Buddy's past drafts. To me that symbolizes that Whaley had a greater influence on this particular draft.

It is the end of May this signing does not realy signify anything really substantial...

You really think so? This seems more like a training camp/ special teams move to me. If you truly think Whaley got this guy because he has doubts about Woods or Goodwin then you are greatly under-estimating those two receivers and/or over-estimating Sampson.

You really think so? This seems more like a training camp/ special teams move to me. If you truly think Whaley got this guy because he has doubts about Woods or Goodwin then you are greatly under-estimating those two receivers and/or over-estimating Sampson.

Exactly.

Had a 6 year college career due to missing 2 full season with a foot injury...

2005-some reserve duty, maybe 1 TD

2006-Injured

2007-Injured

2008-11 rec for 111yds and a couple TD's

2009-Earned starting spot back, 62 rec, 851 yds & 8tds

2010-Breakout year with 67 rec for 1220 yds & another 8tds

Another guy who runs sub 4.5 40's

I think what we're seeing is indicative of what I've predicted we'd see of this offense as a system - similar to what New Orleans ran during their recent Super Bowl run - where most of our WR's are INTERCHANGABLE, where each can more or less line up at ANY OF THE WR POSITIONS, so what we're seeing Buffalo doing is filling up the cupboard, so to speak, with WR's who fit that tall, fast, can catch mold. Sure, he'll be on the practice squad if at all on the roster, but it's the point of being able to go to our last reserves and have them still be THE SAME MOLD - Tall and FAST.

You completely miss the boat that we have to make a big deal over standard camp fodder roster moves! They obviously portend great things like the Bills are secretly telegraphing the return of Elvis and 2-pac on a summer tour.

I think this guy is tall, he's got some film(go see) of some good, athletic catches in the NFL, "let's see what he does, because we know what the CB we released does, and it ain't that great", and that's all there is to it.

Edited by OCinBuffalo