Chuck Norris personally selects NFL team for quarterback Tim Tebow

And for anti-religious nuts looking for an excuse to bash the other side.

I don't think it's nuts to believe that I won't spend the rest of eternity in an actual, literal hot place with flames and an actual embodiment of the devil for having pre-marital sex. Or that Noah actually, literally lived to be over 800 years old and collected two of every species on his boat after making sure he had a male and female of each- including millions of species of tiny insects- before enduring 40 days of rain, which flooded the earth. I can assure you that Tebow believes both these things sure as the sun will rise tomorrow. You can call me nuts. I'm comfortable where I stand.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While there are certainly religious overtones to this issue, and there are certainly people who take a stand on Tebow based solely on these religious overtones, his suckatude is pretty undeniable regardless of his faith. Unfortunately, due to his faith, there are those that are blind to his suckatude, and take every insult against his abilities as a personal affront to their religion, as well as those who will take a shot at Tebow for the sole purpose of taking a shot at his religious beliefs, and by extention those who share his beliefs.

I am not a religious person. I am cool with live and let live. Aaron Rogers, Drew Brees, hell, even Frank Reich by all accounts are very religious people, and all are infinitely more talented than Tebow in terms of their ability to play QB in the NFL, and yet despite their religious beliefs they are no where near as polarizing. I didn't root for or against Frank Reich because he was a Christian, I rooted for him because he was a Bill. I'm sure, because of his religious beliefs, that there were people who rooted more vigorously for him than what his abilities realistically accounted for, especially because he stood in such stark contrast to Kelly as a person at that time. Admittedly, Tebow is a competitor and was a great college player and has had a few shining moments in the NFL, but the reality based on his body of work is that he is NOT the answer to any team's QB question, as evidenced by the entire league leaving him unemployed. This in a season where nearly a quarter of the teams were scrounging for QBs. Insisting that he is the answer at QB for some team at this stage of the game is not a rational argument. It may be a visceral one, an argument fueled by the last fumes of "Tebowmania," but is not a rational one.

Chuck Norris sold his soul to the devil for his rugged good looks and unparalleled martial arts ability. Shortly after the transaction was finalized, Chuck roundhouse kicked the devil in the face and took his soul back. The devil, who appreciates irony, couldn't stay mad and admitted he should have seen it coming. They now play poker every second Wednesday of the month.

While there are certainly religious overtones to this issue, and there are certainly people who take a stand on Tebow based solely on these religious overtones, his suckatude is pretty undeniable regardless of his faith. Unfortunately, due to his faith, there are those that are blind to his suckatude, and take every insult against his abilities as a personal affront to their religion, as well as those who will take a shot at Tebow for the sole purpose of taking a shot at his religious beliefs, and by extention those who share his beliefs.

I am not a religious person. I am cool with live and let live. Aaron Rogers, Drew Brees, hell, even Frank Reich by all accounts are very religious people, and all are infinitely more talented than Tebow in terms of their ability to play QB in the NFL, and yet despite their religious beliefs they are no where near as polarizing. I didn't root for or against Frank Reich because he was a Christian, I rooted for him because he was a Bill. I'm sure, because of his religious beliefs, that there were people who rooted more vigorously for him than what his abilities realistically accounted for, especially because he stood in such stark contrast to Kelly as a person at that time. Admittedly, Tebow is a competitor and was a great college player and has had a few shining moments in the NFL, but the reality based on his body of work is that he is NOT the answer to any team's QB question, as evidenced by the entire league leaving him unemployed. This in a season where nearly a quarter of the teams were scrounging for QBs. Insisting that he is the answer at QB for some team at this stage of the game is not a rational argument. It may be a visceral one, an argument fueled by the last fumes of "Tebowmania," but is not a rational one.

Every word of this post is a tour de force of rationality.

Bravo.

Chuck Norris sold his soul to the devil for his rugged good looks and unparalleled martial arts ability. Shortly after the transaction was finalized, Chuck roundhouse kicked the devil in the face and took his soul back. The devil, who appreciates irony, couldn't stay mad and admitted he should have seen it coming. They now play poker every second Wednesday of the month.

