Whaley named Bills GM

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait for him to hire his own coach and coaching staff.

All of this irrelevant . When Ralph dies, new ownership will flush them all and start over. Guaranteed. No one pays $800m for an asset and does not put their own team in to run it. Having said this, it is very very good for Whaley, Marrone and crew in getting NFL experience while Ralph is still with us, but make no mistake, new ownership will flush them all. Their contracts are small, and new ownership will have no loyalty to todays team. Brandon, the whole lot of them will be gone.

-proud of where we are today. Looking forward. Responsibility to bring winner to this city

To Russ, how we know Doug's the best guy?

-know Doug almost his whole career Brent to Stanford together. Worked on NFL program together there. Always stayed in touch. Tireless at work, humble, always about is, been scouting pros and college side. No one in league ever says anything negetive about Whaley.

Whats message to fan base?

-competitive and committed to bring a championship

Time management?

-lot of responsibilities. Will delegate people am empower them.

Sorry I missed most of the press conference but I added what I caught.

Doug seems to be aggressive today. Seems like he's getting short with the reporters here.

I think he is nervous. Seemed to "loosen up" as it went on.

All of this irrelevant . When Ralph dies, new ownership will flush them all and start over. Guaranteed. No one pays $800m for an asset and does not put their own team in to run it. Having said this, it is very very good for Whaley, Marrone and crew in getting NFL experience while Ralph is still with us, but make no mistake, new ownership will flush them all. Their contracts are small, and new ownership will have no loyalty to todays team. Brandon, the whole lot of them will be gone.

that all depends in if they are winners or not. If they get things back to the playoffs in the next 2 years before new ownership comes in, there would really be no need I replace everyone.

If they are losing like the last 13 years, then yes, of course. But then again, none of the fans will care at that point because we will have new operations from the top on down.

I've been watching for the last fifty years and you have the right to be cynical. The problem with the Bills was always Ralph Wilson. This is not meant to disparage the man or his contribution to the NFL. I've met him. His eyes light up when he talks about the Bills. He truly loves the team. That being said he made a lot of bad management and coaching decisions over the years. Through the mid 1980s Ralph was considered to be a bad owner. Only after Polian and Levy did he become revered.

A few years ago, after a monumental collapse against the Dolphins (Travis Henry halfback pass), I told my nephew, another avid Bills fan, that nothing would change until ownership changed. I could be wrong but Ralph giving total control to Brandon is close. What has gone on over the last few months has a decidedly different feel to it. I hope I am right, we'll see.

I agree, but I'm doing what I can to temper getting too excited. I can't take the ups and downs :w00t:

-proud of where we are today. Looking forward. Responsibility to bring winner to this city

To Russ, how we know Doug's the best guy?

-know Doug almost his whole career Brent to Stanford together. Worked on NFL program together there. Always stayed in touch. Tireless at work, humble, always about is, been scouting pros and college side. No one in league ever says anything negetive about Whaley.

Whats message to fan base?

-competitive and committed to bring a championship

Time management?

-lot of responsibilities. Will delegate people am empower them.

Sorry I missed most of the press conference but I added what I caught.

Thanks for the transcript, but can you please elaborate on the bolded text? What does Stanford have to do with Brandon or Whaley?

Thanks for the transcript, but can you please elaborate on the bolded text? What does Stanford have to do with Brandon or Whaley?

We have several NFL management courses for players and executives here. I was surprised to see that in the transcript as well, but I assume they both attended the same one.

Edited by NickelCity

that all depends in if they are winners or not. If they get things back to the playoffs in the next 2 years before new ownership comes in, there would really be no need I replace everyone.

If they are losing like the last 13 years, then yes, of course. But then again, none of the fans will care at that point because we will have new operations from the top on down.

^This. Regardless of new owners or not, if they stink up the joint, they are fired. If they win, they stay. Simple as that. No new owner that plunks down $800m for a franchise is going to dismantle a winning team.

GO BILLS!!!

Wow, nice to know YOU wont replace everyone! A little freudulent slip?

We have several NFL management courses for players and executives here. I was surprised to see that in the transcript as well, but I assume they both attended the same one.

that is correct. They were not only in the same management course, Russ said he worked with Whaley quite a bit while in the course.

They each attended an NFL seminar at Stanford many years ago, when they first met

that is correct. They were not only in the same management course, Russ said he worked with Whaley quite a bit while in the course.

So Brandon and Whaley took a course at Stanford together? That's interesting. Thanks.

So Brandon and Whaley took a course at Stanford together? That's interesting. Thanks.

thank WGR for providing the interview. I just related the information from WGR.

Was anything said about Byrd's contract?

CBF

something was brought up by the media. Something was said but I missed it.

All I can say, is that it seemed like Whaley was pretty short with the reporters at times. Seemed like he was getting frustrated with some of the questions.

But that's just what I faintly heard. Had other things going on and couldn't follow it directly.

What's a "freudelent slip"?

Combination of freudian and fraudulent?

Was anything said about Byrd's contract?

CBF

Whaley on how he’ll handle Byrd situation

What they're saying about Doug Whaley: http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/What-theyre-saying-about-Doug-Whaley/99e60803-fefe-4c49-a50b-9e09e7702ce4

Edited by 26CornerBlitz