And this is freaking hilarious!

You are a damn good writer. Clearly better than most who write for a living.

Kudos to you.

I am not a 'nut', and I am also not an Atheist. I DO think that people who wear/broadcast their religious beliefs like a neon sign are hypocrites. Tebow happens to be one of them. He also just happens to suck as a quarterback. That won't stop the drooling, compartmentalized in the head Christian nutcases from foaming at the mouth because they can't accept what the guy is really about on, and off of the field.

Edited by Ted William's frozen head

And this is freaking hilarious!

You are a damn good writer. Clearly better than most who write for a living.

Kudos to you.

I appreciate the compliment. I confess, however, that the Chuck Norris quote was unearthed via a google search comprised of "Chuck Norris devil" in honor of the thread content.

I appreciate the compliment. I confess, however, that the Chuck Norris quote was unearthed via a google search comprised of "Chuck Norris devil" in honor of the thread content.

Well your first post was excellent and when I read the second one, I was blown away.

You are to be lauded for your writing skills and your disclosure and condemned for plagiarizing.

We'll take a few more minutes to review your case before rendering a final judgement.

:)

When I was nine, I saw The Chuckster in "A Force of One" and thought he was cool. That's because I was nine. Since that time, I've thought his movies, TV show and feeble attempts in the political arena were pathetic. Chuck, please fade away with a shred of dignity left or you'll wind up on a stage talking to an empty chair. IMO, he and Tebow are cut from same cloth > they are both tools.

Edited by indiragandhi'sthong

I can play that "my experts bigger than your expert" game too. Heres one just a few weeks ago from Mike Ditka in support of Tebow....

“I think [Tebow] can play quarterback in the NFL, but whatever offense you run might have to be tweaked a bit. This kid is a talent and he proved it in college. He is an outstanding leader. Now, does he have an unusual throwing motion? Yes. But there a lot of quarterbacks that didn’t have a perfect throwing motion. Some of them turned out to be great quarterbacks because they were great leaders."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/mike-ditka-believes-tim-tebow-nfl-quarterback-easy-141553187.html

But the bottom line at the end of the day isn't about "opinions". Its about winning, something Tebow has done at every level.

Joe -the-6-pack ... You use Ditka as an expert? Isn't this the same man that traded his entire draft for Ricky "up in smoke" Williams? Solid talent evaluator

A lot of people think the reverse is true.

Most of the fighters I know believe that Bruce was invincible.

Bruce was amazing.

In the Bruce Lee topic. If anyone year likes martial arts movies, go rent the movie IP Man. It's about Bruce Lee's master and the fight scenes are freaking amazing.

Why not jags now? Seriously where are they going with gabbert and henne

Joe, I personally think the Jags might take a chance on him, but he is so damaged by the publicity and lack of playing time with the Jets the Jags would probably see the experiment as a major distraction. Let him prove something in Canada over a season or two and he could move on from there. Of course it is possible that he just doesn't have it, but I think he deserves some shot at proving himself.

Tebow sucks. Odds are good that he will continue to suck as a QB. Cool dude, but as an NFL qb, he never had it to begin with. The Bills defense had a field day against him. What else needs to be said?

the Bills won how many playoff games that year? How many did Tebow win? Didn't he play a better defense than Buffalo's in that game?

I really think the Jets ruined his career, the lack of playing time killed him with Sanchez there, even though the only reason he didn't beat out Sanchez was the tat of Wrecks Ryan's wife in a Sanchez jersey on his arm.

I agree with this. The JETS are a blackhole for anyone, and if was a huge mistake for Tebow to go to that circus. The Jags should take him. They have nothing to loose, they are already a joke of a team, and if Tebow stinks it up, well, at least they sold out a few games in the meantime. It's not like they have a QB anyway.

Hmmm....for all of us posters. How many Buffalo Bills qb's since Jim Kelly have taken us to the playoffs? Flutie/Johnson. How many have actually won a playoff game? Nobody. We are not in a position to be blowing poop onto Tebow.

1, 2, 3....squat.

Hmmm....for all of us posters. How many Buffalo Bills qb's since Jim Kelly have taken us to the playoffs? Flutie/Johnson. How many have actually won a playoff game? Nobody. We are not in a position to be blowing poop onto Tebow.

So, just because my last couple of girlfriends were ugly, I have to date the pig who wears a little lipstick?

He'll play again. Hate to sound like a cliche, but I will anyway: The dude is a winner. He took a crappy Broncos team to the second round of the playoffs. He may not be a good QB, but he finds ways to win, and is exciting to watch. He beat the freaking Steelers in the playoffs.

There are plenty of prototypical QBs who finish their careers at .500. I'll take a scrappy .750 bawler with bad form any day of the week over the former.

Listen to Chuck Norris. His wisdom will guide you.

He'll play again. Hate to sound like a cliche, but I will anyway: The dude is a winner. He took a crappy Broncos team to the second round of the playoffs. He may not be a good QB, but he finds ways to win, and is exciting to watch. He beat the freaking Steelers in the playoffs.

There are plenty of prototypical QBs who finish their careers at .500. I'll take a scrappy .750 bawler with bad form any day of the week over the former.

Listen to Chuck Norris. His wisdom will guide you.

Good thing you are not an NFL GM lol.

I don't understand some of the dynamics of today's society. Well I do but I also don't.

There's been a lot of criticism of his throwing motion, etc.

What would be the problem with him taking a year off from the NFL and just doing an intensive QB training? He worked for 2 weeks with Weinke and/or Testaverde this offseason? Big deal.

The scout said that he didn't have enough self-awareness to realize and work on his weaknesses. So take a year off, work with Cutcliffe, work with Rob Johnson's Dad, work with Weinke again, work with Whitfield or Mastrole.

Prove that you have the character and the perserverence and the determination. Hold onto your dreams and work towards them.

It doesn't have to happen this year, especially when the world is tilted on its axis away from you.

Let the distractions die down, work quietly out of the public eye this year and have your agent drum up interest next January.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

I don't understand some of the dynamics of today's society. Well I do but I also don't.

There's been a lot of criticism of his throwing motion, etc.

What would be the problem with him taking a year off from the NFL and just doing an intensive QB training? He worked for 2 weeks with Weinke and/or Testaverde this offseason? Big deal.

The scout said that he didn't have enough self-awareness to realize and work on his weaknesses. So take a year off, work with Cutcliffe, work with Rob Johnson's Dad, work with Weinke again, work with Whitfield or Mastrole.

Prove that you have the character and the perserverence and the determination. Hold onto your dreams and work towards them.

It doesn't have to happen this year, especially when the world is tilted on its axis away from you.

Let the distractions die down, work quietly out of the public eye this year and have your agent drum up interest next January.

I think Tebow enjoys being in the public eye way too much to intentionally stay out of it for too long.

I don't always drink beer......but when I do I make Chuck Norris serve it to me in a dress. Stay thirsty my friends.

Of all the people you could have put in the dress to serve you beer, you thought Chuck Norris would be the most appealing? You went with humiliation over sex appeal? YOU stay thirsty, my friend.

Edited by transient

So, just because my last couple of girlfriends were ugly, I have to date the pig who wears a little lipstick?

. Not really. Your last four or five girlfriends couldn't give you a winning season and this girlfriend has never failed to deliver winners as a starter. tebow for buffalo? No we are going in another direction. I think a Canadian team should take a chance on him

Chuck Norris died 20 years ago, death just hasn't built up the courage to tell him yet.

Chuck Norris will never have a heart attack. His heart isn't nearly foolish enough to attack him.

Jesus can walk on water. Chuck Norris can swim through land.

Chuck Norris and Justin Bieber once had a singing contest, the loser had to never hit puberty.

Tebow fans are the NFL equivilant of Beiber fans.

Mark my words .... Heed them. When Chuck Norris dies, his boyfriend will write a tell all book. If ever there was a closeted self hating Homosexual it's Chuck. (And I hold no predjudice against homosexuals, I just think it's crazy that more people don't see this)

Edited by Thirdborn